Christmas Countdown - 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
Binger -- we are really really really looking forward to the new thread!!! It is so brilliant that it is the countdown to the SEASON! Makes everything better!

Personally, I am very excited about the New Years' Eve treats of champagne and fried Twinkees! Especially about the Fried Twinkees! I have never had them - but I can imagine how crispy outside and melty inside and just so delicious they are! What may I contribute to the menu?????

I know that on the West Cost USA - the giant king crab legs are the holiday treat!!! Maybe they are only available at this time of year - which makes them more special. On the East Coast USA - prime rib and steaks and meats like that are greatly enjoyed.

But - I think I will bring a selection of Chinese food - made with Buddist recipes (which are vegetarian but taste like meat or shellfish or whichever Chinese dish it is.) Don't most people love Chinese food? And Buddist dishes are fabulous. What do you think?

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
nana- no they are fired twinkies..... be careful.. there is a big difference between fired and fried.. just as Jay... they are the one who discovered the shispering pines motel....

YABBA.. STILL HERE in 08!!! YABBA

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
ok ok... Binger signing off for 08.. it's been a great run and we collapse yet another thread.... onward to 2009... hey Radio.. in the way back machine.. how far back did you trace us? Seems like it was at least seven or eight years....... anyway.. we move onward... to a series of milestones.. the first comes in a few weeks when we break the 300 day window.... and then..

tomorrow we welcome back the light.. following the darkest nights of the year.....

Much Love everyone.. see you in 2009.. Thanx to all my friends both old ( Jay.. Cedar, Radio, Sandy (so good to see you again.. )Holiday, Sprakling, Iron Eagle,and Auntie...).. and to reall really really old friends ( Crown), and to new found friends Maureen, Nana, Annette, and everyone else here. and special thanx to Jeff Westover....

they say that spring will come again...while December beats outside...so grab your friends and hold them tight.. tomorrow we welcome back the light... following the darkest nights of the year....

YABBA YABBA YABBA YADDA

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:)) Safe travels, Binger! See you soon!

Wonder how many views this countdown will receive after it is locked and stored.

I enjoy looking back and reading them when I have time.

Still have a couple of days of posting before Crown starts the new countdown thread and the time really does fly by with the milestone markers.

I'm already starting to panic that I won't be ready for Christmas 2009. HaHa.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
cheesy HolidayHoney - the sun didn't cooperate, I'll see what I captured tomorrow.

Looks like the snow is back. :snowball: It's been snowing non-stop since around dinner time.

trackrebel

candy cane hustla
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2008
Germany
sports.groups.yahoo.com
Got some firecrackers yesterday....some sparkling wine....will buy some pepsi, chips and crackers....and New Year´s Eve can come....Looking forward to it.....I love the last hours of the year....We spend it with my brother, his wife, his daughter and baby son....so Sarah (my niece) and Kandice can dance to the party music they play on several TV-Shows...us along with them...we can drink some....play some games....and then we out to welcome the new year!

I hope it will be a blessed and successfull year for each and everyone of You!!!

N

Nitro

Morning everyone...Tuesday, 2 days left of the year and the season ending here in a couple days sigh...but theres still a lot of gifts I have that I have barely opened to use or try such as DVD's so that will help keep Christmas fun alive still.

I'm glad you have been around Crownster this week on your week off from the count. It's helped me feel good about things even tho our season is ending. I'm real excited for the 2009 count and hope to be a part of it. I read through most of the 2008 count as a non member and loved it.

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
Good Morning On Tuesday, December 29th!!!!!

Didn't you love what Binger wrote about "welcoming back the light" - after the darkest days of the year! That makes our hearts happy!

SparkleNana

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
May 19, 2008
But - what is this about "fired" Twinkies?????

I wanted "fried" Twinkies! You know, deicious deep-fat fried - hot and crispy outside - warm and melty inside? Washed down with sparkling champagne on New Years Eve?

What are "fired" Twinkies? Are they sort of like -- when you are toasting marshmallos on a stick and the marshmallo catches on fire -- and you don't want to blow it out right away because it is cool? And then you get his black marshmallo with only a little bit of hard white center?

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
It is so great to come back here after a few days away to see that the Christmas spirit lives on!! :sparkle:

I went shopping yesterday & bought the 1st Christmas present for 2009 ~ this is going to go in my families, girls exchage! I just thought it was SO cute & 50% off!!! :smile: He stands about 38" tall.

I am off work until the 5th & I am loving this!! We got the Wii for Christmas, & I have quickly become addicted!! Lol! I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season! I still can't believe Christmas is all over. I am SO SO happy that the Hallmark Channel is still playing Christmas movies every night! I am going to send them an email to thank them...I'm sure they are getting complaints!! Lol! I really appreciate that b/c that is always such a downer for me when the Christmas specials on tv end!! And did you see they are playing Christmas movies ALL DAY on New Years Day??? YAY!!!

Have a great day you all!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
<< Chuckle >>
Actually, Sparkle, "fired" twinkies were developed on this site, where the Shispering Pines was built and Carl was born. (Well, Carl was actually born back at Christmas.Com but he calls this place home, now)

"Fired Twinkies" are a secret, Christmas confectionary blend of mildly spiced ingredients.
Carl knows the recipie but isn't telling. Goes well with his special eggnog blend or with any coffee (as Binger can attest).

Good Morning.

So sad - 2008 is nearly over as is this thread.
But an exciting new one will set sail ASAP on January 1st!

Chilly here this morning in Raleigh with our temp standing at 44.
The sun is out at last after a wet week - the wettest I can ever recall for the days leading up to, and just after, Christmas.
Oh, well. Our spirits were not dampened and that is what's important!

Have a safe trip, Bing, my friend.
We miss you here whenever you are gone - coffee and all!
(Nice parting post, by the way!)

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Friends - the final Tuesday of 2008!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Morning On Tuesday, December 29th!!!!!

Didn't you love what Binger wrote about "welcoming back the light" - after the darkest days of the year! That makes our hearts happy!

Ditto! What a great feeling!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
You know Holiday.... there is never bad coffee... it just inspires me so much..... that perking smell in the morning ( mid morning, early afternoon, mid afternoon, early evening, mid evening, late evening, mid night snack..)- maybe that is waht brings out the Hallmark in me... Thanx Jeff Westover......and all my friends for a great 2008....

Kalamazoo.. you are missed....

Amen sister!! Speaking of...I got a bag of "Rise N Shine" coffee beans, & some french vanilla syrup flavoring for coffee/latte's/milk from a friend for Christmas. AND I got a 5 in one mixer/blender/whipper/chopper/COFFEE GRINDER in my families exchange! So exciting!!! :???: In my families exchange I also got a game of "Holiday Charades" ~ looks like it will be hilarious to play!!! :grin:

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Enjoy your day AuntieMistletoeDear.....and remember to share those photos!!

Here you go. I sure wish there was more sunshine, these are not my usual quality.

Beached Boathouse

Look Out Island

Frozen Lake

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
A tree with personality thanks to the wind

Bare trees on beach with view of frozen lake

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Last night it snowed and we have blue sky again.

Snow covered parkette - taken this morning.

This isn't a frozen lake or a snowy wonderland photo, but for his fans, I had to include this one.

King of all wild things - don’t ask me how the diet is going for O’Malley.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Nice pix'es, Auntie.
Bleak but beautiful.

(Do you think O'Malley and Carl would get along?)

HolidayHoney

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 27, 2008
Thank you AuntieMistletoeDear, the pictures are lovely, my favorite is the "tree with personality" and of course that handsome guy O'Malley....hmm, we may have to introduce my Julie to him!! I had to take my tree down twice this year because she was laying on the limbs and pulling my lights apart where they connect..the second time I used duct tape at the connections and thankfully that worked!! She was just determined to sleep in my tree this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image