Halloween 2023 Countdown!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
@The_Escalation, disappointed that there is no new Halloween candy today, but it got me wondering, is there a Halloween candy that no one can stand? I don't think they ever give them out anymore, but when I was a kid, I didn't like the puffed rice balls.
Yes, and the answer is Tootsie Rolls. They are just the worst.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 7
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 8
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 37
DAYS TO THE BERS: 161
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 178
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 191
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 221

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Friday! Boy yesterday got warm. 77 degrees here. The amazing part of it was driving home from in-laws last night, the weather had started cooling down again and I was reminded SO MUCH of late September or early October. It felt amazing and it made me smile. I'm hoping for a lot of these same feelings over the course of Spooky Spring, which starts NEXT WEEKEND!

Folks - we're only one week away now from JOL Day #3. As previously mentioned, this JOL Day will lead us right into Spooky Spring. I draw a lot of parallels between this one in March, and the "final" JOL Day in September that takes us right into October. Very cool!

Have a great day friends! Think some Halloween thoughts!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Morning Halloween Fans! It's Friday. Woot. I am craving the new Easter candy I bought. It always feels great to eat it the opposite of October/Halloween time. I'm about to open some tonight. Have a great day!
I have my Peeps bought and waiting for me in the pantry. Maybe this weekend I'll open them up and have one (yeah right. Just one?). If I end up eating them all, I can always go buy more, Right? LOL

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! It's a spooky AM out here in early spring. A cool/damp feel out there and rain showers around the area in and out. Maybe a good day for a Halloween show (or 2...or 3). Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 6
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 7
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 36
DAYS TO THE BERS: 160
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 177
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 190
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 220

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Rudolph Day #3! Today is going a gloomy cloudy Saturday but it's going to get up to 70 degrees. I'm hoping for a break in the showers so that I can put some lawn fertilizer down out back. The time is here for that stuff because I think I'm going to be mowing the grass within two weeks.

I love the connection that I feel between outside work in the Spring, and some of that Fall work that we talk about, raking leaves, bagging up grass clippings, etc... And we're exactly ONE WEEK away from Spooky Spring as we speak!

But the big news is going to be tomorrow here when we break into the 150's on that Bers count. That is really going to be something.

Have a great day, friends! Remember, next weekend will almost feel like a 3 day weekend because JOL Day #3 takes us right into the start of Spooky Spring!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 5
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 6
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 35
DAYS TO THE BERS: 159
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 176
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 189
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 219

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Sunday!

Dark Arts Sundays.png

It's Dark Arts Sunday here - I'll be watching through Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban!

Folks, the big update this morning on the countdowns show that we have now broken into the 150's on our way towards The Bers! Just nine days away from hitting the big 150!

We're just five days away now from JOL Day #3 which will take us right into the beginning of Spooky Spring.

And lastly, just a reminder that tomorrow I am going to have my "Spooky Spring Planning Session" officially. All are welcome to join me! I did some very brief, basic planning back at the end of December when we were trying to get through "The Slog" at the end of the month, but I'm hoping tomorrow to hammer some things home and work out the last few little details.

Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I'm looking forward to spooky spring. I hope to have some good plans for it and reading about yours as well. I hope you all enjoy your day today on Sunday. And we keep being spooky. Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Hope everyone had a great weekend. The final week of March is here and then we're Halfway to October. Hard to believe that. But let's enjoy this week ok? And think spooky thoughts. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 4
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 5
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 34
DAYS TO THE BERS: 158
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 175
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 188
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 218

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 27
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 31

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Monday to you all. We've got good weather on the books all week long, and when Spooky Spring begins this weekend it will be 70 degrees. I'm starting off Spooky Spring this year with a 4 mile trail run through the woods of the park, I had great fun last year playing my Halloween playlist while I was on the trails. Hearing the music from Friday the 13th while you are in the woods, is really some kind of experience!

Folks, today is my Spooky Spring planning day. I might pop back on this afternoon to share some updates, otherwise I do plan on getting back online tonight and posting "the run down". I'm hoping to map / draw out everything because to wait any longer to "finalize" it all, well, time is not on my side on this one.

Have a fantastic Monday, folks!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
But, I love Tootsie Rolls.
I didn't know anyone didn't like Tootsie Rolls.
I'm sorry, y'all, but I just can't. They taste like fake chocolate, and getting them on Halloween feels like being robbed. In a world where M&Ms, Hershey's, Dove, Milky Way, and Butterfinger exist, I can't stomach a Tootsie Roll.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Ugh. I just tested positive for covid for the first time. So far i got a mild fever and some chills. Since i am guessing i will be down for a bit, figure i will start watching some scary movies this week.
I hope your case is mild and you get back to normal quick!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Ugh. I just tested positive for covid for the first time. So far i got a mild fever and some chills. Since i am guessing i will be down for a bit, figure i will start watching some scary movies this week.
Praying your symptoms pass quickly.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image