Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
What a week it has been. I have been up everyday before 530 to get myself ready so I can an get Carolina ready and my mom situated before I leave for work. Tomorrow I am off so I am hoping to sleep in and that my brother will step in and help out which is doubtful. We went to the library tonight so I am going to try to read A Nantucket Wedding by Nancy Thayer. Have a great night!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! And TGIF for sure! Another busy crazy week and I'm sure everyone is ready for the weekend. We have some rain falling this morning. Again the theme here is rain not snow this winter. It's ok with me at this point although I wouldn't mind 1 snowstorm before winter ends next month. I saw the spring forecast showed it's going to be milder earlier in the spring and not as much rain. Maybe we'll get a real spring for once. Have a great TGIF!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Friday MMC ~
Not too much going on here, I just need to tie up some loose ends before my daughters graduation party tomorrow. Other than that it will be a typical day of errands and chores. I’m going to make pasta with bolognese sauce for dinner. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a nice day and a wonderful weekend ahead!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Four-Days-Before Morning, Guys.

<< Four days before what, Crown? >>
We will get to that after this:
Days to the Season: 278
Days to Christmas Day: 320

Yep. The magic number is 4.
That's the number of days separating us from the beginning of the SECOND QUARTER of our Season count!
(That's barely over HALF a week, Folks.)

We had one last glorious day yesterday, with our high temperature reaching an astounding 79 degrees, nearly unheard of for these parts in February.
Today will see a 10 degree cool-off to 69, then the bottom falls out, and we will rapidly be dropping below freezing. (Quite a roller coaster weather ride!)
Our beginning temp here this morning in the state capital is 64 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
And I hope your weekend starts off in style this afternoon.

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Four-Days-Before Morning, Guys.

<< Four days before what, Crown? >>
We will get to that after this:
Days to the Season: 278
Days to Christmas Day: 320

Yep. The magic number is 4.
That's the number of days separating us from the beginning of the SECOND QUARTER of our Season count!
(That's barely over HALF a week, Folks.)

We had one last glorious day yesterday, with our high temperature reaching an astounding 79 degrees, nearly unheard of for these parts in February.
Today will see a 10 degree cool-off to 69, then the bottom falls out, and we will rapidly be dropping below freezing. (Quite a roller coaster weather ride!)
Our beginning temp here this morning in the state capital is 64 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
And I hope your weekend starts off in style this afternoon.
Thanks Crown, have a great weekend.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday evening! It’s been a frustrating 2 days. I worked 12 hours yesterday, not happy about that. Then freezing rain overnight meant de-icing the car which took forever this morning. We went early to my in-laws to feed their birds and what should have been a 35-minute ride to their house took 2h15 minutes, a nightmare! I was getting so angry in the car, I really don’t know how people do this every day to get to/from work. Now at work, three employees did not come in, with one more feeling ill who may leave before the evening is over. I am tired and just want this whole week to be done already. Hope everyone’s day has been better than mine and that you will all enjoy a great evening!
Wow, I hope today is better for you, Martine!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I can't believe it; the body shop guy said Jacob's car will be ready to pickup today. WHAT?!? I though the car had fallen into another dimension or something. :confused:

My brother and I had dinner with mom last night. That was my second family dinner of the week. What an awesome week!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I can't believe it; the body shop guy said Jacob's car will be ready to pickup today. WHAT?!? I though the car had fallen into another dimension or something. :confused:
Check the mileage on the odometer ...

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Friday and TGIF! We have a rainy day today but temps are going to be in the 50's but cold weather is returning tomorrow. We don't have too much planned for the weekend...looking forward to doing some relaxing. Hope you all have a great Friday and weekend!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Mercy me, oh my do I have A LOT of catching up to do!! Unfortunately it's not going to happen now. I'm at my "old" job for just a bit this afternoon, but heading back to the "new" job. Things have just been crazy & I haven't even turned on my computer at home for weeks!!! Gah!!! :eek:

I am so super excited to see Hallmark showing a Christmas movie every Friday night all year long. HOW FUN!!!!!!!
:jump -sing-

I don't think there is anything overly major to report - oh wait - yes in the last 1 1/2 weeks we have welcomed 2 new babies to the family - Grayson Michael (my nieces baby) & Kelsey Marie (my nephews baby.) All are good - after Grayson's bout under a belli light. He's back home & (knock on wood) all is good! He was a BIG BOY - 10 lbs. 9 1/2 oz. Kelsey was 6 lbs. 10.9 oz.

We booked a trip to Florida in just a couple weeks. Most of my family is going. Looking forward to that!!

Ok, time to fly....

Everyone, have a GREAT day. I hope to catch up soon & I hope all is well with all of you!!! ♥ (I miss being here every day!!)

Congrats on the newest additions to your family! Glad to hear all our doing well. I bet you are excited on your up coming trip!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning ~
Merry Thursday!
It’s going to be cloudy today with chance of a shower and a high of 46 degrees. I’m just working on some chores around the house right now. I’m going to visit my father later. I also plan on taking a ride to the mall at some point, my daughters graduation party is this weekend and I want to get a new outfit. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Continued prayers for your dad! How is he doing? Have a great time this weekend at your daughters party - you deserve it!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Friday Eve! I went to bed with a headache and woke up with one...ugh. I am having some coffee now and hope that helps otherwise I will take a sinus pill. Hope you all have a great day!

Hope you are feeling better, SFM!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Thursday evening! It’s been a frustrating 2 days. I worked 12 hours yesterday, not happy about that. Then freezing rain overnight meant de-icing the car which took forever this morning. We went early to my in-laws to feed their birds and what should have been a 35-minute ride to their house took 2h15 minutes, a nightmare! I was getting so angry in the car, I really don’t know how people do this every day to get to/from work. Now at work, three employees did not come in, with one more feeling ill who may leave before the evening is over. I am tired and just want this whole week to be done already. Hope everyone’s day has been better than mine and that you will all enjoy a great evening!

Sorry to hear it was such a frustrating day. Hope today has been better!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
TGIF, Christmas friends!

My brother and I had dinner with mom last night. That was my second family dinner of the week. What an awesome week!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

WOW! It's a miracle! I hope you were able to get the car. We are unfortunately dealing with the same type of issue right now. We are finishing are basement right now. We built are house 10 years ago and are currently, like I said, finishing the basement and it's the last process of the house. DH is working on the fireplace and bar now, but can't move any further because he is waiting for the mantel for the fireplace and bar top for bar. Once that is down, he is putting the carpet in, wear carpet is needed, then we are putting in a smaller kitchen down there, ordering our furniture and it will complete. As simple as it does sounds, it takes time, as we all know and we're now at the stage where it costs a lot of money. We ordered the mantel and bar top off a saw mill back 8 months ago. This guy does beautiful work. He told us it was going to be done in September. Then he told us Christmas. He then told DH last week. DH is able to see that he reads his text messages, but he won't respond to him and he never returns his phone calls, so DH made me call today and as I've told you before, I'm not so nice when I call. I was hoping if a different number called, it would make a difference, but it didn't. I told him if we don't have proof within the next week, with pictures, that there is progress, we want our deposit back. This is ridiculous. We could have had our basment done by now. I told him we'll never recommend him or use him ever again and that I understand this may or may not push him to get the work done, but I felt it needed to be said and that we feel finically he needs to be told we're willing to do what it takes him to whatever standard to get our money and everything we deserve. (Now, we know, taking him to court isn't worth it, but we've talked to other people that has used him, they've had the same problem. We just wish we would have known. ) This guy needs to know he is horrible at business practice and can't be treating people that way. Sorry for the rant, but I get where you're coming from. I've had one of those lately too.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good afternoon! Started 5 days off today and boy, I really needed it. I was supposed to be at 7, but I got mandated to stay until 10. For the first week back and working almost 14 hours everyday, being on my feet almost constantly and my brain almost always working, I was exhausted and glad to be off.

Not a whole planned for this evening. DD is going to a birthday sleepover at a friend's house. We plan on going to Target and Tj Maxx. Otherwise, I think we just plan on relaxing here at home. DH and I have last minute been talking on taking a 3-4 night quick trip to either somewhere in Florida or the Caribbean - not too long from the kids, but long enough for us to get away, to spend some time together, especially with all the stuff that happened the last couple of months with my health, we haven't really got to spend any time alone and to really work on us. I think it will be good to get a way, be together, and get some sun and fresh air. We haven't picked the final destination yet, but I think that for sure is on our list of things to do tonight.

Hope you're all having a great day!

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
WOW! It's a miracle! I hope you were able to get the car. We are unfortunately dealing with the same type of issue right now. We are finishing are basement right now. We built are house 10 years ago and are currently, like I said, finishing the basement and it's the last process of the house. DH is working on the fireplace and bar now, but can't move any further because he is waiting for the mantel for the fireplace and bar top for bar. Once that is down, he is putting the carpet in, wear carpet is needed, then we are putting in a smaller kitchen down there, ordering our furniture and it will complete. As simple as it does sounds, it takes time, as we all know and we're now at the stage where it costs a lot of money. We ordered the mantel and bar top off a saw mill back 8 months ago. This guy does beautiful work. He told us it was going to be done in September. Then he told us Christmas. He then told DH last week. DH is able to see that he reads his text messages, but he won't respond to him and he never returns his phone calls, so DH made me call today and as I've told you before, I'm not so nice when I call. I was hoping if a different number called, it would make a difference, but it didn't. I told him if we don't have proof within the next week, with pictures, that there is progress, we want our deposit back. This is ridiculous. We could have had our basment done by now. I told him we'll never recommend him or use him ever again and that I understand this may or may not push him to get the work done, but I felt it needed to be said and that we feel finically he needs to be told we're willing to do what it takes him to whatever standard to get our money and everything we deserve. (Now, we know, taking him to court isn't worth it, but we've talked to other people that has used him, they've had the same problem. We just wish we would have known. ) This guy needs to know he is horrible at business practice and can't be treating people that way. Sorry for the rant, but I get where you're coming from. I've had one of those lately too.
Wow what a nightmare. Here’s hoping this will have a satisfactory resolution. Don’t let this ruin your well deserved rest.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Good afternoon! Started 5 days off today and boy, I really needed it. I was supposed to be at 7, but I got mandated to stay until 10. For the first week back and working almost 14 hours everyday, being on my feet almost constantly and my brain almost always working, I was exhausted and glad to be off.

Not a whole planned for this evening. DD is going to a birthday sleepover at a friend's house. We plan on going to Target and Tj Maxx. Otherwise, I think we just plan on relaxing here at home. DH and I have last minute been talking on taking a 3-4 night quick trip to either somewhere in Florida or the Caribbean - not too long from the kids, but long enough for us to get away, to spend some time together, especially with all the stuff that happened the last couple of months with my health, we haven't really got to spend any time alone and to really work on us. I think it will be good to get a way, be together, and get some sun and fresh air. We haven't picked the final destination yet, but I think that for sure is on our list of things to do tonight.

Hope you're all having a great day!
Have a great few days off this weekend! I hope you picked the perfect spot for relaxation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image