Trick r Treat...Countdown to Halloween 2020

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It doesn't seem possible that we are so close to the 50 day mark! With the weather turning cooler and the crops starting to turn, I am excited!

Reactions: Rich

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
51 days to go now! Tomorrow begins "The Final 50" for Halloween!!!

Reactions: LadyLynn and Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
1599754064385.png

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
HERE WE GO!! The FINAL 50 until Halloween!!!

Final 50 Halloween.jpg

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
All of our retailers here are on board now with Fall, Halloween, and Christmas. I was happy to see that Halloween decorations were finally out at Target over the weekend. Lowes, Walmart, etc. had all three. It's getting special in there. I've said it a million times, but i love going in the garden center when "The Big Three" have decorations all over the place.

We should be seeing the upcoming October TV schedule any day now. Syfy always does 31 days of Halloween. Fear Fest will come out sometime around the middle of next month, IMO. The lineup the past few years has been lame, but i'm hoping that due to circumstances this year, they will have a better selection of Films. I remember tweeting last year that "Spider Man" and "Independence Day" should NOT have been part of AMC's Fear Fest!!!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I think for Halloween this year I will be doing what I've seen many others discuss and have a Halloween "egg hunt" at home for my kids instead of normal trick or treating. Maybe get some plastic pumpkin eggs and fill them with candy and hide them. I'm hoping this is the only year that we have to skip out on trick or treating, but at the very least it could be a fun new tradition that we adopt next year in addition to the normal trick or treating.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
One Easter I had an Easter "egg" hunt for my two schnauzers. It was a blast. One was much better at sniffing out the treats than the other.

That's a GREAT idea for Halloween. I think your kids will love it.

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
I think for Halloween this year I will be doing what I've seen many others discuss and have a Halloween "egg hunt" at home for my kids instead of normal trick or treating. Maybe get some plastic pumpkin eggs and fill them with candy and hide them. I'm hoping this is the only year that we have to skip out on trick or treating, but at the very least it could be a fun new tradition that we adopt next year in addition to the normal trick or treating.
That's a great idea. We all might need to get creative this year so the kids still get to do something fun on Halloween.

Reactions: The_Escalation

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Hey everyone! We are 42 days away from Halloween 2020! Exciting, right? What are your Halloween plans this year? Do you have any, or has COVID interfered? Let's talk Halloween plans in the thread today!

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
Hey everyone! We are 42 days away from Halloween 2020! Exciting, right? What are your Halloween plans this year? Do you have any, or has COVID interfered? Let's talk Halloween plans in the thread today!
We are waiting to see if Trick-or-Treating will go on in any form. We probably won't get a definite answer on that until mid-October, but I'm hoping the kids can still go. Most of them would have masks on already.

Reactions: Rich

Cedar Grove

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Aug 31, 2020
East Tennessee
Out on our Saturday morning walk and stopped to talk with a neighbor working in his yard. I noticed he had a ceramic Jack o' lantern on his porch, and I commented on this. He said, "Yeah, I thought we'd go ahead and celebrate this year." And I was thinking to myself, "Of course. Why NOT?"

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image