Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Oh I know that feeling all too well, wanting to make sure everything is ok for when the boss comes back. They say the strength of a team is measured when the boss is away. I'm sure you guys did a great job with the store. Have fun on your day off.
Thanks! I tried to keep everything under control. Luckily there were no problems so my DM didn't even stop to check on us.

Enjoy your day off. Hope your work weekend goes well!
Thank you! I got lots done
Merry Friday, Frosty! Have a great day!

Merry Friday, Holiday!
TGIF ;)
Glad you and the girls had so much fun last night!
Hugs to you and Gracie, have a nice weekend!

Happy Birthday to your husband!
Have fun celebrating today :)
Enjoy your day off, and weekend too!

No kidding! ;) Me, too.
Bummer about the cough, hope it goes away quickly. Take care of yourself!
Thanks, busy morning but am allowing myself a break.
I bet you're on your way home, have a fantastic and fun weekend!

Thank you! It really is lovely to display it, means a lot to me.
Thanks, Adi & I plan to work on the village this weekend. I'm excited! :)

Merry Friday, K.G.!
{{{Hugs}}}
:tree:
xx

Happy Friday, nmc!
Hope you have a productive day, but can also find time to relax, too.
:)
Thank you, got a lot done today. I am relaxing now but it's so windy I'm afraid it will wake Carolina up

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
You all are so kind and encouraging. It's made me smile to read all of your posts today. SO glad to be a part of the MMC community!

I am about to crash-running my very first HALF MARATHON tomorrow morning in 32 degree (0 degrees C!!!) weather! WOOOO!

Have a wonderful evening dear Christmas ones!

Good luck with the marathon. Sending hugs!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Hope everyone had an awesome Friday! Today was a pretty good day, the high was about 62 so not too bad at all. My Comp II class got cancelled so I got to come home from class early and relax. My buddies I have a ton of extra meal plan money and theres a steakhouse on campus so we went there for lunch! After lunch I took a huge nap (what else would you expect from a college kid). No idea what we will do tonight, but I definetly need to get to the gym. Probably gonna FaceTime my girlfriend as she is four hours away. Well hope everyone had an awesome day and If i dont check back in soon, a good weekend!

Wishing you a good weekend as well MerryMatt!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Let's celebrate, friends. Let's celebrate. :)

Great post, DYHWIH!

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

Just a quick run through tonight, I am not feeling well today, but being the last few weeks before turkey day I cannot miss the time.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Hope everyone had an awesome Friday! Today was a pretty good day, the high was about 62 so not too bad at all. My Comp II class got cancelled so I got to come home from class early and relax. My buddies I have a ton of extra meal plan money and theres a steakhouse on campus so we went there for lunch! After lunch I took a huge nap (what else would you expect from a college kid). No idea what we will do tonight, but I definetly need to get to the gym. Probably gonna FaceTime my girlfriend as she is four hours away. Well hope everyone had an awesome day and If i dont check back in soon, a good weekend!
Have a great weekend Matt!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Saturday!
It's going to be sunny today with a high of 50, we're currently at 37 degrees. I've been awake for awhile, Maggie didn't sleep well last night. Just relaxing now with a cup of coffee and watching the news. I have to get moving soon and start breakfast, my youngest has an early class on Saturdays. I plan on going food shopping this morning. I also need to call the veterinarian to make an appointment for my cat Bella. She was just there recently because of her allergies but doesn't seem to have gotten much relief. Hopefully they can squeeze her in today. Other than that I'll be working on the laundry. And we have plans to go out for dinner later this evening with my BIL & SIL, I'm looking forward to that. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend <3

IMG_0007.JPG

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Special Post

Each Christmas season, I look forward to "catching the Spirit." To feeling that tingle of joy in my soul and to smiling, to finding peace on earth and goodwill towards all, to relaxing and feeling just for a moment that all is right and will be alright with the world.

For whatever reason, the last two years, it's been hard to find that. A loved one passed. My job doesn't allow my husband or I to have a full holiday off really ever anymore. I've seen too much in the world to really "let go." Like the carol "I heard the bells on Christmas Day," I felt the lyrics, "And in despair, I bowed my head. There is no peace on earth, I said. For hate is strong and mocks the song of peace on earth, goodwill to men."

But this season, I am determined. The world needs Christmas' powerful Spirit more than ever. I think we each need the Spirit more than ever, too. I have been working to open my heart to the joy of Christmas for some time now, and soon, it will be here. So soon.

So, I encourage you to do the same thing. Acknowledge what is difficult in your life and the world. But don't let it steal your joy of the season. Open your heart to the Spirit of Christmas and find joy that you thought was forgotten. Not everything will go perfectly or even the way it should, but that is what our MMC community is here for. We are here to support, and to remind each other that the Spirit of Christmas is a powerful thing, a powerful force that can bring us together and help us be more joyful and hopeful as we approach the season and the day itself. Find the moments of joy, hold onto them, and celebrate with everything you are and everything you've got inside of you. You may be surprised how the Christmas Spirit stays with you all through the year.

Let's celebrate, friends. Let's celebrate. :)

Good Morning DoYouHear. A bit late for your post, but I enjoyed it none the less. Yes, it can be tough and lonely at times. But when I remember (as I do each year), how much has been sacrificed by Jesus (the one for whom Christmas was named) and so many countless others down through the centuries who have stood up for the day when many tried to extinguish the fire it kindles, a combination of sadness and joy fills me to overflowing and I can never let it die.
So even though some many ignore it and some refuse to acknowledge the day. It is truly a Holiday for the entire world. Let us celebrate indeed.
Thanks for your time and heartfelt words.
A Christmas Wish.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning ~
Happy Saturday!
It's going to be sunny today with a high of 50, we're currently at 37 degrees. I've been awake for awhile, Maggie didn't sleep well last night. Just relaxing now with a cup of coffee and watching the news. I have to get moving soon and start breakfast, my youngest has an early class on Saturdays. I plan on going food shopping this morning. I also need to call the veterinarian to make an appointment for my cat Bella. She was just there recently because of her allergies but doesn't seem to have gotten much relief. Hopefully they can squeeze her in today. Other than that I'll be working on the laundry. And we have plans to go out for dinner later this evening with my BIL & SIL, I'm looking forward to that. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend <3

View attachment 33782
Hi there HMG. Looks like we are currently a little cooler than you are (31), but will be just slightly warmer (51). I hope Maggie feels better and that Bella is fine after her visit. Enjoy your Saturday and hopefully you will have a moment for yourself as well.
Good Morning Happy Saturday.jpg

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Bless your heart for having the courage and faith to go through that and come out the wonderful person you are. (((HUG)))
thank you. When i look back over the years I marvel at what we went through and how it all turned out good in the end. I listened to my now grown kids talking once and all they mentioned was how much fun they had growing up. I am grateful they do not remember all the hard times (or maybe choose not to )

You all are so kind and encouraging. It's made me smile to read all of your posts today. SO glad to be a part of the MMC community!

I am about to crash-running my very first HALF MARATHON tomorrow morning in 32 degree (0 degrees C!!!) weather! WOOOO!

Have a wonderful evening dear Christmas ones!
good luck on your run today, at least the running will keep you warm.

Good morning ~
Happy Saturday!

View attachment 33782
sounds like a busy day for you. I finished kneading dough for a loaf of sourdough bread and it is set aside to rise. It will be baked in time to enjoy with supper. LittleCS is coming over to bake the sections for her gingerbread house later this morning. I will be in my cake room working on my entry for the cake competition. Right now I am making the left over sourdough into pancakes for breakfast. Also enjoying the peace of this frosty morning.
Have a great day, hope all feel better soon.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday! And Happy Veterans Day to all our US friends & Happy Remembrance day to all our Canadian friends! Thanks to all who have served & those currently serving!

I had a good time with the girls last night. Most of our hubby's crashed our party too, but we didn't hear much from them all night. Girls on this side, boys on that side. Ha ha! ;) Didn't get home til midnight & then had to play with my Gracie girl for a bit, so I'm a little sleepy today but not too bad....IT'S FRIDAY!!! :D

Everyone, have a Fabulous Friday!!!

Morning Holiday. Thanks for the well wishes to all those serving or have served. I can remember a time just after the Vietnam War when this day was almost ignored and the ones doing the fighting criticized for their service with very few thanks. It is reassuring that bad times will pass and good times return to all our service men and women.
Glad you had a fun night & enjoy the day...

Happy Saturday Garfield.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good afternoon and Happy Friday to all! :)

Good morning K.G. I hope that you are enjoying this Saturday and that Sunday brings you even more blessings and happiness.

Happy Saturday Sun.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Happy friday! I am off today so lots of errands to be done. I work all weekend so I have to make sure the store is ready and clean for when my boss comes back from Mexico Monday am
Happy Saturday morning NMC. Just wondering, do you get days off? ;)
Seems like you are always working, it is very admirable of you. And your work ethics are obviously far above what we see as the norm in the workplace today. Have some fun and take a moment to relax...

Happy Saturday Blessings.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image