Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
We have a local orchard and market that sells in season only hard cider and a apple beer they brew. You have to be very quick and lucky to get any of their cans of beer. I always manage to get a case of the beer thxs to a lady that helps them. I wait till the house is quiet and crack open a can..its like a rush of autumn leaves blowing past you.
Sounds great!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 353
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 331
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 270

Happy December Week! Today folks we have 353 days left until Thanksgiving, 331 days to go until November and 270 days remaining until The Bers. Our next milestone(s) will be the Arrival Of Winter on December 21 followed by Tom Turkey Day #1 on December 22. Now with those 2 huge milestones ahead of later this month we realize that today is Monday. And you know what that means. It’s time for our Weekly Countdown Till Thanksgiving Week and it stands at 50. Folks…I talked about this last week during “Free Week” but now we really start the 50-week journey which is such a round and robust #. And we now realize that this is where it all really begins. The big 5-0. And we move along in our Happy Holidays portion of our countdown in a great and special season. Hard to believe folks we’re back to 50 again. It seemed like last year we were at 50 and suddenly 35, 27, 12, 3, and 0. Yeah. Hopefully it won’t go anything like that type of speed during this countdown though. I need time to get a break from turkey…although only several days away from it make me wish for it all over again. It’s just hard for us not to crave it isn’t it turkey fans? It’s hard to not love turkey, stuffing, gravy and all the great stuff we love about Thanksgiving. 50 weeks till Thanksgiving Week folks. Let that sink in on a big day. Have a great December Week!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
50 weeks to go, and the "real" part of the countdown journey really begins now.

We are like Bilbo Baggins setting off on an incredible journey!

Truth be told, we probably will not have turkey again until perhaps Easter. Usually in January on Rudolph Day, we do a spiral ham. February could potentially be turkey breasts, but Easter is in March this year so it seems most likely that my next dabbling of Turkey will be in March. That will really make me want for turkey especially as I get into February!

Have a great day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
We have a turkey feast again on Christmas but not at many sides...we usually don't have the Mac and Cheese and Collard greens but it will still be good for sure.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Turkey for Thanksgiving and usually ham for Christmas. That's how it goes with our family. Thankfully I have that Popeye's cajun turkey just chilling in the freezer for my Bers' End Celebration (I'm not calling it New Year's Eve). And honestly that will probably be our last full turkey until Thanksgiving again next year. I'm sure I'll get some turkey legs or turkey breasts for a few of the Tom Turkey Days next year though.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
50 weeks to go, and the "real" part of the countdown journey really begins now.

We are like Bilbo Baggins setting off on an incredible journey!

Truth be told, we probably will not have turkey again until perhaps Easter. Usually in January on Rudolph Day, we do a spiral ham. February could potentially be turkey breasts, but Easter is in March this year so it seems most likely that my next dabbling of Turkey will be in March. That will really make me want for turkey especially as I get into February!

Have a great day!
50 is a big # all week this week through Thursday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 352
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 330
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 269

Happy Festive December! Today folks we have 352 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 330 days to go until November and 269 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone(s) will be down the road 2 weeks from tomorrow when we reach the Arrival Of Winter and 2 weeks from the day after tomorrow when we reach Tom Turkey Day #1. Both are big milestones that we all will cherish and enjoy when they arrive at the correct time that they should. But for now we’re all just trying to enjoy our holiday season during our Happy Holidays segment in this thread. And as they say in a commercial “This was brought to you by…” and that would be Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving gave us what we’re experiencing now. Of course it’s Tuesday and you know that means PICTURE DAY! Maybe you didn’t like picture day back in grade school but I am sure you love it here. And I hope you all are able to enjoy picture day by posting a Thanksgiving picture (or 2). I’ll be back to post one later today as I’ve been making it a second check in for the day in this thread. And no matter what you are feeling today I hope you enjoy your day today. And stay busy all the way throughout. But have fun and cherish where we are right now dreaming of next year’s turkey already. Have a great Festive December!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
So I just learned that Easter in March is not a thing until 2024. So that means the odds are much higher now for me having turkey something before Easter!

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures later today!

Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Picture day, huh? I'm assuming that means pictures of food?

IMG_20221206_070251.jpg

Here's the famous mac and cheese right before it received a coating of shredded cheese and got placed in the oven! The blend was gruyere, smoked Gouda, and aged cheddar.

20221119_180217842_iOS.jpg

Here's a s'mores dip that we just made for ourselves. There's a layer of melted chocolate underneath all of those marshmallows.

Yum!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Turkey for Thanksgiving and usually ham for Christmas. That's how it goes with our family. Thankfully I have that Popeye's cajun turkey just chilling in the freezer for my Bers' End Celebration (I'm not calling it New Year's Eve). And honestly that will probably be our last full turkey until Thanksgiving again next year. I'm sure I'll get some turkey legs or turkey breasts for a few of the Tom Turkey Days next year though.
They price our turkey breasts higher than a whole turkey here. The last few years I just buy a whole turkey and debone it, I will make stuffed turkey roll. I find it obnoxious they rip people off just for the convienence of popping off a breast in 30 seconds. They then turn around and scalp the legs and wings seperately.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Plus those minis are perfect as a stocking stuffer.
Those would be perfect! In fact, I think it would be great to have the whole stocking be "consumable"!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
They price our turkey breasts higher than a whole turkey here. The last few years I just buy a whole turkey and debone it, I will make stuffed turkey roll. I find it obnoxious they rip people off just for the convienence of popping off a breast in 30 seconds. They then turn around and scalp the legs and wings seperately.
I can not tell you how many YouTube videos I have watched showing how to debone a whole turkey and make my own stuffed turkey roll. Any advice on a good tutorial? Or, on a scale of 1-10 how difficult would you say it is to do? I am one of the people that pays for the convenience because I am not confident in my own skills to do it. To give you an idea of my "skill" level, I have cut up a whole chicken.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I can not tell you how many YouTube videos I have watched showing how to debone a whole turkey and make my own stuffed turkey roll. Any advice on a good tutorial? Or, on a scale of 1-10 how difficult would you say it is to do? I am one of the people that pays for the convenience because I am not confident in my own skills to do it. To give you an idea of my "skill" level, I have cut up a whole chicken.
My thought is what is the worst that can happen. You make a mess of it and you can still cook it. I bet you will do great!

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Picture day, huh? I'm assuming that means pictures of food?

View attachment 102630

Here's the famous mac and cheese right before it received a coating of shredded cheese and got placed in the oven! The blend was gruyere, smoked Gouda, and aged cheddar.

View attachment 102631

Here's a s'mores dip that we just made for ourselves. There's a layer of melted chocolate underneath all of those marshmallows.

Yum!
Yum!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 351
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 329
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 268

Happy Week Into December! Today folks we look at our counts and notice we have 351 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 329 days to go until November and 268 days left until The Bers. Our next milestones will be 2 weeks from now when we reach the Arrival of Winter and the very next day we have our 1st Tom Turkey Day! Big time back to back milestones. Today folks we do our weekly poll and this is one I was honestly thinking about yesterday during my daily afternoon walk!

How do you feel about Thanksgiving Eve linking to Thanksgiving as Christmas Eve does to Christmas?

• No comparison Thanksgiving Eve is not at all linked to Thanksgiving as Christmas Eve is to Christmas.
  • Thanksgiving Eve is linked to Thanksgiving but not nearly as much as Christmas Eve is to Christmas.
  • Thanksgiving Eve is linked to Thanksgiving just as much as Christmas Eve is to Christmas.
  • Thanksgiving Eve is linked to Thanksgiving more than Christmas Eve is to Christmas.
  • My answer is C. 2 weeks ago (and 50 weeks from now) Thanksgiving Eve folks I just can’t explain how I feel on that day but to be honest the day it most reminds me of is Christmas Eve. The excitement/feeling in the air that day is unreal. I even joked to myself yesterday walking could Thanksgiving Eve be like the best day of the year? I know. Might sound a little crazy but I really love that day and it’s why I call it the most underrated day of the year. And so I’m saying it links to Thanksgiving just as much as Christmas Eve does to Christmas. What say you? We continue on our Happy Holidays time of year. And you enjoy it. 50 weeks to build back to our own “Dynamic Duo” in this chat of Thanksgiving Eve/Day. Have a great Week Into December!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image