MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Friday Eve!

Talked to my brother earlier today and he is much improved in spirit. He was so happy to get out of the cancer unit at the hospital and back to the VA hospital. He has a private room so he can sleep and he was raving about the food and had the TV on so that tells me he is doing great! The doctors and PT team all say he is showing improvement. :)

There is still a long road for him and we still don't know all the details regarding his disease or what kind of treatment plan he will have to follow, but I think he has overcome a great hurdle in that he isn't as depressed and he is making plans for home improvement. He is being positive and that will go a long way to helping him heal.

Again, thank you so much for the positive thoughts and prayers for him. He wanted me to thank you on his behalf, too. He thinks the world of all of you. :)

It has cooled down quite a bit ~ should be able to sleep a lot better tonight!

Merry dreams!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thank you, Auntie!
I hope you are feeling better today and that you were able to have dinner with your friend!
xx

If that was the same storm that was here, it was a bit on the wicked side! Poor O'Malley! Palmer went into hiding and Lucy Lu (Bugs, for short), the kitten I've sort of adopted (depends on Palmer!), was scared too, so I had to get out of bed and hold her for a bit. I have no idea where Palmer hid. She is really going to be upset when the crew starts replacing the roof on Monday. Anyhow, the storm bent the stalks of my few zucchini plants and knocked over a lot of the tomato plants. I plan on getting up early tomorrow to do a bit of work in the garden. I hope it will be cool enough to keep the mosquitoes at bay for an hour or so, at least until the sun reaches the top of the trees. Going to be a long day!

Have a fun and safe trip!

My friend and I are doing brunch on Saturday instead.

It could very well have been the same storm. It stopped raining an hour before I had to go to work and then rained again during the day and then stopped. I went out after work to run a quick errand and a few drips hit my windshield and then SWOOSH! Big rain came down and then when I parked in my driveway it stopped so I could get back inside without getting wet. It was sunny all around my city, but not directly above me. It's better than a snow storm.

It was the lightening and rolling thunder and a "clap" close to here that spooked O'Malley. There are roofers around the neighbourhood, but not too close so he should be okay. I haven't heard the blasting from the HWY construction so hopefully, the cat can't hear it either.

We aren't supposed to get anymore rain until Saturday.

I am looking forward to my vacation.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello Holidayyy...I am fine thank you,Looking forward to the BER months buddy...Hows you and your family...Soo good to see you back home here with your christmas family-surprise-
Thanks pal! I would love to be able to visit with all you more often! I’m sure going to try!!
All is good here! Lots of family time this week since that guy that flys a plane upside down (aka - my brother) is in town! It’s been a fun week!
Hope you & fam are good too?

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Holiday! So happy to see you checking in. Hope you are well :)
Thank you! It’s been quite the year but all is good!
How are you?

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Yay ~ Holiday is back!! We've missed you, my friend! I hope all is well out your way!!
xx

All’s good here! Loving the Hallmark Christmas movies! I hope all is good your way too?!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Friday Eve!

Talked to my brother earlier today and he is much improved in spirit. He was so happy to get out of the cancer unit at the hospital and back to the VA hospital. He has a private room so he can sleep and he was raving about the food and had the TV on so that tells me he is doing great! The doctors and PT team all say he is showing improvement. :)

There is still a long road for him and we still don't know all the details regarding his disease or what kind of treatment plan he will have to follow, but I think he has overcome a great hurdle in that he isn't as depressed and he is making plans for home improvement. He is being positive and that will go a long way to helping him heal.

Again, thank you so much for the positive thoughts and prayers for him. He wanted me to thank you on his behalf, too. He thinks the world of all of you. :)

It has cooled down quite a bit ~ should be able to sleep a lot better tonight!

Merry dreams!

I haven’t been around enough to know exactly what is going on with your brother but attitude is huge! I’m glad to read he’s doing better!! I will keep him & your family in my prayers!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
All’s good here! Loving the Hallmark Christmas movies! I hope all is good your way too?!

Speaking of Hallmark movies; they're filming another one in my neck of the woods along with 4 other films and Carter the TV series; most of the people are happy with it.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hello, Friday - it's good to see you knowing that I'll be on vacation by 5:00 p.m.

Most definitely a YABBA feeling for me.

Cat decided 3:45 is a good time to get in touch with the birds; I think I should have trained him better to learn how to tell time.

I gave him a few treats and went back to bed, but then I couldn't get to sleep so after half an hour of nothing, I got up.

Having Timothy's Breakfast Blend this morning.

Keep a merry thought in your head! -surprise-

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Prayers for a full and complete recovery for your dad, HmG!
Happy Birthday to your daughter!
xx

Have a fun and safe trip, Sugar!
Best of luck to DD!!
xx

Good evening, Christmaswarlock ~ enjoy CIJ!

I hope your nights aren't cut short any more, Martine! How is David doing with the physio? I hope he is healing well!

Yay ~ Holiday is back!! We've missed you, my friend! I hope all is well out your way!!
xx

Thank you so much!
Thank you for inquiring about David. He is steadily improving physically but is struggling mentally with not being able to work. As far as me getting in more sleep, no luck last night as I slept less than 5 hours.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
What with the heat and humidity and the stress of the past few days I found myself rather exhausted today so I'm working on stuff I let pile up a bit too long ~ the dreaded paperwork. :eek:

There was some good news: my brother is back in the VA hospital and tomorrow he starts a rehab program. The oncologist is having a PET scan done and the chemo department is trying to get things moving forward, too. My brother is much happier in his new room and he is sounding a lot better, too. :)

Stay cool and hydrated!
I’m glad that you brother is happier where he is currently and hope that it helps in his healing process.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Friday morning! After 3 consecutive nights of lousy sleep, I’m ready for this work day to be over so I can enjoy a weekend off. On a positive note, my father liked the car brought in by the dealership but has requested they do some work to it before he takes possession on Tuesday. Have a great day ahead everyone!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy July TGIF MMC! We had quite a bit of rain last night. Took my mom out for dinner. Everything is wet out there. Going to the mall today and then try to get to the amusement park for their Friday night Fireworks for my first visit this summer. Have a great July TGIF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image