Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time to reflect and remember the wonderful Holidays of our past

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- a time to remember " I am my brother's keeper"

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger
Awesome, Binger, thanks!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

Like a lot of us, Nancy & I stayed up waaaay too late watching the election coverage, and now I'm dragging. I've finished my first pot of coffee, and about to brew my second. Whew!

Elizabeth's play competition was yesterday. They didn't place, but, in ALL honesty, theirs was the better performance. I'm not sure what happened, but the judges appeared to be more interested in social commentary than in actual acting ability. Oh, well. The kids were very big about it, and congratulated all of the winning team members like real pros. I'm so proud of them!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I'm at my cousin's house. We're hanging out, listening to Christmas music. She's on FB and I'm trying to get my computer set up for a few projects so there are several cross conversations going on that are rather hilarious. :)
I hope you have a great one, too, Martine!

Thank you, Holiday! Definitely need a nap ~ the numerous typos I have to keep fixing are driving me nuts. Have a Merry day!!

That does sound like a very fun day!!! Maybe some caffeine will help with the typos. LOL! ENJOY!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

Like a lot of us, Nancy & I stayed up waaaay too late watching the election coverage, and now I'm dragging. I've finished my first pot of coffee, and about to brew my second. Whew!

Elizabeth's play competition was yesterday. They didn't place, but, in ALL honesty, theirs was the better performance. I'm not sure what happened, but the judges appeared to be more interested in social commentary than in actual acting ability. Oh, well. The kids were very big about it, and congratulated all of the winning team members like real pros. I'm so proud of them!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

AWE! (((HUGS))) to Elizabeth! What a bummer but it sounds like they handled it well. And I have no doubt they were the better performance. Hope they had fun doing it!

Have a great day Brad! Stay awake! :p

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
You'd think we were in the US with all the election coverage that we got here in Canada. Even this morning it's still non-stop. Enjoy that warmer weather while it lasts and have a great day ahead.

For sure. I haven't really turned my TV on this morning, but it's everywhere online! My Facebook feed has blown up, really. Have a great day, Martine!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good morning Brent!

I do believe Americans went out & had their voices heard yesterday! Nice to see! Some will be happy, some will be upset, I say thank God it's over!!! Hope you all had a good time last night!! I said I wasn't going to watch but I got sucked in anyway & stayed up waaaaaaay too late!!!

Have a great day!!

Thankfully it is over, indeed. We will see what the future holds. Until then, though, we all have our Season to celebrate.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thank you Holiday...Its still pouring it down here Grrrrrrrr!!!...Hope your having a merry day so far my friend...Ohhh whats on Holiday's menu tonite:p
Oh that sounds miserable!! Hope you are nice 'n toasty dry inside.

I have Tortilla Chicken Soup in the crock pot for supper tonight. I smoked a chicken a few weeks ago & picked the meat off & froze it - I used that in the soup. I'm also using the broth we saved from seasoned turkey ribs instead of chicken broth. I made some pico de gallo, to go in it & I'll make some homemade tortilla strips after work. MMMM I sure hope it's good. My 6qt crock pot is Full, Full, Full so come on over!
:D

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time to reflect and remember the wonderful Holidays of our past

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- a time to remember " I am my brother's keeper"

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger

Always so well written, Binger. You really do a great job with these Special Posts every year. Such a heartwarming and inspiring message.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Oh that sounds miserable!! Hope you are nice 'n toasty dry inside.

I have Tortilla Chicken Soup in the crock pot for supper tonight. I smoked a chicken a few weeks ago & picked the meat off & froze it - I used that in the soup. I'm also using the broth we saved from seasoned turkey ribs instead of chicken broth. I made some pico de gallo, to go in it & I'll make some homemade tortilla strips after work. MMMM I sure hope it's good. My 6qt crock pot is Full, Full, Full so come on over!
:D

WOW That sure does sound soo yummy Holiday...Ive made carrot and coriander soup here...It will do a few days..I will be over in 2 ticks lol....Keep it pipping hot:p

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good morning, everyone!

It's a sunny and windy day in Ottawa. I received a bunch of calls to work last night. Most were extremely far or only for a half day. I held off on accepting half days in hopes that a full would come. It did not. I'm stuck at home again. Something best be coming for tomorrow and Friday!

It will be great to see everyone at the 'Pines tonight for the final celebration before the Christmas Season. Nothing beats a countdown to our favourite Season and world class entertainment. Singing our favourite Christmas songs would be nice, but I think we can wait until next week to break them out. After all, there are only four more days remaining!

No real plans for today. I think it will be a hangout with Simon and go the gym kind of day. Perhaps I will get some housework done, too.

Have a great Wednesday everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all at the 'Pines tonight. I am sure Carl has some fantastic celebrations ahead!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thankfully it is over, indeed. We will see what the future holds. Until then, though, we all have our Season to celebrate.
-sing-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
WOW That sure does sound soo yummy Holiday...Ive made carrot and coriander soup here...It will do a few days..I will be over in 2 ticks lol....Keep it pipping hot:p
Carrot coriander soup sound interesting. I have no doubt it's delicious!!!!
It will be piping hot, I promise! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning, everyone!

It's a sunny and windy day in Ottawa. I received a bunch of calls to work last night. Most were extremely far or only for a half day. I held off on accepting half days in hopes that a full would come. It did not. I'm stuck at home again. Something best be coming for tomorrow and Friday!

It will be great to see everyone at the 'Pines tonight for the final celebration before the Christmas Season. Nothing beats a countdown to our favourite Season and world class entertainment. Singing our favourite Christmas songs would be nice, but I think we can wait until next week to break them out. After all, there are only four more days remaining!

No real plans for today. I think it will be a hangout with Simon and go the gym kind of day. Perhaps I will get some housework done, too.

Have a great Wednesday everyone! Looking forward to seeing you all at the 'Pines tonight. I am sure Carl has some fantastic celebrations ahead!
Good morning Brent. I hope you find some work for tomorrow & Friday!
Have fun with Simon today! :) See you tonight!!!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
image.jpeg
Good morning Martine. Hope you stay warm tonight. We have a low of 36 predicted for tonight. Brrrrr!! I would love to see Loki's picture after the beauty parlor appointment! :D Hope the apt goes well! Have fun Christmas shopping!! Have a GREAT day!
This is Loki after getting a haircut. We've been more consistent in brushing him so he was not full of knots and they saved his beard :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums