Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 235
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 211
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 150

Happy Easter! Ok so it may not be Thanksgiving to many of us but it's a very special holiday to many in its own right. And we look at our 3 countdowns on this Easter Sunday. We have 235 days till Thanksgiving, 211 days to go until November, and 150 days remaining until The Bers. Notice something? Yeah this milestone kind of sticks out a bit. The 150 Day Marker till The Bers is here folks! We made it to another milestone. As close to 100 days now as we are to 200. Pretty incredible. Our next milestone? It's kind of obvious too. It's the 200 Day Marker till November! And it's in 11 days from now folks. That will happen on a Thursday appropriately. So many milestones fall on Thursdays don't they? And CW will have a video for us that day. But let's not get ahead of ourselves shall we? Lets enjoy Easter. All holidays in some way reminds me of Thanksgiving. And that's a great thing. Have a great Happy Easter!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Happy Easter! All day yesterday while I was outside getting the back yard cleaned up in anticipation of my first mowing of the season, I couldn't help but think of what Edge said regarding April being so much like October. And it is true! The weather, and at least for me "the feels" are so much like October. Heck I even said back in January, in anticipation of "Halfoween", that "April was going to be the new October". Well it won't replace October, as nothing can, but it sure will be a lot like it! And today sure will feel a lot like Thanksgiving! Have a great one, MMC!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I think April definitely mirrors October, and even if Easter falls in March I think the spirit of Rejoicing in the Spring mirrors the Thanksgiving in November. The changing of the seasons just seems to spark something in us all.

Last edited:

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy Easter! And Happy 150 days until the Bers!

It's perhaps fitting that today we're having our Easter-giving meal. I hope this becomes a yearly tradition. Maybe I can even talk my wife into letting us have turkey next year!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter holiday!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Milestone Day and Happy Easter!!!
150 days until the Bers! :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 234
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 210
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 149

Happy Easter Monday! We made it folks to a new week. I hope you all had a great time on Easter Sunday. Let's look at our 3 countdowns to start this week off right. We have 234 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 210 days till November, and 149 days till The Bers. Oh yes. Our next milestone will happen in 10 days time when we reach the 200 Day Marker till November. That will be quite a sight to see for sure. Oh and it's Monday. We LOVE Mondays in this thread because we have a special Weekly Countdown till Thanksgiving Week (the best week of the year of course). That number? It now stands at 33 weeks! That's right folks. Double 3's. How about that? Well lots to look forward to and be excited about this week. Seems like a lot of happiness here in April. Love this month for sure. It's a great month indeed and a lot like a Bers Month. Have a great Easter Monday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 233
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 209
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 148

Happy April Week! We move ahead folks as Easter Monday is gone and we settle solidly in spring time now. We look at our 3 countdowns above and see the following stats: 233 days till Thanksgiving, 209 days till November, and 148 days till The Bers. Our next milestone? What is it? It's in 9 days folks and that would be the 200 Day Marker till November. That's right and it falls on yet another Thursday. It feels like Thursday is simply milestone day doesn't it? But that should be a fun one as we move forward towards that area of the countdown. For now? We're just here trying to enjoy a Tuesday. It's "just" a Tuesday is what someone I knew used to say. My favorite Tuesday is the one of Thanksgiving Week though. That always feels so special to me. That whole week does hence why we do our Weekly Countdown to that week every single Monday. Now everyone get on board and have a great day will ya? Have a great April Week!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm with @The_Escalation on being blown away by the Bers count. I mean I knew for weeks now that Easter Sunday would mark 150 days, but realizing that before next month is out, we will see that reach 100, it does blow the mind. Man, I can't WAIT to be back to that point. And it's gonna go easy. April & May are pretty fine weather to be outside and enjoying things. I think we need some sort of celebration on that day, maybe just something small, who knows.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 233
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 209
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 148

Happy April Week! We move ahead folks as Easter Monday is gone and we settle solidly in spring time now. We look at our 3 countdowns above and see the following stats: 233 days till Thanksgiving, 209 days till November, and 148 days till The Bers. Our next milestone? What is it? It's in 9 days folks and that would be the 200 Day Marker till November. That's right and it falls on yet another Thursday. It feels like Thursday is simply milestone day doesn't it? But that should be a fun one as we move forward towards that area of the countdown. For now? We're just here trying to enjoy a Tuesday. It's "just" a Tuesday is what someone I knew used to say. My favorite Tuesday is the one of Thanksgiving Week though. That always feels so special to me. That whole week does hence why we do our Weekly Countdown to that week every single Monday. Now everyone get on board and have a great day will ya? Have a great April Week!​
Now you got me thinking about Thanksgiving week. I thought about maybe taking that week off work this year, but oddly enough part of the "magic" for me is just going to work that week and seeing how few people are logged in and actually working. I work from home, so I can't use the term "office atmosphere," but that work week has such a relaxed, laid-back feeling because for the first time all year no one is clamoring to hit any deadlines or trying to wrap up projects. Monday - Wednesday are perfect days for me to just put my earbuds in and listen to my November playlist while organizing and prepping for next year.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Now you got me thinking about Thanksgiving week. I thought about maybe taking that week off work this year, but oddly enough part of the "magic" for me is just going to work that week and seeing how few people are logged in and actually working. I work from home, so I can't use the term "office atmosphere," but that work week has such a relaxed, laid-back feeling because for the first time all year no one is clamoring to hit any deadlines or trying to wrap up projects. Monday - Wednesday are perfect days for me to just put my earbuds in and listen to my November playlist while organizing and prepping for next year.
I have done both.. taken the whole Thanksgiving week off and worked that Mon and Tues of Thanksgiving week and oddly I find that I actually get more done at home when I work that Mon and Tues. I also do not get the same excitement rush taking the whole week off as I do when I work that Mon and Tue.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image