Christmas Countdown - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Gooooooood NYE morning! Do you have big plans for NYE? I do, too!

My plans involve taking a nap this afternoon, drinking coffe, watching football, and going to sleep by 10:00. I'm too old for this late stuff. I like to wake early and read, so I'm usually yawning by 8:00 or so. Tonight will be no different.

The Mule was a good movie. Clint Eastwood has been my favorite actor for as long as I can remember. Seeing him in this movie was kinda sad. He is getting up there in age.

Last night, my niece had a wreck in the town where we live. She was down visiting a friend and was driving on unfamiliar roads. It was raining, dark....you know the spill. She hit a telephone pole. She was probably going 30 mph and it tore her car up pretty good. Since her parents live 30 minutes away, I went and took care of the her and all the other stuff. They didn't write her any tickets or anything. She is so lucky. The night before, two people were killed in a wreck not 300 yards from where she was. I'm grateful she is ok...

Well, time to go cook the chili. I am looking forward to watching the games today and I'm kinda excited about it being NYE. Yall have a good one!
I'm glad your niece is ok!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy New Years Eve, Christmas friends!

I'm at work today, and glad to be here LOL. Seven days is almost too much for me. We're off tomorrow, though, so it'll give me a change to get accustomed to working again.

We're not planning anything for this evening. I plan to be asleep by 10pm. What an old man I've become! ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Last edited:

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon MMC!!! Lucy & I took a trip to Ben Franklin today to see what kind of store closing sales they had left, only to find they are already closed!!! :( They were supposed to be open until after the 1st of the year - they must have sold everything. SOOOOOO sad!!!

Then I got word that my brother in law's brother had a stroke yesterday. Sounds like he is ok, but it affected his vision. Anyone who has time, please say a prayer for Tom. He's too young (and busy) to be dealing with that!!! One of the best mechanics in the county! And a good guy too! ♥ These last few months have just not been great!!

Since Ben Franklin was closed I went to the hardware store next door & picked up some - kind of spring things - potting soil (so I can plant a few starts from my Grandma's spider plant for my new co-workers) finch food & some lights to decorate my brothers tree in our back yard - green & white lights as he passed away on St. Patty's Day - we'll keep them up all winter to light up the cold dark nights!

Watching Hallmark Christmas today & starting to get pretty sad that they will be coming to an end soon!!! I will continue to watch on Youtube, DVD & Netflix though! :)

Everyone, have a great day!!!

Praying for Tom and the entire family!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey

My plans involve taking a nap this afternoon, drinking coffe, watching football, and going to sleep by 10:00. I'm too old for this late stuff. I like to wake early and read, so I'm usually yawning by 8:00 or so. Tonight will be no different.

The Mule was a good movie. Clint Eastwood has been my favorite actor for as long as I can remember. Seeing him in this movie was kinda sad. He is getting up there in age.

Last night, my niece had a wreck in the town where we live. She was down visiting a friend and was driving on unfamiliar roads. It was raining, dark....you know the spill. She hit a telephone pole. She was probably going 30 mph and it tore her car up pretty good. Since her parents live 30 minutes away, I went and took care of the her and all the other stuff. They didn't write her any tickets or anything. She is so lucky. The night before, two people were killed in a wreck not 300 yards from where she was. I'm grateful she is ok...

Well, time to go cook the chili. I am looking forward to watching the games today and I'm kinda excited about it being NYE. Yall have a good one!
I'm glad your niece was okay!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland

Glad to hear your niece is okay. It was good of you to help clean up the details. Enjoy the games today. I always like to watch the Sun Bowl mainly for the scenery. This years matchup (Stanford/Pitt) looks to be pretty competitive.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good afternoon MMC!!! Lucy & I took a trip to Ben Franklin today to see what kind of store closing sales they had left, only to find they are already closed!!! :( They were supposed to be open until after the 1st of the year - they must have sold everything. SOOOOOO sad!!!

Then I got word that my brother in law's brother had a stroke yesterday. Sounds like he is ok, but it affected his vision. Anyone who has time, please say a prayer for Tom. He's too young (and busy) to be dealing with that!!! One of the best mechanics in the county! And a good guy too! ♥ These last few months have just not been great!!

Since Ben Franklin was closed I went to the hardware store next door & picked up some - kind of spring things - potting soil (so I can plant a few starts from my Grandma's spider plant for my new co-workers) finch food & some lights to decorate my brothers tree in our back yard - green & white lights as he passed away on St. Patty's Day - we'll keep them up all winter to light up the cold dark nights!

Watching Hallmark Christmas today & starting to get pretty sad that they will be coming to an end soon!!! I will continue to watch on Youtube, DVD & Netflix though! :)

Everyone, have a great day!!!
Until Sugar replied above, I had missed this. Praying for your brother's swift and complete healing!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
wow, the last day of 2018 already ! Seems to me the older I get the faster the years go by.

I don't know where 2018 has gone. I hope 2019 goes a little slower. Have a great last day of 2018!

I’m in total agreement with the both of you. 2018, to me, almost seems like a blur.... I step back and give pause just to reflect upon “where did the year go?”

You are so right star, the older I have become, the faster it seems and appears to me as well, that time, is moving so much more quicker now, I’m my life, then it ever did before. And it scares me!

I’m starting to have this fear, that in a ratio perspective, the longest part of my life now, is behind me. And this time left is moving way too quickly almost like life is saying, hurry up and get done. I know, sounds kinda goofy, but it’s really troubling me to see these years move so much quickly, then they ever did before.

Last edited:

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Last night, my niece had a wreck in the town where we live. She was down visiting a friend and was driving on unfamiliar roads. It was raining, dark....you know the spill. She hit a telephone pole. She was probably going 30 mph and it tore her car up pretty good. Since her parents live 30 minutes away, I went and took care of the her and all the other stuff. They didn't write her any tickets or anything. She is so lucky. The night before, two people were killed in a wreck not 300 yards from where she was.

I’m sorry to hear that your niece had an accident last night Coach. I’m glad she’s ok. That’s so sad to hear about that other traffic accident that took the lives of two people, their poor family. Just so tragic.

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
I’m in total agreement with the both of you. 2018, to me, almost seems like a blur.... I step back and give pause just to reflect upon “where did the year go?”

You are so right star, the older I have become, the faster it seems and appears to me as well, that time, is moving so much more quicker now, I’m my life, then it ever did before. And it scares me!

I’m starting to have this fear, that in a ratio perspective, the longest part of my life now, is behind me. And this time left is moving way too quickly almost like life is saying, hurry up and get done. I know, sounds kinda goofy, but it’s teally troubling me to see these years move so much quicker, then they ever did before.

That’s an interesting perspective. The years have flown by for me too. I’m eleven months away from turning 70. And I feel blessed to have made it this far. My two closest friends (besides my wife) didn’t make it to 50. I still grieve for them all these years later. But hear I am living a good life knowing that one day it will end. Until it does, each day is a gift not to be taken lightly. Seize it. Live in it. Have a great 2019. Life is beautiful.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
That’s an interesting perspective. The years have flown by for me too. I’m eleven months away from turning 70. And I feel blessed to have made it this far. My two closest friends (besides my wife) didn’t make it to 50. I still grieve for them all these years later. But hear I am living a good life knowing that one day it will end. Until it does, each day is a gift not to be taken lightly. Seize it. Live in it. Have a great 2019. Life is beautiful.
An awesome way to put it, HIB! Like xmastidings, I know that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind, but after a heart attack at 48, I'm tickled pink to be 54.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta

I’m starting to have this fear, that in a ratio perspective, the longest part of my life now, is behind me. And this time left is moving way too quickly almost like life is saying, hurry up and get done. I know, sounds kinda goofy, but it’s really troubling me to see these years move so much quickly, then they ever did before.
I have had the same feeling more than a few times in the past few years. I lately come to the realization that I have used up half my life and now its my turn. I tend to do alot more things that make me happy and not what makes society happy. 2018 flew by in a blur, it seems like I was just reading last New Years Eve posts as they come in at the last minute here.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Just popping in to wish you all a safe/fun filled/relaxing (whatever you choose to do) NYE!!!! Hope you are all enjoying the Holiday season!!!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

How scary for your niece ~ so glad she is alright!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image