Christmas Countdown - 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I hardly believe what I heard---my supervisor says we're going to have a Christmas tree here at the office! I guess she asked about it and permission was given. Considering the creative types here it will probably turn into something unconventional, but I think it's great that we'll be having one at all. (The only tree since I've been here has been my tabletop tree made from wire hangers, tinsel, and a string of lights---and several people here look forward to seeing it each year.) I don't know when it's going up, but I hope to have a hand in it.
Our engineering department is in an office trailer outside the main office, so we have control over decorations out here. I have a tree for the reception area, but I also have a (fake) ficus tree in front of my desk that I decorate. After Christmas, I leave at least one ornament in it to remind me of last Christmas!

Reactions: 9 people

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I think there will always be people in every case who comment on you or think that you are at least weird. I guess that these people don't understand how such a little thing, like looking at Christmas decorations, can cheer you up because for them, they are simply Christmas decorations while for you, they are more meaningful than that. I would say do what makes you happy because it's okey to be different, isn't it? ;] Best wishes!

Thanks,

My love for Christmas is rooted deeply throughout my life, I wrote a blog on it awhile back. It has always been the one thing I could always count on in my life. Even through the years of no presents, divorcing parents, an extremely drunk parent, break ups with ex-girlfriends. The sights and sounds of the season always carried me through some very tough times. Hence, my love of Christmas and everything associated with it.

Reactions: 8 people

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Big game tonight...i hated this game as a coach. I usually started puking (sorry) by two. Im not coaching, but I still get real edgy and nervous about this game. I keep telling myself its just a game, its just a game...but its not. Other team is favored by 24 points, but games arent played on paper...i just hope we stay healthy for the playoffs. The other teams coach is one of my best friends. We were 3-3 against each other. He called me last night and told me he hopes they beat us so bad that we dont field a team next year. Told him I hope he breaks his leg walking out to the game from the locker room...some friendship, huh? It was all in good nature...I dont want him to break his leg! Well, maybe.

I hope your team is able to upset them, it would be such a huge moment in the kids lives to pull off the unexpected.

Careful, if you played on the Miami Dolphins and said that, you would be investigated. cheesy Sorry, that probably wasn't entirely appropriate, but that is all they are talking about on the radio here in New England. It is a horrible circumstance with the bullying, but I think there was a lot more going on than what is being reported thus far.

Reactions: 5 people

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
You get these comments? Umm... If it is there for sale that means people will come in to buy it. Did they think they would put it on the shelves and no one is going to buy it? I think it is there for a reason and they should be happy to get your money to keep the place going! You be sure to come in there in July next year dressed head to toe in all Christmas attire, t-shirt, socks, elf shoes, Santa hat, etc. and really get them going! :lol:

We have a local thrift store up the road with some really nice people who run it. It is so small that they have to rotate stock. Every year in July they get all the Christmas items out and have "Christmas in July" sale for the entire month. People flock there to buy up Christmas and they know I will be there. It's a thrift store for charity that our church even donates money to. They are happy to get my money for a worthy cause.

Have fun shopping and don't let them get to ya! (even though it is annoying!) =)

I am not letting it bother me too much, because I know when I shop there it is for a worthy cause. They keep their Christmas stuff out to buy all year long and the turn on their Xmas inventory is amazingly fast, that is why I go there so often. I don't want to miss out on something. Also, in this area we have an amazing number of antique shops and "pickers" that do the same thing. If I don't react fast I may miss out. I have overheard the "pickers" that they have bought merchandise for a few bucks, and then turned around and made a huge profit. One guy was bragging how he bought a watch for $25, and sold it for $1000.

Reactions: 4 people

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I know regular Lifetime does, they have movies on in the evenings and on the weekends, just like Hallmark. As far as Lifetime Movie Network, as far as today, it is on all day. I just think it depends on the day. I think it is kind of like Hallmark Movie Channel.

Well cool! I didn't realize Lifetime had movies on at night/wknd already. I will have to check it out. We don't get LMN! :( Thanks!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Here's my ficus tree with the ornament in it. Please excuse the mess on my desk!

Reactions: 8 people

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good morning all. Tomorrow I will be in the car for six hours by myself, driving through northwest Oklahoma and it will be Christmas music all the way!

You know you are in no man's land when you pass a sign that says "caution; tumbleweeds on roadway." That sign does exist and I will see it tomorrow. But I'll have Dean, Bing, Frank, and everyone to keep me company. Northwest Oklahoma has some very cool things for a guy like me who loves the west with random mesas, hills, and small canyons scattered about. Just seeing that area makes me feel like I need to be on a horse with a rifle and shotgun strapped beside a bedroll and a food pouch, and a pistol strapped to my side. :)

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Stay safe on the roads. That tumbleweed sign would be awesome to see.

In the my part of Massachusetts, we're lucky to go more than a few miles without seeing a house. There are lots of old stone walls built in the 1700-1800's still around. I love seeing them, I can just imagine the old farmers plotting out their property by building those walls. We have miles upon miles of them around here.

Reactions: 6 people

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Afternoon All,

Beautiful day here today. My eldest is home today , I think he 's caught a bug. I have been decluttering today and organising shelves and cupboards. I have got boxes of stuff including the Halloween decorations ready to be put into the loft and a few things to go to goodwill. My end of year '' to do'' list is slowly moving along. I'm hoping to get a lot more done on Saturday and hopefully finish up by end of next week. Then it will be time for the fun things like christmas cards, shopping and bringing down the decorations etc.

I am having a little break with a cup of Christmas tea, a Christmas cookie ,MMC and I've tuned into Merry In-laws on tv. I am making a point of taking a Christmas time out every day till Christmas day even if its just 20 minutes or so. It's so easy to get caught up with everything else and before you know it the season is over and your left wishing you savoured it more.

I saw the Christmas ad for another big department store last night!

I hope you all are having a really good day. I am super excited about tomorrow. First day of the special posts, best of luck Made!!!

I hope he is feeling better.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
That's good news. I think the meds really help. I also buy Icy Hot patches, that you can wear up to 8 hours and I wear them while I'm at work, when I have my flair ups. I don't take the muscle relaxants during work hours, they always make me so tired, so the patches really seem to help. Those may help you as well. There are other brands as well.

I just bought the Hot patches for when I head back to work next week. I hope that they work well.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I hope you are feeling well enough to get started....but don't push it!! You want to be 100% for Thanksgiving & Christmas!!! :grin:

I am taking it easy now, I was busy this morning with all my doctor and work related stuff for my LOA.

To be honest, I would have rather this happened the week of Thanksgiving so I wouldn't have to work on Black Friday. I know it is horrible to say but after last years horrible experience, I am frightened to be working of Black Friday this year.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
I hardly believe what I heard---my supervisor says we're going to have a Christmas tree here at the office! I guess she asked about it and permission was given. Considering the creative types here it will probably turn into something unconventional, but I think it's great that we'll be having one at all. (The only tree since I've been here has been my tabletop tree made from wire hangers, tinsel, and a string of lights---and several people here look forward to seeing it each year.) I don't know when it's going up, but I hope to have a hand in it.

That sounds like a fun idea, hopefully you all can come up with an eclectic tree that will have a little bit of everybody's tastes.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good afternoon,

I spent my whole morning out running around to my doctor's office to pick up more paperwork, brought that to work, spent an hour there going over all the little things about being out. I am now going back to work on Monday. My back is very sore from running around. But I did pick up a bunch of stocking stuffers for the boys, including chocolate nutcrackers for LC, he will flip his lid!!!!

I am watching A Very harold & Kumar Christmas now, since no one else will watch it with me, especially the kids since they can't. cheesy It is not the greatest but I have so many Xmas movies to watch I need to take advantage of the time to watch the ones the kids can't now.

I hope you are enjoying your Thursday!!!!!

Reactions: 6 people

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Fun stocking stuffers!! LC will be so thrilled =}
Awesome!!

Take care, friend~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good afternoon,

I spent my whole morning out running around to my doctor's office to pick up more paperwork, brought that to work, spent an hour there going over all the little things about being out. I am now going back to work on Monday. My back is very sore from running around. But I did pick up a bunch of stocking stuffers for the boys, including chocolate nutcrackers for LC, he will flip his lid!!!!

I am watching A Very harold & Kumar Christmas now, since no one else will watch it with me, especially the kids since they can't. cheesy It is not the greatest but I have so many Xmas movies to watch I need to take advantage of the time to watch the ones the kids can't now.

I hope you are enjoying your Thursday!!!!!

Hope your back feels better soon!!! Enjoy the movie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image