What was the last "SCARY" movie you watched?

dvdelf

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2006
I hate movies based on real life events where they make assumptions on the ending.
drives me crazy
well this is what happened
how do you know? all the people who were there are dead.
Perfect Storm. Same thing. She was watching one night, & I said how do they know this is what happened?

B

ballcoach

Went last night and watched "The Crazies". I actually enjoyed it. There is a new "Nightmare on Elm Street" out.

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
I watched Evil Dead (the first one) the other day. That movie is pretty scary in comparison to Army of Darkness, which wasn't scary at all, but rather pretty comical. In fact, I think Army of Darkness is more of a comedy than it would be considered a horror movie. I think the comedy/horror genre originated because of Army of Darkness.

JanaBanana

*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess,
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2007
Evil Dead was really scary... corny in parts, but still scary non the less.

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
I think the part that freaked me out the most in Evil Dead is when Bruce Campbell is cowering on the ground, it is silent, he looks up, and the zombies are just staring at him. That's sort of reminiscent to when you're a little kid and you think something is scary in your bedroom, so you cover up your head hoping it will go away, only to lift your head out of the covers and see that scary thing still lingering around and waiting for you.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Recently saw the new Nightmare on Elm Street - it wasn't bad. Went in not having seen the previews and was surprised that it was much darker than the original.

Courtney

Makin' A Comeback!
MMC Lifer
Jul 21, 2008
Home
Pet Semetary 1 and 2. It was on Friday night/Saturday morning on AMC. First time I had watched both of them. #1 was kind of disturbing, #2 was just weird and seemed a bit unrelated to the first one. Love me some Stephen King though. :zombie:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image