Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Because I am a worrywart and the rumors about a turkey shortage scare me, I am planning on taking a trip to the turkey processing plant's store this week and getting that bird safely in my freezer!
I am so glad I am not the only worry wart, I think I am going to go ahead and start looking for a 14 lb. turkey and buy it as soon as I find it. I bet the plant's store has a good variety.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Just for reference, last year the official announcement regarding the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade took place on Monday, September 14th. That was when we found out that the parade would be "pandemicized" and not a live event. Based on that timeframe I think we can expect to hear news about this year's parade any day now! I'm interested to find out if this year's parade will be a repeat of last year's or if they'll be live with strict attendance rules (proof of vaccination required, mandatory vaccination for anyone in the parade, etc.).
We need a live parade this week!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 78
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 54

Happy September Mid-Week! Our countdowns above tell a great story of our 2 countdowns that we have remaining. We have 78 days left until Thanksgiving and 54 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is in 4 days on Sunday when we reach the “Final Fifty” to November. That will be yet another big milestone. We’ve had a lot of those though haven’t we? And it’s a great thing for sure. We love milestones here. They give us something to always strive towards and to look forward to. It’s awesome. I am thankful that we have so many milestones and so many great people to help celebrate them all. And thanks to all of you for being here as often as you are. Now tomorrow is Thursday (the last time I checked). And we’ll try to have a good poll for you to celebrate. Thursdays always make you think about Thanksgiving don’t they? They do for me. There is no other holiday that really represents a specific day of the week quite like Thanksgiving does. And that is just one small reason that makes it as special as it is. And now we go ahead and try to enjoy the middle of our week. I hope you’re all ready for it. And I hope you all enjoy it. Have a great September Mid-Week!​

ChristmasTimeintheCity

Christmas Time In The City
MMC Premiere
MMC Partner
Fingers crossed for a live parade this year.
Please, please, please!
Gosh, I hope the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is back in full form this year.

I will give the 2020 production teams credit, they did the best they could considering the circumstances.

For the last 10 years or so, my wife and I have gone up to the American Museum of Natural History on the Upper West Side to see the balloons be inflated. It's a great way to get a sneak peak at the balloons up close!

Last edited:

ChristmasTimeintheCity

Christmas Time In The City
MMC Premiere
MMC Partner

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
This just in!!!

Awesome news! And they're handling it more or less like I thought they would:

For its Thanksgiving Day Parade, Macy’s said that all volunteer participants and staff must be vaccinated against Covid. In order to implement social distancing along the parade route, Macy’s said it will cut the number of participants by up to 20% to 1,600.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Thursdays are my favorite work week day, even more than Fridays that often feel hectic. And I think Thanksgiving definitely plays a part in it, and the closer we get, the better each Thursday will feel.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 77
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 53

Happy NFL Season! We made it folks to the NFL season and you know one of the biggest days for NFL football is on Thanksgiving Day. Well we are far away from that but that’s ok as we only have 2 countdowns as you know. We have 77 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 53 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone? Folks, it’s in 3 days when reach the “Final Fifty” to November. I can’t wait for that one. It will be big. But here is a big poll for all of you to enjoy today!

Which of the following 3 are the most exciting day to you?
A.) September 1
B.) November 1
C.) Thanksgiving Day
D.) 3 way tie

Well I’m going to give you my answer and say…C. Just as a “day” out of the 3 I have to say Thanksgiving because it’s like the best day of the year. But September 1 is pretty close just because I LOVE September/October time period almost more than anything. What about you? Have a great NFL Season!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image