Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am a weirdo because I like MAKING pies. I love the last picture of the handpies. I mean what can be better than having a piece of pie you can take anywhere?
The handpies were my favorite of the trio too!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 176
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 154
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 93

Happy Farewell To May! Today folks we have 176 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 154 days left until November, and 93 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone is tomorrow folks when we welcome in the month of June. We move along in our Summer Sweatfest with today’s big weekly poll below!

With the 3 summer sweatfest months ahead of us which is your favorite?
  • June (because it’s the least hot usually)
  • July (because we have CIJ & 4th of July)
  • August (because we are counting down to The Bers)
  • I like/dislike them all equally
I’m going with B. I love July. It’s the heart of summer. And I do love CIJ. I’ve also said this before but 4th of July, to me, is the best Non-Bers day of the year. My personal favorite. And I love how we do our 50 Day Preview of The Bers starting in July. And I do enjoy the fact we are in the middle of the summer. What about you? Now turkey fans keep it going today here in the middle of the week and hopefully you will have a great day to close out the month of May. Have a great Farewell To May!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I'm going to go with "B" and choose July. You have the excitement of Christmas in July, plus the excitement of every day of July inching you along closer to "Fall Pre-Season". The JOL Day on 7/31 might be my "favorite" JOL Day out of all of them because it effectively returns us back to Fall Pre-Season and the ensuring Bers that follow.

That preview to The Bers is not far away now! Maybe the most popular thing on this website aside from the main Christmas countdown!

Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm going with C. It is really close to being a toss-up with B. July has Independence Day and the start of the 50 Day Preview of The Bers. But August has a whole month of the Preview and leads us right into The Bers.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It's C for me. By the time we hit August, a.k.a. the Fall Preseason, the days are growing shorter, and even though we're still in the midst of summer, there's Fall and Halloween stuff hitting shelves everywhere. It's the only summer month where I really don't mind that it's summer. The only thing that I do not like is the uptick in tropical activity and increased chance of hurricanes.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going with A. June is typically the least humid and is the month that I get the most done. I enjoy July but the high temps and humidity tend to keep me inside more and back to school takes up quite a bit of time and energy. In June, I feel energized and hopeful to have the entire summer in front of me!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 175
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 153
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 92

Happy June Arrives! Today folks we have 175 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 153 days to go until November, and 92 days left until The Bers. It’s Milestone Day folks as we welcome in June! Our next milestone will be in 3 days folks. That’s right on Sunday we’ll reach the 150-Day Marker till November. Wow we’ll be as close to 100 as we are to 200 in that count. We move along in our Summer Sweatfest now with 3 full months of it to go through and enjoy. And we have our weekly Thanksgiving Thought Thursday below!

Summer feels the least like Thanksgiving. Yet, it’s kind of my favorite time to think about it. It’s easy in Autumn and Winter to think about it with a bit of a chill outside. Spring too. But summer? It’s hard to sometimes. But what’s more fun than on a 90 degree day in the summer closing your eyes (and turning on you’re a/c) to think about Thanksgiving and those cooler autumn days?

It’s always fun to think about Thanksgiving but especially in the summer when many will crave autumn, depending on how hot of a summer it is. Only time will tell how everything turns out though. Have a great June Arrives!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
This Thursday Thought was made for me! I have to say that maybe my favorite summer "activity", if you can even call it that, is doing whatever I am doing, getting overheated and, as I sit down to take a break and cool down, think about how awesome the cooler weather will be when it returns!

I'm really hoping to not deal with too many 90's this summer, the predictions have us staying on the cooler side, but I am sure at one point or another we will have some here and there. We are prepared. I'm cleaning the coils on the outside air unit this weekend, and the trusty window unit is still humming along now after about three years of heavy summer use.

Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 175
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 153
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 92

Happy June Arrives! Today folks we have 175 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 153 days to go until November, and 92 days left until The Bers. It’s Milestone Day folks as we welcome in June! Our next milestone will be in 3 days folks. That’s right on Sunday we’ll reach the 150-Day Marker till November. Wow we’ll be as close to 100 as we are to 200 in that count. We move along in our Summer Sweatfest now with 3 full months of it to go through and enjoy. And we have our weekly Thanksgiving Thought Thursday below!

Summer feels the least like Thanksgiving. Yet, it’s kind of my favorite time to think about it. It’s easy in Autumn and Winter to think about it with a bit of a chill outside. Spring too. But summer? It’s hard to sometimes. But what’s more fun than on a 90 degree day in the summer closing your eyes (and turning on you’re a/c) to think about Thanksgiving and those cooler autumn days?

It’s always fun to think about Thanksgiving but especially in the summer when many will crave autumn, depending on how hot of a summer it is. Only time will tell how everything turns out though. Have a great June Arrives!​
You nailed it! There's nothing much better than daydreaming about Thanksgiving and the cooler Ber months during the summer. I can almost "feel" the November weather now. Enduring the Sweatfest will be worth it.

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Ok...so yesterday's topic....

I like all of the. I mean...I get tired of the heat in August...but I also spend August in a tizzy over the upcoming Bers season. June...just a great month, overall. We make our way back to swimming pools. July is just awesome...and might be my favorite summer month. I love July 4th. It is one of my favorite holidays. CIJ is always a blast...

There just isn't a bad summer month.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Ok...so yesterday's topic....

I like all of the. I mean...I get tired of the heat in August...but I also spend August in a tizzy over the upcoming Bers season. June...just a great month, overall. We make our way back to swimming pools. July is just awesome...and might be my favorite summer month. I love July 4th. It is one of my favorite holidays. CIJ is always a blast...

There just isn't a bad summer month.
CIJ & 4th = Awesome

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image