Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I have done both.. taken the whole Thanksgiving week off and worked that Mon and Tues of Thanksgiving week and oddly I find that I actually get more done at home when I work that Mon and Tues. I also do not get the same excitement rush taking the whole week off as I do when I work that Mon and Tue.
I agree with you, Minta, I used to get off at 2:00 on the Weds. before Thanksgiving and from 2:01 pm on it was a flurry of excitement, and having pizza on Weds night was a big tradition. And I definitely got more done on the Monday and Tuesday, because everything was to make sure that Weds-Saturday was as enjoyable as possible. Now I get done with work at 2:00 on Tuesday, and while I do appreciate being home on Thanksgiving Eve, I don't think I would use Personal Time to take off the Monday.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I have done both.. taken the whole Thanksgiving week off and worked that Mon and Tues of Thanksgiving week and oddly I find that I actually get more done at home when I work that Mon and Tues. I also do not get the same excitement rush taking the whole week off as I do when I work that Mon and Tue.
Same here I actually love working those few days leading into it!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I agree with you, Minta, I used to get off at 2:00 on the Weds. before Thanksgiving and from 2:01 pm on it was a flurry of excitement, and having pizza on Weds night was a big tradition. And I definitely got more done on the Monday and Tuesday, because everything was to make sure that Weds-Saturday was as enjoyable as possible. Now I get done with work at 2:00 on Tuesday, and while I do appreciate being home on Thanksgiving Eve, I don't think I would use Personal Time to take off the Monday.
Love how we planning Thanksgiving break here in April! :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 232
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 208
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 147

Happy Week Into April! We are a full week into this wonderful month of April. The weather has certainly been wonderful here the last few days and it looks to continue. Speaking of wonderful let's look at our 3 countdowns this mid-week morning. We have 232 days until Thanksgiving, 208 days until November, and 147 days until The Bers. Our next milestone is in 8 days when we reach the 200 Day Marker till November. That's going to be quite a big one if you ask me and I know all of you will be excited for it like I am. Just moving along in our counts this spring. Tomorrow is Thursday and I will have a poll for all of you to enjoy. I hope that it will be an interesting one for you all to enjoy. Thursdays certainly are fun in this thread. Heck every day is fun in this thread isn't it? So let's enjoy Wednesday first I say. Have a great Week Into April!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
We had a discussion over Easter weekend about having a "Halfsgiving" type meal in May to commemorate being halfway there. All were on board. Just one more thing to look forward to next month :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 231
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 207
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 146

Happy Awesome April! It is indeed awesome to be in this month of April and it's also awesome because it is Thursday. And that means poll day. But first things first: 231 days till Thanksgiving, 207 days till November, and 146 days till The Bers. Our next milestone? It's 1 week from today which will be the 200 Day Marker till November. A big one indeed and our friend CW will celebrate that milestone with a video. But today we have a poll for you.
Which best describes your wake up/bed times during Thanksgiving Day?
A.) I'm up early and go to bed early.
B.) I'm up late and go to bed early.
C.) I'm up early and go to bed late.
D.) I'm up late and go to bed late.

My answer is A. I get up around 7AM and go to bed around 10PM. I'm not sure if either is that extreme to be honest but I'd consider both fairly early for a holiday to most people. What about you? Have a great Awesome April!​

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 231
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 207
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 146

Happy Awesome April! It is indeed awesome to be in this month of April and it's also awesome because it is Thursday. And that means poll day. But first things first: 231 days till Thanksgiving, 207 days till November, and 146 days till The Bers. Our next milestone? It's 1 week from today which will be the 200 Day Marker till November. A big one indeed and our friend CW will celebrate that milestone with a video. But today we have a poll for you.
Which best describes your wake up/bed times during Thanksgiving Day?
A.) I'm up early and go to bed early.
B.) I'm up late and go to bed early.
C.) I'm up early and go to bed late.
D.) I'm up late and go to bed late.

My answer is A. I get up around 7AM and go to bed around 10PM. I'm not sure if either is that extreme to be honest but I'd consider both fairly early for a holiday to most people. What about you? Have a great Awesome April!​
Crack of dawn to go buy our traditional fresh dozen bagels.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
C) - I'm usually staying up late the night before because I'm so excited. Then I get up early because normally every year, I am running a 5K "Turkey Trot". Last year it had to be all virtual. This year I am hoping that they will have an actual race again, since they are now advertising for the Battlefield Half Marathon, which is the first weekend of November. And my 4 mile trail race is on Saturday, so that gives me hope that we will still have the Fall running series in my area.

By the way, I found this while browsing around on my ambient noise channels that I like on youtube, and I had to share:

I know videos are normally CW's thing, so please do not take this as to me cutting in or anything, I just wanted to share, even more because it is Thursday!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
C.
Get up real early to get the bird in the oven (Except for this past year. It was weird) and stay up until 10:00 or 11:00 or later if I have the energy.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
I would say A...I am usually up early but we don't put the turkey until 10 or so. We usually eat around 4. People leave around 8 or so and then we relax.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It is A. for me. I love the early morning quiet and prep and as much as I wish I could stay up late and extend the day, I normally head to bed early. I was never much of a Black Friday shopper but I used to get up early on Friday to start putting up Christmas decoration and that was also a great day.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
C, but I live most of my life in C anyway. Still, I'm so wired the week of Thanksgiving that I couldn't go to bed early if I tried. It's just too exciting of a time.

The past few years I've woke up early to get us kolaches and donuts for breakfast. I always tell myself I'll cook a breakfast casserole or something, but the kolaches and donuts have become a sort of tradition now.

After dinner, I'll usually stay up late watching Christmas movies.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
I am C for sure. I am usually up around 7 - 7:30 getting the coffee going and start sautéing the onions and celery for the stuffing. I could make that the night before but the kids love waking up on Thanksgiving morning to the house smelling like Thanksgiving. Depending if we go shopping Thanksgiving night or not I will climb into bed anytime between 11 pm and 2 am.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image