Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 132
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 108
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 47

Happy Middle Day Of July! It's another sunny day here which is nice after clouds ruled for many days in a row. And these 3 counts above all rule every day of our lives here. They are as follows: 132 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 108 days to go until November, and 47 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is on Thursday of next week as we celebrate Tom Turkey Day #8. That should be fun and awesome. I know we are all looking forward to it for sure. I'm trying not to get too nervous yet about that Bers countdown. But hey we still have 6-7 weeks to go until it begins. Plenty of time to enjoy the summer and plan everything we want to for the best 4 month stretch of the year. Other than that thank you to all of you who answered the poll and to CW for posting videos yesterday. Just a bonus to make Thursday even more special than usual. Double the fun right? Speaking of fun I hope you all have some fun this weekend. It's coming soon. Have a great Middle Day Of July!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 133
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 109
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 48

Happy Mid-July! We are almost into the middle of the month now folks in the heart of the summer. This is what my friend CW calls the true "Sweat-fest" time of the year. And it goes on for a while before we see any real serious cool down usually. We have 133 days left until Thanksgiving (by then it should be REALLY cool). We have 109 days to go until November (by then it should be cooler for sure) and we have 48 days remaining until The Bers (the signal of cooler days ahead even if it's not too cool yet by then). Our next milestone folks is 1 week from today when we celebrate Tom Turkey Day #8 of 11! And we will do so with our friend CW posting a video for us. However, let's live in the present and that would be today and so here is a poll:
Which choice(s) summarize your Thanksgiving beverages:
A.) "Adult" beverages
B.) Water
C.) Coffee/Tea
D.) Soda

For me it would be a combination of B, C, and D. I I always get a big iced coffee on Thanksgiving morning and drink throughout the day. I can't go a day without drinking any water at all. However, I do drink soda with my Thanksgiving meal (at least 1 glass). What about you? We always talk about food when it comes to Thanksgiving I thought it would be interesting to have a poll about drinks. Have a great Mid-July!​
It is a combination for me too, it usually goes D, B, and then A.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 132
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 108
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 47

Happy Middle Day Of July! It's another sunny day here which is nice after clouds ruled for many days in a row. And these 3 counts above all rule every day of our lives here. They are as follows: 132 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 108 days to go until November, and 47 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is on Thursday of next week as we celebrate Tom Turkey Day #8. That should be fun and awesome. I know we are all looking forward to it for sure. I'm trying not to get too nervous yet about that Bers countdown. But hey we still have 6-7 weeks to go until it begins. Plenty of time to enjoy the summer and plan everything we want to for the best 4 month stretch of the year. Other than that thank you to all of you who answered the poll and to CW for posting videos yesterday. Just a bonus to make Thursday even more special than usual. Double the fun right? Speaking of fun I hope you all have some fun this weekend. It's coming soon. Have a great Middle Day Of July!​
Don’t worry, Edge. There’s plenty of summer left to go! Like you said, 6-7 weeks, and that’s nothing to sneeze at.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 131
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 107
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 46

Happy 2nd Half of July! We are looking at 3 countdowns this morning folks as follows: 131 days until Thanksgiving remain; 107 days are left until November, and finally 46 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone will happen next week on Thursday when we reach our 8th "Tom Turkey Day" and celebrate it with our friend CW doing a special video post for all of us. Thanks again for all of the answers to the polls. I'm glad everyone had a good time with it and it was a little different instead of talking about food to talk about beverages. I try to mix it up when I can. Now today it should be a good Saturday but the weather may not be as sunny as it was the last few days. We'll see though as summer weather is always strange. Sunshine, pop up thunderstorms, clouds and then sunshine. You know those type of summer days right? I feel like we might see one of those today. No thunderstorms on Thanksgiving though! It's a sure sign we're in the heart of summer. It's a great thing as we have all of the stuff we love the most in front of us. Have a great 2nd Half Of July!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I saw an aisle display of the big heavy duty aluminum Reynolds brand disposable pans at the grocery store, you know the kind, big enough for a whole turkey, dressing, double/triple batches of green bean casserole, etc...!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 130
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 106
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 45

Happy Just July! It's "just" July right? But this is one of my favorite Non-Bers months of the year. So to me it's more than that and these 3 counts are one reason why you should be excited about being in July. We have 130 days to go until Thanksgiving, 106 days remaining until November, and 45 leftover until The Bers. Our next milestone is on Thursday when we reach Tom Turkey Day #8. CW will be here to post a video to celebrate it. Yesterday my sister told me "you know I love summer but fall is still the best." She gets it. And she also told me she is glad we still have 6 full weeks left before September. I guess she's watching our countdowns here huh? My family thinks pretty similar about the calendar and how they look at it. But it should be a good Sunday here with some time to have fun/relax. And then I'm back to work tomorrow for the long haul but I'm excited to see everyone and get back to my work routines. This routine of course here is the best. All of you focus on today and enjoy it. It's Sunday. It's a great day I hope for all of you. Have a great Just July!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
If we managed to have a great Thanksgiving last year in spite of everything that was going on, there is no doubt in my mind that this year will be even better!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 129
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 105
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 44

Happy July Week! We are into a full week here in the month of July. And that's a good thing. Yesterday I was at my Uncle's and we talked all about The Bers and the holidays. It made me realize how I'm just glad we still have time here in the summer to get more excited for it and keep it ahead of us. We have 129 days to go until Thanksgiving. We have 105 days remaining until November. We have 44 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is on Thursday which is in 3 days from now and we will celebrate Tom Turkey Day #8! That has become a fun tradition this year in this thread. That was all our friend Rich's idea and it's definitely caught on. Anyway, our friend CW will be here on Thursday to help us celebrate that milestone with a great video. But right now it's Monday and we all are focusing on today. Did I mention it's Monday? That means it's time for our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week which now stands at 18 weeks. Oh yeah we're solidly into the teens folks. Exciting times I'm telling you all. Let's enjoy it. I know that I am. Have a great July Week!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I saw Halloween candy out in the grocery store (Finally) over the weekend, and am kind of wondering now how many more weeks until we see true thanksgiving themed food items. Probably not much longer!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 129
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 105
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 44

Happy July Week! We are into a full week here in the month of July. And that's a good thing. Yesterday I was at my Uncle's and we talked all about The Bers and the holidays. It made me realize how I'm just glad we still have time here in the summer to get more excited for it and keep it ahead of us. We have 129 days to go until Thanksgiving. We have 105 days remaining until November. We have 44 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is on Thursday which is in 3 days from now and we will celebrate Tom Turkey Day #8! That has become a fun tradition this year in this thread. That was all our friend Rich's idea and it's definitely caught on. Anyway, our friend CW will be here on Thursday to help us celebrate that milestone with a great video. But right now it's Monday and we all are focusing on today. Did I mention it's Monday? That means it's time for our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week which now stands at 18 weeks. Oh yeah we're solidly into the teens folks. Exciting times I'm telling you all. Let's enjoy it. I know that I am. Have a great July Week!​
18 weeks?! That's exciting!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Yep, the Martinelli's is our go-to if we can't find the Welch's holiday flavors. So good!

I would not be surprised at all if someday you showed up on my Ancestry DNA list as a long-lost cousin. The similarities are uncanny!
Maybe we should start an MMC group on Relative Finder and see how we are all related. Gotta be genetic somehow.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 128
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 104
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 43

Happy July Summer! We are moving along here in to day 2 of the work week. It was good to be back at work on Monday. It was a nice day out. And I really took it in how we have 6+ weeks to go till The Bers still. Don't believe me? Let's look at the countdowns this morning. We have 128 days to go until Thanksgiving, 104 days remaining until November, and 43 days to go till The Bers (yes that is over 6 weeks still). Our next milestone will take place the day after tomorrow. It will be on Thursday as we celebrate Tom Turkey Day #8 with our friend CW posting a special video for us. It should be a fun time for sure but I'm ready to have a fun time here on Tuesday. I'm at the point, as you can tell, where I'm trying to drag my feet towards The Bers. I want to keep it ahead of us as long as we can because once it starts there's no restarting it. And I love a fresh start like that. Anyway, I hope everyone here is still trying to enjoy their summer while dreaming of all 3 of those counts above us where we are all excited to eventually head towards. No rush though. Have a great July Summer!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image