Halloween 2022 Countdown!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I just thought of something yesterday, and I wanted to put it here in case I forget:

After Halloween is over, even though most of us are in Christmas mode, try to stock up on Halloween clearance items for Spooky Spring next year! I don't know how long Halloween candy will be good for, but there's stuff like candles, decor, air fresheners, etc. that can be used for Spooky Spring.
I know this might sound crazy, but I have really been thinking about Spooky Spring a lot off and on for probably the last two weeks. I am absolutely preparing "supplies" for it. Our last bath and body works run, I bought some extra Halloween scents just for that occasion!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 9
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 39

Good Morning Halloween friends, and Happy Fall, Y'all. It's been Fall in my head since August 1st but today is the "official" beginning of Autumn. And Happy Tom Turkey day as well!

We've got a Rudolph Day coming up this weekend, and my Halloween lights are going up outside! The first "official" weekend of Fall is sure to be a good one!

Single digits now on the October count, and we've broken into the 30's count on our way to Halloween. That is a little scary.

Have a great day, friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The first showing of Hocus Pocus will be on Freeform this Sunday night at 7:45 PM.

1663849246914.png

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Hello autumn!

The weather here is perfect to officially start fall which techically is at 9:02 pm tonight I think. I was up at 3 and the temperature was 70 and slightly humid. That is the high temperature for today and we will be in the high 40s tonight with the temp dropping all day. That actually sounds like Halloween weather.

With the arrival of fall many people will be begin their Halloween season this weekend or next weekend. There has been more Halloween decorations popping in the neighborhood now. Exciting times are here

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Today I find myself wondering if Apple is going to be generous enough to share the rights to "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" with PBS again this year. I don't want to have to sign up for Apple TV+ just to watch my favorite holiday specials.

I ditched my DVDs and DVD/Blu-ray player long ago, but now I'm thinking the best route is to reinvest in one and just buy the specials on disc. They have deals on them all the time, so I'd honestly probably get my money's worth. I already have a 4K Blu-ray of It's A Wonderful Life "for emergencies."

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I just thought of something yesterday, and I wanted to put it here in case I forget:

After Halloween is over, even though most of us are in Christmas mode, try to stock up on Halloween clearance items for Spooky Spring next year! I don't know how long Halloween candy will be good for, but there's stuff like candles, decor, air fresheners, etc. that can be used for Spooky Spring.

Today I find myself wondering if Apple is going to be generous enough to share the rights to "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" with PBS again this year. I don't want to have to sign up for Apple TV+ just to watch my favorite holiday specials.

I ditched my DVDs and DVD/Blu-ray player long ago, but now I'm thinking the best route is to reinvest in one and just buy the specials on disc. They have deals on them all the time, so I'd honestly probably get my money's worth. I already have a 4K Blu-ray of It's A Wonderful Life "for emergencies."
I hope they are gracious enough to allow broadcast television the joy of the Peanuts Specials. I still have my DVDs and a functional DVD player but I really like looking forward to it being broadcast and tuning in!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I hope they are gracious enough to allow broadcast television the joy of the Peanuts Specials. I still have my DVDs and a functional DVD player but I really like looking forward to it being broadcast and tuning in!
I wish it was still on CBS.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I think watching on broadcast TV brings back all the nostalgia of years gone by.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 8
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 38

Good Morning Halloween Friends! The first day of Fall didn't disappoint. 75 degrees as the high, and we got down to 50 degrees overnight last night. I was hanging out with my Dad at about 6:45 PM and the temp had already dropped about 15 degrees by then. We both agreed that it felt like "Halloween". I actually think this might be one of the cooler 1st days of Fall we ever had.

With some of these lows that are on the way, I am wondering if it might be time to take the window AC out of our window here at the back of our living room. It usually comes down in October, so at least in the next week or so it's out of here. There's two days next week that the warmest it gets is 63 degrees!

Halloween lights are coming out tonight and going up on our bushes tomorrow. Today is the last day we will be without seasonal lights for almost 4 months!

Have a great day, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I wish it was still on CBS.
I think watching on broadcast TV brings back all the nostalgia of years gone by.
I agree with all of this. The great thing about watching them on broadcast TV was that you knew that people all over the country were watching too. Not only that, but with the Peanuts specials you'd always get a "bonus" special too. For Halloween they would air "You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown" back to back with "It's the Great Pumpkin." Just before Thanksgiving we'd get "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" followed by "The Mayflower Voyagers." And at Christmas time we'd get THREE specials. Apple hasn't even made all of the specials available yet. :(

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The great thing about watching them on broadcast TV was that you knew that people all over the country were watching too.
I feel the same exact way. Yesterday, Michelle couldn't understand why I was excited that Hocus Pocus is airing this Sunday evening on Freeform when we have it on DVD. There's just something special about watching it at the exact same time as everyone else.

My excitement level while watching a recorded football or basketball game is nowhere near the level when I watch it live.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
We couldn't wait. We just got done watching Hocus Pocus on DVD.
Happy Fall Y'all!
I streamed that on Disney+ last a few days ago!!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I even miss the Dolly Madison commercials!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 7
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 37

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy 1st weekend of "official" Fall! It's been great so far.

Folks, we saw about a 35 degree temperature swing in one day. I think it was the "coldest" start to Fall that I can remember in a long time. It's 48 degrees outside right now. Last night we had a good fire in our fire ring, it felt great, the fire warming us with the cool weather in the background. The first time I ever burned in it was right after Christmas last year. So I will always get a dose of The Bers / Christmas when I use it. And over time it became a "go to" area to get a quick dose of Feels, usually on a Jack O Lantern Day or Dark Arts Sunday.

October is just one week away now. I just can't believe it. Tonight my Halloween lights go up on the bushes out front. I've mentioned it before, but this will be the last time our house is without lights outside for the next 3 1/2 months!

Have a great day, friends! Happy 1st weekend of Fall, and Happy Rudolph Day Eve!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image