MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a quick note for all. Vacation was fun last month. We had a chance to see friends and family for the week we were out west. It was great to catch up with everyone.

The FIL is going for his hip surgery on Thursday. He's a little nervous, because of his age and the possibility, although slim, that he may not recover. He will be numbed from the waist down so he can still breathe while the do the surgery. It should only take a few hours. Then he gets to go to rehab to recuperate at another facility for a few weeks. It will be a nice change and break for us.

Well, the Halloween candy is already in the stores, so that means the Christmas stuff can't be too far off. Excitement already. Some stores have their cards out already too. Some say it's a bit early, but it's never too early for me. Am I right?

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still kicking around and enjoy reading all the notes people leave. Until we chat again...

Nice to see you, GWarren!
Praying for a successful surgery for your FIL and a full recovery.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning Merry Makers!
It's another warm one today. High of 97 and high humidity.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day! :)

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day, too!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a quick note for all. Vacation was fun last month. We had a chance to see friends and family for the week we were out west. It was great to catch up with everyone.

The FIL is going for his hip surgery on Thursday. He's a little nervous, because of his age and the possibility, although slim, that he may not recover. He will be numbed from the waist down so he can still breathe while the do the surgery. It should only take a few hours. Then he gets to go to rehab to recuperate at another facility for a few weeks. It will be a nice change and break for us.

Well, the Halloween candy is already in the stores, so that means the Christmas stuff can't be too far off. Excitement already. Some stores have their cards out already too. Some say it's a bit early, but it's never too early for me. Am I right?

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still kicking around and enjoy reading all the notes people leave. Until we chat again...
Great to hear from you...I have seen Reese's pumpkins, at the C - store, but no other Halloween candy, to date.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

Hope the hip surgery goes well.

Glad you're finding time to keep up with some posts and notes.

Stay jolly :ornarment

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
I’m seeing more and more signs of the season. Garden Ridge. Wal Mart is clearing out its garden section and the tree display goes there. Jayish is wearing his ivy and holly tights - Yabba!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
speaking of mr Isherwood. Ohhhhhh mr Isherwood. Get off Facebook and check in. Not yabba leaving us in the dark - even though Crown likes it dark - better to sleep in! Yabba!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
speaking of mr Isherwood. Ohhhhhh mr Isherwood. Get off Facebook and check in. Not yabba leaving us in the dark - even though Crown likes it dark - better to sleep in! Yabba!

What say you? - I have an idea - bring on another Opera and the JayIsh will have to appear as he's always one of the performers.
That would be YABBA!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Mid Week Mid August MMC! Hope you're all having a good week so far. We made it almost halfway there! It feels like we're just racing to the Bers now. And I'm ok with that but I just hope it slows down when we get there. Going to buy my favorite lunch at the place I go to today. Been trying to bring it a few days and then enjoy buying it a day. Have a great Mid Week Mid August!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all. Happy Pines Day!

Wow it is foggy outside this morning. If this was a school day we would be delayed for sure.
Not too much happening today. Little League football scrimmage this evening is about it. Other than that, just continuing to get ready for the start of school.

I saw that Coke is introducing a new flavor this fall in the US, supposedly it is already out in the UK. The new flavor is Cinnamon Coke! I am hoping this is good. A few years ago Pepsi had a cinnamon Pepsi and I liked it a lot. It is suppose to launch on September 30 and last until January. Also, there will be a Spiced Cranberry Sprite at the same time. That also sounds intriguing.

Everyone have a great day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Pines Day MMC!
Wow I can’t believe we’re almost halfway through August already! I don’t have too much going on here today. I’m just going to make a Target run and then I’ll be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be pasta with meat sauce, garlic bread and a Caesar salad. That’s about it for me. I’m going walk Rocky as soon as I finish my cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a nice day. See you tonight!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

Good Morning, My Many Magnificently Merry Milestoners!

Yes, despite the fact we celebrated another Milestone just recently, we have already arrived at another one!

Days to the Season: 91
Days to Christmas Day: 133

Folks. Believe it or not, we have just begun the LAST quarter of our Season count, having reached the 3/4 Season Milestone as of today.
(Wow. Seventy-Five percent of the journey already behind us. Amazing!)

Stormy with lightning and thunder here late yesterday afternoon, but no high winds near our place.
Today should be calmer but hot again, as we are predicted to again return to the low to mid 90's, still with a forty percent chance of more rain.
This mid-week day begins here very post-rain damp, at 73 degrees.

'Pines Day alert! It's here again!
Just two more left now before we enter the 'bers and Carl starts gearing up for the fall. (Wow. Seems like the summer went so fast!)
But for now, continue to sit back and relax at the 'Pines' pool while sipping a tall tea and enjoying a fired twinkie.
Carl and O'Malley say they have some "riparian entertainment" planned for this evening (they must be fans of "Keeping Up Appearances") so I guess the pool area is the place to be even though technically they aren't using the term entirely accurately.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone.
See you at the S.P. this evening!

Last edited:

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Milestone and Pines Day!
Strong storms today. I can't wait. I love a good storm as long as no one gets hurt. Working hard today, then church, then heading to the Pines for some fun and relaxation. Have a great day!!!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning all. Happy Pines Day!

Wow it is foggy outside this morning. If this was a school day we would be delayed for sure.
Not too much happening today. Little League football scrimmage this evening is about it. Other than that, just continuing to get ready for the start of school.

I saw that Coke is introducing a new flavor this fall in the US, supposedly it is already out in the UK. The new flavor is Cinnamon Coke! I am hoping this is good. A few years ago Pepsi had a cinnamon Pepsi and I liked it a lot. It is suppose to launch on September 30 and last until January. Also, there will be a Spiced Cranberry Sprite at the same time. That also sounds intriguing.

Everyone have a great day!

I tried the diet Cranberry Ginger Ale last year; it was okay - believe it or not one of my least favourite drinks was Cherry Coke. It didn't taste like Black Cherry pop shop pop. I'm not really a pop drinker, just when I travel or over the holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image