Halloween 2023 Countdown!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am excited to have Spooky Spring arrive. I have some movies, treats, and activities ready to go!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 1
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 30
DAYS TO THE BERS: 154
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 171
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 184
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 214

JOL Day #3.jpg

TGIF, Friends! And happy Friday! But most of all, HAPPY JACK O LANTERN DAY #3! Folks, I've said it before but I feel like this JOL Day, here on the eve of beginning Spooky Spring, may be the most "important" JOL Day in terms of psychological impact, as maybe JOL Day #7 in July when we are on the verge of "Fall Preseason", or perhaps August's JOL Day when we know we are standing on the doorstep of The Bers. Folks, it's a great feeling. And I'm excited for Spooky Spring, which starts TOMORROW.

Tonight's movie choices by me are "Halloween 4", and "The Ring!". I still feel to this day, that Halloween 4 has absolutely the best "Fall opening" of any movie and sets the stage to feel like you are right there at Halloween time.

The big number on the countdown this morning is a "1" - and that's how many days we have to go until Spooky Spring starts and we are officially HALF WAY back to October. Have a great day!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Happy JOL day. Feeling much better now. Hopefully no lingering effects seen. Just happy to be feeling better by Jol and Spooky Spring. The weather is supposed to be really nice coming up. It is going to feel very spring like for Easter and very October like for Spooky Spring! And today starts it.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy JOL day. Feeling much better now. Hopefully no lingering effects seen. Just happy to be feeling better by Jol and Spooky Spring. The weather is supposed to be really nice coming up. It is going to feel very spring like for Easter and very October like for Spooky Spring! And today starts it.
I'm glad you're feeling better too!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I. Love. This.

Instead of "April Fool's," Krispy Kreme is celebrating halfway back to October by introducing "April Fall's" and bringing back the pumpkin spice donut for two days on April 1 and 2.

And no, it's not an April Fool's joke:

Now I'm wondering... How can we make April Fall's a real thing?

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 60
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 29
DAYS TO THE BERS: 153
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 170
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 183
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 213

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy 1st day of Spooky Spring!

And congratulations on being HALF WAY BACK TO OCTOBER!

Halfway to October.jpg

At long last we made it! Here is what we have been waiting for since honestly January. A month long tribute to October / Halloween. I could wax on all day about Spooky Spring, but let's just stick to the simple facts. April is the mirror image of October. The chilly mornings, the cool evenings. The breeze. You can almost close your eyes and imagine we are standing here in October. That's what I hope it feels like for everyone who chooses to celebrate Spooky Spring with me.

A few years back, I decided that Spooky Spring should have it's own theme song, which is a soundtrack from Friday the 13th part 3, the track itself is called "Hot Ice"

I'm going to start tonight off by watching "Ghost Ship". Who knows what else I will fit in, I've got a great list to choose from.

Have a great day and welcome to Spooky Spring!

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Spooky Spring Woohoo! It's awesome. April really feels like October in so many ways including the weather. Folks - Have a great start to it. We're halfway home to October. Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy Spooky Spring! I decided to go with Sleepy Hollow last night as it is distinctly more "Halloween-ish." I think I made the right choice.

I'm working a half day today (groan), but I'm ready for the spooky fun to begin once I get home!

Let the scares begin!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Please share your ideas. You always have such good ones.
April is here! Spooky Spring begins! Yesterday had a spooky feel to it with some ominous skies and weather warnings, today the cold front that was behind the storms is here and we have a chance of snow! April Fools, indeed! I am starting Spooky Spring by celebrating Fred and George Weasley's birthday today by watching Goblet of Fire and trying out making cookies in my Pumpkin Waffle maker. One of my activities is to try a variety of pumpkin shaped foods for Spooky Spring! LOL! I am starting with a Chocolate Chip cookie boxed mix. I also hope to try a variety of cake mixes and pumpkin waffles. No sign of any pumpkin mixes in the store so next year I hope I remember to pick up a box or two and freeze them if necessary. The other treat I want to make will be picking and making a signature Chex Mix for the Bers/Halloween. After Halloween I picked up Halloween stickers and toys on sale to put in this years Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt, I was inspired by you, @LadyLynn when you talked about having holiday themed activities ready to fill in the week between Christmas and New Years in case I had any PCBs. Luckily, I didn't have any PCBs and that week was filled with burst pipes and a malfunctioning furnace so I am excited to have them to work on to celebrate the 6 month mark. I have a Harry Potter tie blanket that I could start working on and I wouldn't mind designing some scrolls but I still have signs to finish for my niece's wedding/reception. I haven't picked any other movies yet, but I have seen some pretty good lists posted here on MMC and hope to pick one each weekend. None of my plans are too exciting but I am excited to have lots of fun, if little, things to do to celebrate Spooky Spring! How about you, what are you looking forward to doing for Spooky Spring?

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
April is here! Spooky Spring begins! Yesterday had a spooky feel to it with some ominous skies and weather warnings, today the cold front that was behind the storms is here and we have a chance of snow! April Fools, indeed! I am starting Spooky Spring by celebrating Fred and George Weasley's birthday today by watching Goblet of Fire and trying out making cookies in my Pumpkin Waffle maker. One of my activities is to try a variety of pumpkin shaped foods for Spooky Spring! LOL! I am starting with a Chocolate Chip cookie boxed mix. I also hope to try a variety of cake mixes and pumpkin waffles. No sign of any pumpkin mixes in the store so next year I hope I remember to pick up a box or two and freeze them if necessary. The other treat I want to make will be picking and making a signature Chex Mix for the Bers/Halloween. After Halloween I picked up Halloween stickers and toys on sale to put in this years Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt, I was inspired by you, @LadyLynn when you talked about having holiday themed activities ready to fill in the week between Christmas and New Years in case I had any PCBs. Luckily, I didn't have any PCBs and that week was filled with burst pipes and a malfunctioning furnace so I am excited to have them to work on to celebrate the 6 month mark. I have a Harry Potter tie blanket that I could start working on and I wouldn't mind designing some scrolls but I still have signs to finish for my niece's wedding/reception. I haven't picked any other movies yet, but I have seen some pretty good lists posted here on MMC and hope to pick one each weekend. None of my plans are too exciting but I am excited to have lots of fun, if little, things to do to celebrate Spooky Spring! How about you, what are you looking forward to doing for Spooky Spring?
The Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt! You just reminded me that I pledged to make this a regular Spooky Spring activity starting this year on Halfoween. It's going to work out beautifully since Easter also falls this month; now my kids get TWO egg hunts!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 59
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 28
DAYS TO THE BERS: 152
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 169
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 182
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 212

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It sure felt good yesterday doing the 4 mile trail run for autism awareness. Running for a good cause AND I had so many "flashbacks" if you will, to last November when I ran the battlefield half marathon. Lots of the smells were the same. We ran last year following a rainy night, and the smell of the leaves and ground was the same. It was a good dose of "feels".

Coming home and putting the scary movies on too was honestly relaxing, lol. I thought back to "grazing" last October laying on the couch and falling asleep with Michael and Jason on TV in the background. SYFY yesterday was running a Harry Potter Marathon. I'll be having HP on this evening, since I'm sticking with "Dark Arts Sunday" every Sunday (except next weekend in observance of Easter) this month.

Our next milestone will be a BIG ONE on Tuesday, and that's the 150 Days to The Bers milestone. 150 Days. WOW.

Have a great Sunday, friends!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Well here we are spooky spring moving into the early days of it. And I love how it started on the weekend. Great timing for it. And everyone excited for Easter too. Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The Great Pumpkin Egg Hunt! You just reminded me that I pledged to make this a regular Spooky Spring activity starting this year on Halfoween. It's going to work out beautifully since Easter also falls this month; now my kids get TWO egg hunts!
My niece didn't seem too interested in having a second hunt, but I am going to wait until Easter is over and mention it again as Halfoween approaches.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image