Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Farewell summer! Now take the weather with you please. It's still so hot here. Tomorrow I will smoke a Boston Butt (pork shoulder) and some asparagus for dinner.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The leaves are starting to turn a little in the mountains so tomorrow we will pack a picnic and go see autumn's first paintbrush strokes.
That sounds magnificent! The corn and bean fields by me are starting to turn, but not a mountain as far as the eye can see!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 80
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 56

Happy Labor Day! And here we go all Thanksgiving Fans aboard our train on this Monday. We are looking at a big one folks so let’s get to it. We have 80 days to go until Thanksgiving & 56 days remaining until November. It’s Monday so you know that means time for our weekly countdown to Thanksgiving Week which now stands at 11. That’s double 1’s folks. And we are moving ahead really into Autumn (unofficially) now. Our next milestone will not take place until the end of the weekend when we reach the “Final Fifty” to November on Sunday. And I know we all are looking forward to that one aren’t we? For now I hope everyone here has some fun holiday plans that they hope to enjoy. It would be a nice thing to see everyone here enjoy their holiday today if you are celebrating it. And of course take out time to remember those who today is for. We’re all here though trying to enjoy the day and the food/company that we may have. It’s not quite Thanksgiving to us in this thread but it’s a very special day indeed and being in The Bers has been quite amazing if you ask me. Now all of you turkey fans enjoy it today. Have a great time. Celebrate. And one last thing. Have a great Labor Day!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Gosh! We enter the final 50 on Saturday!?!?

How can it be going this fast? It seemed like the counts were just taking FOREVER for so long, and then BAM - now the hammer is down.

I felt the same way this morning in the Halloween countdown. Don't go by too fast, Bers!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It is a special day and I am grateful to celebrate it. Saturday ushering in the Final 50 to November is hard to believe but I am enjoying the Bers and am looking forward to sharing the ride with you all.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 79
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 55

Happy Week Into September! We are moving back towards work for many of us today after a long holiday weekend. But this is a different feel folks. This isn’t like going back to work after Memorial Day or Easter. This is serious business. We’re into The Bers and heading towards Autumn soon and then our favorite Thanksgiving Season. But let’s look above at our counts. We have 79 days to go until Thanksgiving and 55 days (double nickels) remaining until November. Our next milestone will take place on Sunday (which is in 5 days) when the “Final Fifty” will arrive to November. That will be yet another huge milestone in our list of milestones that seems to be endless. And I’m so glad we’re on the verge of it all. And I know all of you are excited for it as well. It seems like we were in the Final Fifty for The Bers not long ago and now look at us. We’re IN The Bers. Pretty scary but amazing stuff. I know all of you have turkey thoughts in your heads here in September. We’re in the Sweet Spot of the year. This is the time you can seriously dream of all the things we love while experiencing and enjoying the moments we have in a great month yet with everything we love off in the distance in our sights. Have a great Week Into September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Count me in as one of the folks who can report that leaves are just starting to turn up here. Nothing that will take your breath away or anything, but at this rate we will see a visible change by the end of the month and it is my belief that "peak" viewing for the foliage will be the 1st to 2nd week of October.

Hard to not think of Turkey day when you've already got leaves falling on the ground and the rest turning colors! And not to mention FOOTBALL's regular season officially beginning in TWO DAYS!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Just for reference, last year the official announcement regarding the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade took place on Monday, September 14th. That was when we found out that the parade would be "pandemicized" and not a live event. Based on that timeframe I think we can expect to hear news about this year's parade any day now! I'm interested to find out if this year's parade will be a repeat of last year's or if they'll be live with strict attendance rules (proof of vaccination required, mandatory vaccination for anyone in the parade, etc.).

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Just for reference, last year the official announcement regarding the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade took place on Monday, September 14th. That was when we found out that the parade would be "pandemicized" and not a live event. Based on that timeframe I think we can expect to hear news about this year's parade any day now! I'm interested to find out if this year's parade will be a repeat of last year's or if they'll be live with strict attendance rules (proof of vaccination required, mandatory vaccination for anyone in the parade, etc.).
Fingers crossed for a live parade this year.
Please, please, please!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image