Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
@Edge612 I feel like you are trying to pump the brakes a little bit on this road back to The Bers, no? And I mean that in the best way, and in a good way! It is going faster than I thought it would. The Days till the Bers count is the most jarring. I still remember being so excited to hit 100 days, and now here we are just about one week away from seeing that count be in the 70's. I'm with you, The Bers are coming fast enough so you are right, let's enjoy this summer while we can :)
Yes I am because I know summer goes fast sometimes. And I do enjoy summer. And once we reach The Bers there's no turning back. I like having "everything ahead of us" still through August 31. That's why I"m gonna enjoy this summer as much as I can!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 171
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 147
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 86

Happy Week Into June! We are into a new week folks and since we forgot to do this last Monday (but recovered by mid-week) let's get to our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week first today. We have 24 weeks remaining until then. My thing is let's just stay in the 20s for a while. That's a comfortable feeling. Now on to our daily countdowns: 171 days till Thanksgiving, 147 days till November, and 86 days till The Bers. Our next milestone happens in 13 days when we welcome in (officially) the arrival of summer. That will be a great one as we see the 3rd of 3 Non-Autumn seasons will begin. I hope it will be a great summer but like most of us have already accepted that it's summer now and we're trying to enjoy it minus any hurricanes hopefully. We had a hot weekend here. It definitely felt like full-fledged summer. Next week I'll be on vacation (but not from the Thanksgiving Countdown). I hope everyone is ready to have a great week this week. Enjoy each moment folks. As my birthday approaches on Saturday and the years have gone by faster and faster I realize the urgency more and more of enjoying each day as much as you possibly can. Have a great Week Into June!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia

Happy Week Into June! We are into a new week folks and since we forgot to do this last Monday (but recovered by mid-week) let's get to our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week first today. We have 24 weeks remaining until then. My thing is let's just stay in the 20s for a while. That's a comfortable feeling. Now on to our daily countdowns: 171 days till Thanksgiving, 147 days till November, and 86 days till The Bers. Our next milestone happens in 13 days when we welcome in (officially) the arrival of summer. That will be a great one as we see the 3rd of 3 Non-Autumn seasons will begin. I hope it will be a great summer but like most of us have already accepted that it's summer now and we're trying to enjoy it minus any hurricanes hopefully. We had a hot weekend here. It definitely felt like full-fledged summer. Next week I'll be on vacation (but not from the Thanksgiving Countdown). I hope everyone is ready to have a great week this week. Enjoy each moment folks. As my birthday approaches on Saturday and the years have gone by faster and faster I realize the urgency more and more of enjoying each day as much as you possibly can. Have a great Week Into June!​
Yep the summer heat has came to the valley now. We officially move into "Summer Survive" mode, which means doing as much outside activities in the evening as possible when the heat is retreating. I'll begin mowing now between 7 - 8 PM when the sun is going down. Same thing with washing vehicles / equipment, etc.. The downside to that, is that It will take me 2 evenings to mow the grounds completely. I usually just do everything on the same day, but now the heat makes that dangerous and not possible. I just have to remind myself daily of that Bers count when I'm really suffering here. And it won't even be that long, because usually the heat is noticeably retreating for good by the latter part of the month! Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I've got that longing feeling again for Thanksgiving. Just can't shake it.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Yep, as of June 1st it's already summer for me personally. It's okay though, because June 20th is the summer solstice, which brings the promise of shorter days and, eventually, declining heat. But realistically it's going to be hot here until at least early October.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Yep, as of June 1st it's already summer for me personally. It's okay though, because June 20th is the summer solstice, which brings the promise of shorter days and, eventually, declining heat. But realistically it's going to be hot here until at least early October.
The Fall Festivals start at the beginning of September when it's still very hot here also. And even though I will be in shorts and a t-shirt for the first few festivals, by the time the last ones roll around, I'll be in jeans and a sweatshirt. It will be here before you know it.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Monday! 24 weeks is plenty of time to enjoy but exciting to look ahead and feel the approach of Thanksgiving.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 170
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 146
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 85

Happy Jogging Thru June! It's another day here folks and time for 3 more countdowns to kick off this Tuesday morning. Let's look at them now. We have 170 days till Thanksgiving, 146 days till November, and 85 days till The Bers. Creeping downward all 3 countdowns move by 1 this morning as they normally do. Our next milestone will be in 12 days when we welcome in officially summer, however, most of us know it feels like summer already. And that will be the start of the 3rd season (and final one) until Autumn (our favorite) which will happen during The Bers Season. Yeah you can feel the excitement already. But one thing I'm looking forward to is 4th of July. Always one of my favorites and it really kicks off the 2nd half of the year with a bang. That's something I'm slowly starting to think about in our future. Alright, so everyone here is thinking turkey thoughts this Tuesday? That's a lot of t's. But it is something we all do on a daily basis. It's why we're here. Have a great Jogging Thru June!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
The Fall Festivals start at the beginning of September when it's still very hot here also. And even though I will be in shorts and a t-shirt for the first few festivals, by the time the last ones roll around, I'll be in jeans and a sweatshirt. It will be here before you know it.
Sweatshirt weather really is the best, isn't it? Even people I know who don't like the holidays, I have yet to find one person who doesn't like sweatshirt weather!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
What a great place to be in. All of our counts under 200, just cruising through summer and thinking about turkey. And mashed potatoes. And dressing. And mac and cheese. And green bean casserole. And corn. And pumpkin pie. And warm, buttered rolls fresh from the oven.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 169
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 145
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 84

Happy Mid-Week June! We are moving along into the middle of the week and we look at our 3 countdowns this morning as follows: 169 days till Thanksgiving, 145 days till November, and 84 days till The Bers. Our next milestone will happen on the 20th of this month which is in 11 days time. It will welcome in the official arrival of summer but as most of you know it already feels like summer in a lot of places. That will be a big marker and we then will start the final season before Autumn. No offense to winter and spring but summer is exciting knowing we are in the season before autumn. Well tomorrow is Thursday and our good friend CW will deliver another great video for us. But first things first let's just enjoy today shall we? It sounds like a great plan to me if I don't say so myself. And stay cool in your a/c if it's hot out there. Turkey thoughts will cool you off trust me. And make your tummy grumble. Have a great Mid-Week June!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image