Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Reactions: prancer and cgmcav

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
I think my town will be cancelling trick or treating this year. This is the first time they might cancel it in YEARS. However, the alternative is truck or treat at the local high school. I would like to participate in that, but I am not sure how they are going to do that with COVID.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Mini Halloween was great! Watched "The Ring". Burned the buttery pumpkin candle from Hobby Lobby, and had the electric jack-o-lantern plugged in. Perfect atmosphere too as last night was cool, with rain showers off and on. We are standing on the doorstep now to all things Fall. It feels amazing!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
I think my town will be cancelling trick or treating this year. This is the first time they might cancel it in YEARS. However, the alternative is truck or treat at the local high school. I would like to participate in that, but I am not sure how they are going to do that with COVID.

I think that will be the situation in the UK too shrcpark....My kids look forward to trick r treating but we are planning on having our very own trick r treat party so the gals can invite a few friends over.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I think that will be the situation in the UK too shrcpark....My kids look forward to trick r treating but we are planning on having our very own trick r treat party so the gals can invite a few friends over.
I think seeing how we can be creative to still make Halloween fun will be good practice so we can do the same at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I saw a funny meme today it said this year's holiday greeting is going to be "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Fear."

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
I think seeing how we can be creative to still make Halloween fun will be good practice so we can do the same at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I saw a funny meme today it said this year's holiday greeting is going to be "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Fear."

Totally agree with you LadyLynn...Its going to be so different this year to the run upto christmas...We just have to make it the best we possibly can and make sure our loved ones are safe and well too...lol at the greeting LadyLynn.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018

That is a great ideal. Some of the town residents put a bowl of candy outside and monitor it through out the night. And some kids take advantage of this and steal the bowl and all the candy.

Reactions: DecemberisComing

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
90.jpg

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire

I was just wondering myself how Halloween will look like this year for the trick-or-treaters. My town cancelled our Old Home Day celebration this month that has gone on for probably close to 100 years. Hopefully the kids can still have some sort of Halloween fun...they're only young for a short time.

Reactions: Rich

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I was just wondering myself how Halloween will look like this year for the trick-or-treaters. My town cancelled our Old Home Day celebration this month that has gone on for probably close to 100 years. Hopefully the kids can still have some sort of Halloween fun...they're only young for a short time.
Our town cancelled town days as well. But we can always find something fun for the kids to do, right?

Reactions: Rich

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I went to Michael's over the weekend to check out how they were getting along with Halloween decorations, and i was not disappointed. I found this little guy, and just had to buy it!

Mini Halloween Tree.JPG

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image