what you watch on thanksgiving?

Spyells

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Sep 25, 2011
California
My family's tradition is watching "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" in the morning. Then we watch the "The Twilight Zone" marathons until the evening. :-D

Reactions: 3 people

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
My family's tradition is watching "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" in the morning. Then we watch the "The Twilight Zone" marathons until the evening. :-D

Whoa ... The Twilight Zone and Thanksgiving sound like an unusual pair! Sounds like a local or cable channel has adopted this as an annual tradition?

deffenm

Tinsel Straightener
MMC Member
Sep 2, 2008
Ohio
Macy's parade, dog show, Christmas Vacation to kick off the holiday season. We usually watch Christmas Vacation as the Kids and I play our annual game of Monopoly. We actually finish a game as we start before dinner and finish up after dinner. For some reason it takes us at least 4 hours to finish a game. :dance:

Reactions: 2 people

DoubleA

Next in line to Mr. Claus
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Apr 16, 2006
Southern CA
A little bit of the parade, then the Lions and of course my Cowboys! Then we finish it off with Christmas Vacation!

KWasser

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Whoa ... The Twilight Zone and Thanksgiving sound like an unusual pair! Sounds like a local or cable channel has adopted this as an annual tradition?

I think it's a local cable channel out there in southern California, it's some sort of local annual tradition.

The Sci-Fi channel is the one that usually airs Twilight Zone marathons, but alas, not usually on Thanksgiving...instead, they air marathon's of the Twilight Zone on July 4th and on New Years Eve/New Years Day. And yes, I tune into those every year. :)

Thanksgiving Day, for me, is filled with the Macy's parade, Football in the afternoon, and Christmas music at some point after that.

mommyby3

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 5, 2008
Start off with the parade, then football and we end the night with a Christmas movie. We change the movie every year, just depends on what we feel like watching!!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Parade, football ... football ... Christmas show/movie - the kids pick this one.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, then we must watch Miracle on 34th street (1947), It's a tradition with me. Afterwards, it's prep and then dinner, hit the lazyboy to watch football and then Turkey sandwichs and dessert and then a Christmas movie....

The next morning, It's time to start decorating.....

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, then we must watch Miracle on 34th street (1947), It's a tradition with me. Afterwards, it's prep and then dinner, hit the lazyboy to watch football and then Turkey sandwichs and dessert and then a Christmas movie....

The next morning, It's time to start decorating.....

Miracle on 34th Street is a MUST on Thanksgiving!!! :smile:

Reactions: 4 people

Spyells

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Sep 25, 2011
California

I think it's a local cable channel out there in southern California, it's some sort of local annual tradition.

The Sci-Fi channel is the one that usually airs Twilight Zone marathons, but alas, not usually on Thanksgiving...instead, they air marathon's of the Twilight Zone on July 4th and on New Years Eve/New Years Day. And yes, I tune into those every year. :)

Thanksgiving Day, for me, is filled with the Macy's parade, Football in the afternoon, and Christmas music at some point after that.

Yes, I think it's either channel 5 or 9 in my area. cheesy

Joyfully yours

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Aug 22, 2013
Montreal, Quebec Canada
Yo Christmas87......

What does everyone watch on thanksgiving and though out the day? i normally watch the thanksgiving day parade in the morning then when i cook i put on the sounds of the season music choice channel and listen to christmas music then around the time we eat into the night we watch a couple of christmas movies.i always have to watch home alone or a christmas story.grew up on watching either one on thanksgiving.

:p
Our Thanksgiving is in October, the same day as your 'Columbus Day'.
But come Thanksgiving Day in November, I will be watching the
Thanksgiving Day Parade from NYC.
I get to watch it from 'Earth Cam' it's quite the treat!
I miss that, grew up with that when I lived in the States, can't forget Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!
Would love to be there someday in the future, watching it live in NYC!
That would be a real treat!
Later.....

:piggyback:

Reactions: 1 person

MerryMistletoeGirl

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Nov 5, 2013
Macys Parade, then on to cooking and dinner prep.
Thanksgiving night we always watch Planes, Trains & Automobiles then Christmas Vacation.
We watch Elf when we decorate the tree!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image