Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Brother, I can so relate to your whole experience. I think I have told you our story before about our first daughter's birth, but if not I'll tell you in the chat, or just DM me if you haven't already heard it. I don't want to derail the thread. Needless to say everything turned out fine, and while we swore at the time that we'd only have one child after that experience, it took us eight years to realize that wasn't God's plan for us, and now we have a second beautiful daughter as well. I can't imagine our family without her in it.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard that story, friend. Yes please DM me. And I’m sorry to all for slightly derailing this thread!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I don’t think I’ve ever heard that story, friend. Yes please DM me. And I’m sorry to all for slightly derailing this thread!
No apologies are necessary. We are family!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
For 2023, I really want to live in the moment and not wish my days away. Like you said, the years are coming faster now, and we only get so many of them. Let's see how long I last before I'm saying "cut the brakes" next year. I'm going to try my hardest, though.
I think we can absolutley live in the moment while still looking forward to our milestone days and special days!

Ive lived basically a 24/7 Christmas lifestyle now for about 7 years almost, and I can promise you that “actual” Christmas season is no less special, in fact it even seems to get more special as the years draw on.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Their spring is much different than what we are used to. Most of the snow has melted but its raining or it snows a inch or two. I dont know if it does that everywhere in Alaska but Kodiak Island and Brooks Range is like that.
The year I was in Alaska it was the last couple of weeks of October and the first week of November. I had expected it to be really cold. It was warmer there than here. Even when we went to the glaciers, we only needed jackets and much of the time it was shirt sleeves.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week stands at 51 weeks. It won’t get higher than that.
It WON"T get any higher than today! That is an awesome thought!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I don't think you derailed at all. I felt your gratitude.
I agree with @LadyLynn and the others, you are welcome to share here anytime and I suspect that you are a rock for everyone in your life, so it is nice that you can share some vulnerability here.

My niece had a difficult delivery with her first child that ended up in a c-section after a day and a half of labor and I remember how her husband looked 24 hours after that, and I asked him how he was doing -- many months later, he told me how much that it meant that I asked him how he was doing too, that no one else had. You are in a caring community here.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Agreed with everyone else; I don't think you derailed it either. I just meant that I didn't want to detail it with my story. Sorry if I implied otherwise.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 359
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 337
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 276

Happy Next To Last Day Of November! Today folks we have 359 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 337 days to go until November and 276 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be our first one of this thread and it will be here the day after tomorrow (Thursday) when we reach the Arrival Of December. That will be a big moment for us as we begin on the 11-month journey back to November. And of course folks today is Tuesday so feel free to share any pictures of Thanksgiving you may have. I am going to try to start contributing later in the day on Tuesdays (I have gotten into the habit of coming here twice a day am and pm). We are here in our early part of the Happy Holidays portion of our thread. It certainly is an amazing thing to see how Thanksgiving not only brought us turkey, stuffing, the parade, football and all the traditions but also the entire holiday season. It just welcomed it in and here we are BOOM in the Holiday Season. A great time of year we all should enjoy so it’s hard to look at those counts and think wow they are too high. That just means we’re in the holiday season! Where else would you want to be (other than on Thanksgiving Eve/Day)! No matter what your plans are today and if you have turkey left or not from Thanksgiving I hope you get to enjoy your day. Enjoy the memories we all have right now of Thanksgiving and the holiday season it has brought to us now. Have a great Next To Last Day Of November!​

Last edited:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I know we've been technically counting down since Thanksgiving evening, but hitting December kind of makes it feel "for real".

I was just telling someone yesterday how it feels strange that Thanksgiving already feels like it was a few weeks ago! Thank goodness we can keep the memories alive and the anticipation in this thread!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I just keep thinking about how great Thanksgiving was. I love the feeling that I get on major holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even Easter. It's a different feeling for each one, but I also get to feel like a kid again. I'm glad that Christmas is up next, but I'm already excited for next Thanksgiving.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I just keep thinking about how great Thanksgiving was. I love the feeling that I get on major holidays like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and even Easter. It's a different feeling for each one, but I also get to feel like a kid again. I'm glad that Christmas is up next, but I'm already excited for next Thanksgiving.
I think you have hit the key to why we love the holidays. As adults, we have so many worries and problems. In many ways, focusing on the beauty and joy of each holiday lets us be carefree kids again.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 358
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 336
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 275

Happy Farewell To November! Today folks we have 358 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 336 days to go until November and 275 days left until The Bers. Our first milestone of the thread will be TOMORROW folks when we welcome in the amazing month of December. AMAZING. Well I’ve got a poll for you today as we make the big cross from November into December for our first poll of the new thread!

What’s the better month November or December?

• November
  • December
  • It’s a tie. I can’t choose between them.
  • I prefer another month of the year over November & December.
  • The way this question is worded is key for me. I’m going with C. I think it’s a tie just saying which is “better?” They’re both equally amazing. If I had added the word “Overall” I’d pick November because of the December 26 – December 31-time period where everything is ending. But I love both of these last 2 months so much. And you all know how I feel about October. Love the 4th quarter. Which month would you choose? Well turkey fans we keep trotting along in the early stages still of our Happy Holidays time period. Let’s enjoy it and start it off with just enjoying today. Have a great Farewell To November!​

Last edited:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image