Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy Thanksgiving to @Edge and everyone who makes this thread a special part of each day and the whole year. This is the day we have been waiting for. Waking up this morning was a wonderful feeling, and even though this week hasn't followed my usual calendar of events, I am grateful to have the extra time to rest and relax. It is a slow morning and since I don't have to prep anything, only reheat the meal I ordered, I am seeing a different side of the day and am thinking of borrowing some of the traditions you all enjoy so much, like the Parade and a stroll. I also believe an afternoon nap is a common post-dinner activity. I don't think I will feel up to any serious decorating but hope to bring out my ironing my Christmas tablecloths and get them ironed and onto the tables, and clear the hutch to make way for my holiday dishes. Whatever you do today, enjoy it and thank you all, you and this thread are high on my list of things I am thankful for!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
rdojgvlzwycwa7l01maw__55041.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!! We finally hit our long awaited day! Getting ready to make stuffing so it has time to cool before it gets packed into the turkeys. We are approaching the end of the '22 thread and the beginning of a new one. Be back in a bit!
Last year I got the milestones/thread ready on Thanksgiving Eve...this year it's noon on Thanksgiving Day and I didn't start yet lol. I'll have it up and running this evening around the usual time probably 8-9PM or somewhere around there.
Glad you have your cranberry sauce this year CW!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Thanks everyone for the nice words but honestly and I'm not trying to be modest here but I've said it before this isn't my thread. I just do the daily count(s) in it...but without all of you being as interested in it as you are I couldn't do it...it would be pointless. So thank YOU all for being here for this amazing 2022 Thanksgiving. I can't believe we went through a whole year in this thread. I'll have some more thoughts later this afternoon and then closing thoughts tonight. The new thread will be here tonight...but right now focus on today. Love seeing the parade today...football coming on...turkey in the oven....how do you beat this day? HOW?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I echo others with my thanks to Edge612. And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I was watching the parade, anyone else notice the gaff when the announcer said, "introducing the sinner from Jamaica" I like it when instead of staying "singer." Oops, I love it when announcer are human and make me laugh.
I DVR it every year...and keep it till the next Thanksgiving so I'm going to go back and look for that!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Turkey is out of the oven. Going to work on the sides.
The 2023 Thanksgiving Milestones and Time Periods (new feature but we kind of started it at some point this year unofficially) are ready to go. Updated. Didn't take long.
Halftime my Detroit Lions (at least on Thanksgiving) are at least in the game with Buffalo. 17-14. Hoping for a good 2nd half of football while we work on the meal!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy Thanksgiving, MMC family! I'm so happy that we made it to today! Can't wait to see you all in the 2023 thread and do all of this over again with y'all for another 365 days!

Thank you, @Edge612 for keeping the turkey train rolling all year long!

More thoughts later; right now we're about to indulge in some yard bird.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Thanksgiving day Brunch / Lunch is now in the books for 2022. Our next stop is down to have dinner with my Grandma and Mom!

I ate my fill at 1:00 PM but now I feel like I could eat again, I don't feel over-stuffed or anything.

I'm not quite ready to think about Thanksgiving 2022 being "over", but I will make peace with those thoughts later this evening especially once Edge gets the NEW thread up and going.

It's going to be quite a ride, AGAIN!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image