Warner Robins, GA
Happy Friday the 13th Eve!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I wonder how close we are to seeing Halloween candy on shelves. I know it's still May and much too early to be thinking about these things, but since we're almost back on our "road to the Bers" it would just be cool to see.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I wonder how close we are to seeing Halloween candy on shelves. I know it's still May and much too early to be thinking about these things, but since we're almost back on our "road to the Bers" it would just be cool to see.
Halloween candy last year was plentiful by the beginning of August, so I would think the first sightings in late July would not be uncommon. So that puts us at about 2 1/2 months away, by my estimation!!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Okay, I really gotta call you on this @The_Escalation: it is never "much to early" when it comes to thinking of all things Halloween, especially when it comes to candy.-santa dance-

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 18
DAYS TO THE BERS: 111
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 141
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 171

Camp Crystal Lake.JPG

Good Morning Halloween Friends, Happy Friday the 13th! I'm looking forward to coming home tonight after work and catching up with our old pal Jason. I wonder what he has been up to since the last time I saw him back in March.

I love Friday the 13ths, they are almost like little mini Jack O Lantern Days. We only get one this year, and it is today!

So enjoy your Friday, Friday the 13th, and if you decide to do anything creepy or Halloween themed, I'd love to hear about it in the forum here!

Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 17
DAYS TO THE BERS: 110
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 140
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 170

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Today's the post Friday the 13th edition of our daily Halloween countdown!

I couldn't have asked for a better evening to take in some Halloween feels. When I got home from work, my Dad's neighbor was burning some branches and sticks in a burn barrel, and the smell of smoke was lazily wafting over the back yard. It was gloomy and cloudy all day with off and on rain showers. I didn't even have to go to my own Jason collection, AMC was doing a marathon. That's how I spent the rest of my evening, lounging on the couch and watching Jason do what he does best. Plus I picked up this new track for my Halloween playlist, it's a real burner. It's called "Hot Ice", from the Friday the 13th part 3 soundtrack:

Let's talk quickly about our counts this morning. Perfect symmetry in the zero's, and the big zero today says that we are now 110 days from The Bers. I suppose the "Final Approach" towards 100 days starts tomorrow as we break into the single digits on the way down to 100. What an exciting day it will be. Plus we are about 2 weeks away now from the next Dark Arts Sunday, and JOL Day.

Have a great day, friends!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
We had our first big thunderstorm for Friday the 13th. It was a slow moving storm with lots of lightning so I am glad that I had not planned on watching a scary movie!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I had never seen the 1950s movie, "War of the Worlds" so I watched that last night to celebrate Friday the 13th. Of course, it was long before CGI so the special effects were dated, but the rest of it held up and was true to the radio show and H.G. Wells' book. When we talk about spooky Halloween things, that night of October 30, 1938 when Americans really thought we were being invaded from outer space must have been something.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Okay, now I think I have seen it all. I have a certain kind of lip balm I really like and I needed to re-order. As I was trying to find it on Amazon, I saw a product called Bee Bella Lip Balm and it has--are you ready-- a pumpkin spice flavor.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
So there is a local pop up bakery by us that is open for business on Saturdays. They are a young couple but i noticed the bakery is decorated in kind of gothic style. I told my wife this past week that i would guess that they love Halloween by what i saw at the store and I was hoping they did the theme when the season comes upon us.

Well today I saw on Facebook that all items will be Halloween themed for a Half way to Halloween celebration this Saturday. And as i suspected they mentioned there love for Halloween.
So I went to the bakery today and we got some spooky treats. They had the outside and inside decorated for Halloween. It was really cool and brought on the Halloween vibe.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 16
DAYS TO THE BERS: 109
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 139
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 169

Good Morning Halloween Friends! At long last the magic day is finally here where we enter into single-digits on our way down to the 100 Days to The Bers milestone.

And it couldn't come at a better time, as I think the "Sweat Fest" is finally here. Nothing gets the emotions stirred like suffering through a hot and humid day, dreaming of Fall.

Have a great day, friends! Keep Halloween thoughts in your head.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 16
DAYS TO THE BERS: 109
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 139
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 169

Good Morning Halloween Friends! At long last the magic day is finally here where we enter into single-digits on our way down to the 100 Days to The Bers milestone.

And it couldn't come at a better time, as I think the "Sweat Fest" is finally here. Nothing gets the emotions stirred like suffering through a hot and humid day, dreaming of Fall.

Have a great day, friends! Keep Halloween thoughts in your head.
The days of suffering are close.
humid-150_1535981795.png

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Morning Halloween Fans! We are moving along here and seeing those counts looking good. May doesn't feel as much like October as April did. That's ok though. I remember it all summer. Have a great day!
April was great and it was very October-like. May hasn't had the same, but May is a very busy month just like November, maybe I need to embrace it as such.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image