Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning MMC !!

going to be a nice day here with nice warm temps, hard to believe it is November 7th !
Off to work then my meeting this evening.
My competition cake has been covered in fondant and ready for decorations. I cannot find the picture I had printed out to go with it so may have to go and have another printed. (I must have a 5 x 7 picture of the fashion my cake is based on). I have only 10 days till have to take it in. I did take 3 days off before the competition so am not worried about time frame for getting it done.

In a few short days the Christmas season starts, how exciting is that !!!

forgot to mention that I won an award from the YMCA for raising the most $ during our smile campaign to send kids off to camp this summer.

this is my boss Jess with me at the store when the YMCA gave me the award. I get a whole week aat kids camp !! Have not been to kids camp since I was, well a kid. LOL. I will most likely give it to my niece and let her go.
I hope we get to see a picture of the cake! :) Congrats on the award. That's great!!!
Have a good Monday CS!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Monday morning! There is nothing like getting up on a Monday knowing you don't have to go into work for two weeks. It's going to be a gorgeous sunny day here with temperatures warming up. I plan on taking Loki out on long walks during my staycation, taking in the crisp Fall air. For now I'm just relaxing with him cuddling up next to me. Wishing everyone a great Monday to start the week!
How nice!! No work for TWO weeks! *jealous* I hope you enjoy every minute & get to do some Christmassy things!! Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning!
Happy Monday ~
It's going to be a nice day, sunny with a high of 53 degrees. Maggie is scheduled to have her echocardiogram today. They originally wanted me to drop her off in the morning and leave her there for the day The radiologist travels and they're never sure what time he'll show up. I didn't want to leave her there that long so they agreed to call me when the radiologist gets there and then I could bring her down and wait. I thought that was nice of them. So I'll be standing by waiting for the call, just working on my daily chores. That's about it for me. Hope everyone had a nice weekend and has a great week ahead!

View attachment 33550
Extra hugs, thoughts & prayers heading to you & Maggie today. I'm glad she doesn't have to stay there all day!! I hope it all goes very well!!! Thinking of you!
Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Monday!
Hope every one had a great weekend.

We had a nice saturday. Even managed to clear out some unwanted clutter. It was Bonfire night so in the evening we went four our traditional walk around the neighbourhood and looked at the fireworks and a couple bonfires on the way. Work was hectic yesterday. I wanted to reward myself with a lazy day off today but I have started my deep cleaning while I have the time. I'd like to get the house all prepped this week so I can begin with some decorating on weekend. :)

Already one week into November! Wow!

Have a wonderful week everyone!
View attachment 33554
Good morning/afternoon Festive!! It sounds like your Saturday was so fun & festive!! Sorry to hear work yesterday was hectic. But I hope you are having a great day today!!
I thought of you Saturday night. I ordered a votive holder made of Natural Himalayan Salt Crystals. I'm pretty sure it is you who has talked about having them in your house? I'm excited to get it! :)

I hope your cleaning is going well. It's exciting to think about decorating!!
Enjoy your day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning, Season Start/Special Post Week Friends and Ultimate Christmas Enthusiasts!

Yes, my dear Friends, we have arrived. Arrived at a REALLY BIG WEEK.
A week that will see us through the entirety of the Special Post Series and right on the the beginning of Christmas Season 2016!

There's a lot to look forward to, so let's get started with the daily data:
Days to the Season: 6 (LESS THAN ONE WEEK, now!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 17 (UNDER 2 1/2 weeks!)
Days to Christmas Day: 48 (Now under 7 weeks off!)

And the Special Post Series?
Well, hold on to your reindeer reins, because that starts TOMORROW!!

The schedule:
November 08 (Day 5 before the Season) = Christmasstar
November 09 (Day 4 before the Season) = Binger
November 10 (Day 3 before the Season) = McGunny
November 11 (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear
November 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent

(This will be the most exciting week of our count, Folks. Don't - miss - it!!)

Still cool but really not too bad here for November. It has been dry and sunny with no significant wind.
Currently, we have started this long-awaited and much-coveted week at 47 degrees here in central North Carolina.

Have a Marvelous Monday and a Wildly Wonderful Week of Exciting Events, Everyone!
So, SO, SO exciting!!! Have a great day crown!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning Holiday. Sounds like your weekend went very well, let's hope that trend will continue into this new week. Weather here is about right, with a few above normal temps. But that is cool until outside decorations go up... lol
Enjoy the day, the week and especially the season.
View attachment 33559
Our temps have been way above normal, but I'll take it. Much colder weather is predicted for the weekend ahead though! (yep, already thinking about the weekend...LOL)
Have a good day!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Afternoon/Evening christmas friends...Glad my working day is over...Its been a cold day here today Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!...Forecast is for an artic blast in the next few days now i love that because it makes it feel sooo christmassie...Dinner is cooked and eaten...Tonite we had chicken stir fry...MMMmmm and asmall glass of wine to get me into the christmas spirit not that i need any encouraging lol....Enjoy the rest of your day christmas friends Ho! Ho! Ho!...need the practice for christmas morning -santa-

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
Hi everyone! It's been a while since i've been around. I cannot believe we are in November!!!

We had a wonderful Halloween, I threw a big party. Then (In England) We celebrated Bonfire night, lots of food, drink, fireworks and bonfires. Now it's time to get in Christmas mode. I'm off to D.C and NYC this Thursday, to say i'm excited is an understatement. Hoping it's getting geared up for Christmas.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
First tree is going up this week!! I've had all I can stand..lol.

Woo Hoo!!!! Go Gunny, Go!!
I put my small tree up in the basement. It was always the tree Mom put up her basement. She crocheted all the snowflakes on it.

upload_2016-11-7_14-14-48.png

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Afternoon/Evening christmas friends...Glad my working day is over...Its been a cold day here today Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!...Forecast is for an artic blast in the next few days now i love that because it makes it feel sooo christmassie...Dinner is cooked and eaten...Tonite we had chicken stir fry...MMMmmm and asmall glass of wine to get me into the christmas spirit not that i need any encouraging lol....Enjoy the rest of your day christmas friends Ho! Ho! Ho!...need the practice for christmas morning -santa-
Hey there prancer! Sounds like you are all Christmassy today! :D Enjoy your evening!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hi everyone! It's been a while since i've been around. I cannot believe we are in November!!!

We had a wonderful Halloween, I threw a big party. Then (In England) We celebrated Bonfire night, lots of food, drink, fireworks and bonfires. Now it's time to get in Christmas mode. I'm off to D.C and NYC this Thursday, to say i'm excited is an understatement. Hoping it's getting geared up for Christmas.
How exciting!! Have a safe & fun filled trip!!! Nice to see you again!
-holidays-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Woo Hoo!!!! Go Gunny, Go!!
I put my small tree up in the basement. It was always the tree Mom put up her basement. She crocheted all the snowflakes on it.

View attachment 33579
Well done! I always find it a challenge to make a small tree really beautiful, and you've done it.

I have some crocheted snowflakes that my grandmother made. They are so precious to me and are always among the first ornaments to go on the tree.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks buddy...Hope your having a merry day so far...What's on the menu tonite Holiday?
I am having a merry day, thanks! Will be more merry when I can run out the door after work. LOL! (It's too beautiful outside to be inside!) Tonight we are grilling out - beer butt chicken & camper's potatoes! I need to get it going as soon as I get off work since it gets dark so early now!! Not that I can't grill in the dark, but it's more enjoyable (& warmer) in the daylight! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image