Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday morning! It will be all sunshine and hot temperatures today. I woke up at 3am but found my way back to sleep around 4:15. I slept more but am feeling very groggy right now. I kept dreaming about work, which I hate, but in one of my dreams we had received our first Christmas merchandise so that was fun. We’ll be heading out early to go grocery shopping, there’s nothing left in the apartment to make lunch or supper with (but we still have breakfast staples). I also have to do a bit of shopping for work. We learned yesterday that our company’s vice-president will come at the end of the mont so we have things to organize. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Weekend Thresholders.

Yes, my Friends, it's not only the first day of the weekend, it's the last day of the second third of our Season count which, of course, makes tomorrow a
MILESTONE DAY!

To the numbers then, with vigor:
Days to the Season: 123
Days to Christmas Day: 165

The FINAL third of our Christmas Season count begins tomorrow, Folks.
And by the way, have you been looking at that declining first number?
And have you noted just how close it is to double-digits??
(The year has been slipping away from us faster than we think!)

Quite warm again yesterday, but it didn't seem too bad. (Or, perhaps I'm just getting used to the H&H rut we are in.)
This morning has started calm/sunny and we are already up to 79 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everybody!
Enjoy day I of your Weekend.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Weekend Thresholders.

Yes, my Friends, it's not only the first day of the weekend, it's the last day of the second third of our Season count which, of course, makes tomorrow a
MILESTONE DAY!

To the numbers then, with vigor:
Days to the Season: 123
Days to Christmas Day: 165

The FINAL third of our Christmas Season count begins tomorrow, Folks.
And by the way, have you been looking at that declining first number?
And have you noted just how close it is to double-digits??
(The year has been slipping away from us faster than we think!)

Quite warm again yesterday, but it didn't seem too bad. (Or, perhaps I'm just getting used to the H&H rut we are in.)
This morning has started calm/sunny and we are already up to 79 degrees.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everybody!
Enjoy day I of your Weekend.
Thanks Crown! Happy Summery Saturday!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Thanks so much, Meceka!

You're welcome, sugar!

Continued prayers!

Thank you so much, Sugar! xx

Good morning MMC friends...Hope everyone is all well today...Busy weekend ahead for the family...Kids have friends over for a sleepover so no peace in the house tonite lol...mom and dad are coming out for lunch today to spend some time with the girls...Tomorrow the family are going to visit some old lighthouses that have an open day so looking forward to that...Have a fun weekend ahead MMC friends:)

Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend, my friend! I've always wanted to do a lighthouse tour ~ take pictures!! xx

Good Merry Morning +cGettin' my Jolly on!

My dad and I were trying to play things by ear, but yesterday realized neither of us are that spontaneous and want to have a rough idea of where we will be sleeping while we're travelling together. Especially important for the first night.

I grabbed a bunch of free maps from CAA for my dad to check out. We will share the driving, but will have to rely on his GPS a few times as some of the directions for our destinations are unfamiliar to us.

I'm checking out "things to do" in a few places.

I will start packing this afternoon; surprised I'm not packed already.

O'Malley the cat will be going to spend time with the crazy cat lady; I'll stay to visit for about two hours and see how they take to each other. I bought him a new litter pan, food dishes, a placemat for his dishes and a new medium sized plush cat bed that is rectangular with a slight edge in a sand colour and much flatter than the old one. I sprayed it with a bit of my husband's cologne otherwise he'll have to make himself comfy on Sandy's floor.

Oddly enough the hard part for me will be sleeping all alone here tonight. I'll likely go to sleep with some music playing softly in the background. It's not the quiet or being alone that bothers me; it's blocking out my crazy thoughts. I have to remind myself that I sleep alone when I'm traveling for work so it's no big deal.

They're calling for rain later today, but right now it's blue skies with a few white clouds.

There are heat warnings for the direction we're heading in tomorrow so I'm glad my dad had the air conditioning fixed in the car.

I'll get a chance to post early tomorrow over coffee before we head out.

I am not taking my laptop with me. I need a new one (I'll pick something up for Back to School Deals) and this one actually belongs to work so I can't afford to have anything go wrong with it.

I will be 9 days merry and social media free. I don't have my work email added to my phone so it will be a true vacation.

Keep a merry thought in your head -mistletoe-

Have a merry and safe trip, Auntie! xx

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Well, the cat is at his first ever home away from home (although technically my place was his first home away from home as a kitten).

It wasn't easy to leave him because I know he doesn't quite understand what transpired there.

I set up his litter box, cat bed (with a shirt of my husband's), his placemat and dishes; Sandy his caretaker for the next while fetched him some water and offered some dry kibble.

I didn't force him out of his cage, I just opened the door talked to him a few times and then chatted with Sandy for nearly two hours.

He was still in his cage when I left; kind of broke my heart, but I do think he'll like Sandy once he warms up to her. He doesn't have to stay in the spare room the whole time; she said he'll have the run of the place (it's all one level). She wouldn't take my money for looking after him so I'll have to pick up a souvenir or two on my travels.

Ten minutes after I left, the thunder hit; it's quit now, but I hope O'Malley won't stay in the cage too long, but it's a safe place to retreat to when he's scared.

At least I know I'm returning for him, I'm not sure what he thinks because he's not a person he's a cat.

Sandy has my cell number and the Vet's number in case of an emergency, but I don't anticipate any.

I'm nearly packed - decided to wait until I dropped him off so he wouldn't get spooked and attack me again although I did pack for an overnight since the last biting incident and he didn't tackle me. Better safe than sorry. Just going to throw my toiletries together and then I'm all set.

Looking forward to sleeping in until 5:30 tomorrow - bet I don't.

Stay Jolly!
:ornarment

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Well, the cat is at his first ever home away from home (although technically my place was his first home away from home as a kitten).

It wasn't easy to leave him because I know he doesn't quite understand what transpired there.

I set up his litter box, cat bed (with a shirt of my husband's), his placemat and dishes; Sandy his caretaker for the next while fetched him some water and offered some dry kibble.

I didn't force him out of his cage, I just opened the door talked to him a few times and then chatted with Sandy for nearly two hours.

He was still in his cage when I left; kind of broke my heart, but I do think he'll like Sandy once he warms up to her. He doesn't have to stay in the spare room the whole time; she said he'll have the run of the place (it's all one level). She wouldn't take my money for looking after him so I'll have to pick up a souvenir or two on my travels.

Ten minutes after I left, the thunder hit; it's quit now, but I hope O'Malley won't stay in the cage too long, but it's a safe place to retreat to when he's scared.

At least I know I'm returning for him, I'm not sure what he thinks because he's not a person he's a cat.

Sandy has my cell number and the Vet's number in case of an emergency, but I don't anticipate any.....
Carl says he will drop by at some point to visit with O'Malley for a while.
Those two are pretty tight now, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image