MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Two days ago I was really suffering from the blues plus a bum leg, and since I'm not really a 'people person' I didn't have anyone to talk to. So I turned to the MMC forum to blow off some steam, and moan about my grumpiness and my leg. To my everlasting gratitude, I had many, many forum members reply with words of kindness and support. You don't know how much that meant (and will always mean) to me. My family is also grateful for your kindness to me (my Mom and Sister love you) and were touched and delighted by your posts. Thank you so much for the advice, encouragement, insight, and "virtual hugs" I received. I can only hope that one day I can pass along this gift of encouragement. I am glad to report that I am in a much more cheerful mood, and I'm looking forward to going out this afternoon with Hubby to do a little (hobbling) shopping, and buy my Christmas cards for the exchange. Thank you all again for your kindness and good words.
With many hugs, from Amy.
You're welcome, any time!
When you're shopping, remember that some stores and malls provide "scooters" for mobility-challenged customers---ride in comfort when you can, and reduce the hobbling!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Awww thanks for the offer buddy...Ehhh I am gonna start going through the lights to make sure everything is in working order...I also might start setting a few ornaments out to see if the wife spots em lol-gift-
Well I hope all the lights are working perfectly! (Ya right...ha ha ha) xx
I hope you can sneak out some ornaments!!! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Everyone, have a Fantastic Friday Eve, evening!!!! +h

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Counting down to a day off tomorrow! I'm planning to record some DJ material for this year's Santa Tracking broadcast, if I don't chicken out. I say that because I have tons of great music ... but facing a microphone to fill in the spaces between the music is a daunting experience! I get tongue-tied and feel awkward talking to an empty room like someone is listening.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Counting down to a day off tomorrow! I'm planning to record some DJ material for this year's Santa Tracking broadcast, if I don't chicken out. I say that because I have tons of great music ... but facing a microphone to fill in the spaces between the music is a daunting experience! I get tongue-tied and feel awkward talking to an empty room like someone is listening.
I think you would do a great job!!!!! ENJOY your day off!!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Special Post, Day 3 to the Season
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
Let me end this by saying...
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
Thank you MMC and Crown for providing me a day for the countdown!!
What a wonderful post!

Andre is exactly who I was thinking of while I was watching this! :)

I'm jealous of your cut/color!! I'm in need. We are holding off until next week so I'm good to go for Thanksgiving, my nephews wedding & Christmas. Ahhhhh! LOL
So hard to believe 2 weeks from today is Thanksgiving. Need to get it in gear!
Have a great day SFM!
HAHA!! Hope you are having a great day, Holiday!

You know, I don't think anybody makes green bean casserole for our Thanksgiving. Or maybe it's gone by the time we get through line. LOL Maybe I should make that this year. Hmmm
My MIL makes this every year...always one of my fav sides!

I can barely clean my own place cause every time I do Rollins messes it up (as I'm cleaning it too). Going to be an adventure putting the tree up with him around and keeping it up!
HAHA!! I leave all my cheaper ornaments on the bottom. If we are not giving Leo enough attention he will grab an ornament and run...LOL He is such my little terror!
Hope you are having a great Thursday, Edge!

Thanks for sharing....I wanted to look at Go-Pros.

Two days ago I was really suffering from the blues plus a bum leg, and since I'm not really a 'people person' I didn't have anyone to talk to. So I turned to the MMC forum to blow off some steam, and moan about my grumpiness and my leg. To my everlasting gratitude, I had many, many forum members reply with words of kindness and support. You don't know how much that meant (and will always mean) to me. My family is also grateful for your kindness to me (my Mom and Sister love you) and were touched and delighted by your posts. Thank you so much for the advice, encouragement, insight, and "virtual hugs" I received. I can only hope that one day I can pass along this gift of encouragement. I am glad to report that I am in a much more cheerful mood, and I'm looking forward to going out this afternoon with Hubby to do a little (hobbling) shopping, and buy my Christmas cards for the exchange. Thank you all again for your kindness and good words.
Thinking of you, Amy!! I am happy to hear today is better for you!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
HAHA!! I leave all my cheaper ornaments on the bottom. If we are not giving Leo enough attention he will grab an ornament and run...LOL He is such my little terror!
Hope you are having a great Thursday, Edge!
Boston Terriers seem to like to take things...but more importantly to show you what they have as if they are bragging about it.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
You're always great when I hear you on the Merry Podcast! At least the room is empty when you're talking. I had to speak to a few large crowds during my mayoral tenure. THAT will put your Speedstick to the test! :eek:

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
I can see how awkward it could be to speak when no one is immediately listening. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job. It's really great of you to get involved in the podcast. Have fun recording!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
You're always great when I hear you on the Merry Podcast! At least the room is empty when you're talking. I had to speak to a few large crowds during my mayoral tenure. THAT will put your Speedstick to the test! :eek:
lol! All through school I used to dread public speaking and oral presentations. It was terrifying in fact. But at my current job, I have no choice but to engage groups of employees during daily huddles and being a regional trainer, I have to speak to large groups of my peers. I remember a few hears ago I had to present 11 employees on their 5 year anniversary to a room of about 50-60 people, the biggest crowd I have faced I think. That got my Speedstick going. Though that's nothing compared to mayoral speeches, I'm sure.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Tonight is girls night out, so we will be eating out! :) (it's not like there aren't plenty of left overs at home - ah well) You are more than welcome to join us! ;) My hubby is off work tomorrow so he may crash our party too. LOL!
Are you going to decorate during your 2 week vacation??
Have a fun girls' night out Holiday!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Afternoon/Evening Christmas friends.....Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Its been a gorgeous sunny day here today and not too chilly either....but Clear sky tonight means a cold night ahead..Forecast for tonite is -2 Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!...Since we had soup left over from yesterday we had that for Dinner tonite...Relaxing on the sofa with a glass of my fav wine....1 more working day left then 2 weeks leave Wooooo-Hooooo.....Enjoy the rest of your day ahead Christmas friends-gift-
Hope that one last work day just flies by and you get to enjoy a great two weeks off! That's what I'm in the middle of right now and it feels great to recharge before the hectic Holidays begin.

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Thank you so much Snowflake ~
Sending love and prayers back your way <3
xo

Thanks so much, friend <3
xo

Good evening,

It has been a long day here, we had to bring our big cat, Winston, back to the humane society today. He bit JP in the arm the other night which got infected quite badly, very quickly. He has gone to the Dr twice and also had to go see a surgeon. It looks like it is healing on its own, but JP has another appointment to see the surgeon again next week. Unfortunately, the only thing we could do is bring him back, we cannot justify keeping him when he bites the kids while they sleep. It was the third occurrence in a year and a half that resulted in seeing a Dr. The shelter is a no kill shelter, and they will try to match him up to a perfect home, One that should probably have no kids and no other pets. We are quite devastated by this, he was a good cat for the most part, very loving, but ornery. We love him very much, but this is best for our family.
I never started decorating since I was gone for hours getting lost in downtown Springfield, so my goal of having the trees up tomorrow is just a pipe dream now.
Day off #2 tomorrow hopefully decorating will be a major part of it.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone

Sorry to hear about Winston, prayers that he finds a good home very soon, you all are in my thoughts.

Have fun decorating!

Good morning ❤️
Cold day here today...
Isak have been sick all week, so I keep him home from school today also
But Im thinking he will be back in the classroom tomorrow.

My boys turn 13 years old tomorrow...
Just like that, from premature (and dysmature) babies to teenagers!!??
That day thirteen years ago, was the worst day of my life
Traumatic and dramatic. I was just minutes from loosing them both
So it's still not a good day for me...
Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Today Im putting up my mini Christmas tree on the kitchen countertop
The big one is coming up right before Thanksgiving

Hope YOU have a wonderful day my friend
Merry Thursday ❤️

Happy Friday Eve, Solice <3
Thinking of you & the boys, and sending lots of love and hugs!!
Happy Birthday to them! Hope they have a fun and special day.
Prayers that Isak gets well soon.
xx

Merry Thursday!

Well I am dashing through as usual. Lots to get done today. Before I go here is this year's John Lewis advert. The first big one for the season. Also the Christmas markets open today along with the outdoor ice rink!! Whooo Hoo Christmas is here!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sending this to me, it made my day :)
So sweet!

Merry Thursday, friends! Just working today and then I am getting my haircut and highlighted later and hopefully fitting in a workout today. I am off tomorrow and it is my husband's b-day too. Not sure what we are going to do maybe go out to lunch.
Hope you all have a blessed day!!
Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving!! Yay!! Definitely my 2nd fav day of the year.
Happy Friday Eve, SnowflakeMom!
Enjoy your day off tomorrow =)
Happy Birthday to your husband!
Have a wonderful evening~
xx

Good morning MMC! Merry Friday Eve! Yippee!! :jump

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Lots of sunshine & a high of 60º! We had the heaviest frost of the season this morning. Not a freezing frost, but the rooftops were covered in a beautiful white!

Tonight is girls night out. We haven't had one for a very long time. Looking forward to it! :)

Sirius XM Holly has been doing a great job the last couple days playing some awesome Christmas music. BUT this morning on my way to work they played Hard Candy Christmas sung by Cyndi Lauper. OH MY! Seriously when I heard it, I thought it was maybe a karaoke morning or something. She doesn't hold a candle to Dolly Parton. Just sayin... :p

On that note, everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Happy Friday Eve, Holiday!
Enjoy your girls night out!
X

Good morning snowflake! Once again, nice to see you checking in! :D

That makes me smile that Har is having a great fall. I bet she did love having her friend Jazzie, Grandma & Gpa over the weekend! How nice!

Gracie, Jim & I are doing well! Thanks! Jim is working pre-load this week, which means he gets up for work at 3:30 am, but then he's done working by 9:30am. And he has a vacation day tomorrow - he's enjoying his week.

Mom & Emma are doing well. Emma has a chest cold this week. They came over last night four dinner & a movie "Bell's Of St. Mary's" I made Emma a Hot Toddy for her cold - she said it was very soothing! :p It was a really nice, cozy night! Mom loved the movie - she's seen it before but it's been a long time. I just love that voice of Bing Crosby's. :)

View attachment 33700

Have a wonderful day! Merry Friday Eve my friend!!

Thank you! ;)
Glad to hear that Gracie & Jim are well!
Hope he has a nice day off tomorrow.
Hope Emma gets well soon, a classic movie & Hot Toddy are just what the doctor ordered. Bing does have an amazing voice. Looks fun!
Enjoy your night!

Merry Thursday, MMC!

Chilly day out. Been up since 2:30 and I just realized I haven't eaten yet. Time to have some breakfast, or would that be lunch, and get back to work. Hoping to check in during the Countdown to the Season, but otherwise won't be around until Monday sometime.

Have a most Merry day and a most Merry weekend!!

Happy Thursday, M!
Hope you and Palmer are well~
{{{Hugs}}}

Special Post, Day 3 to the Season
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
Let me end this by saying...
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
Thank you MMC and Crown for providing me a day for the countdown!!
Thank you, NcG~ lovely special post.
*I will always believe*
And Happy Birthday to the USMC!
Thank you for your service!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Greetings and salutations to all my MMC friends. This one is going to be short and sweet (so to say). I have a ton of things to do this AM and not nearly enough time to get them done in. Oh well, at least the good Lord gives me the ability to get them done (eventually).
Anyway, I hope and pray that everyone is doing well and that this week has brought joy, peace and pleasant memories for all. I'll try to catch up on posts later this evening or tomorrow.
Have a Thankful Thursday and an even better tomorrow...
View attachment 33704
Happy Friday Eve, CGYager~
Hope you had a productive day!
Have a blessed night :)

Thinking of you, Amy!
Continued prayers and hugs being sent.
Merry Christmas!

:tree:

Good Afternoon/Evening Christmas friends.....Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Its been a gorgeous sunny day here today and not too chilly either....but Clear sky tonight means a cold night ahead..Forecast for tonite is -2 Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!...Since we had soup left over from yesterday we had that for Dinner tonite...Relaxing on the sofa with a glass of my fav wine....1 more working day left then 2 weeks leave Wooooo-Hooooo.....Enjoy the rest of your day ahead Christmas friends-gift-
Good evening, buddy!
Stay warm and cozy!
Hope your Friday goes well, enjoy your holiday!!
:snowball

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Good Evening, MMC~
Thinking of you all, wishing many blessings.
I have been working on an old family nativity set, it hasn't been displayed for many years. But, it's time! It's so beautiful.
Have a blessed night!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good point! If I had to do it live, as Jayish sometimes does, I'd never do it.
Thank you for the compliment! My podcast segments are always scripted, so that's easy. Winging it is something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image