Halloween 2022 Countdown!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
As several of you have said, Halloween ends on Halloween night and I immediately move to Christmas. There is no down time at all.

Ohio towns do something that is a bit strange too. Beggar's night (Trick or Treat) is not on Halloween night very often. Many towns in my area make sure Beggar's night is on a week night and NEVER on a weekend. Even stranger, in the towns right by me, they typically have it on a Thursday night (though occasionally on a Tuesday or Wednesday). So, this has created an issue for me. When does Halloween actually end. When my kids went Trick or Treating, that was pretty much the end of Halloween for me. Henry did not go last year but might this year with his girlfriend's family to take her little siblings out. But again, that will likely not be on Halloween but the Thursday before (even though Halloween is a Monday this year). As a result of the day difference, I have been known to have the inside Halloween decor down on Halloween and putting up the Christmas tree on Halloween.

This year, it is likely that Christmas decorating will occur the first week of November inside the house. The outside stuff is usually the following week, but it all just depends on what we have going on and when we can get it done.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
As I have mentioned before, normally our inside Halloween decor will go up Labor Day weekend or the following weekend. However, my wife mentioned the other day that she was considering putting it up this coming weekend before school starts just so there is not the added stress right at the start of the new school year. I am not sure if we are going to do that or not as she just started a project of completely redoing her craft/work room. But, I am totally in favor of putting it up. I am completely in the Halloween mood!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
For me, like others have said, Halloween ends when I got to bed on October 31 and the Halloween decorations go down and the Thanksgiving decorations go up on November 1. Although I love, love, love October, there is no time to focus on that because Thanksgiving is on its way!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Halloween season ends on Halloween night for me. There are no post season blues because Thanksgiving/Christmas follow. That is an added bonus of Halloween.
That’s right friend! The beauty of the “bonus months” !

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 15
DAYS TO THE BERS: 16
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 46
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 76

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Tuesday. Tomorrow we will mark being only TWO WEEKS from our final Jack O Lantern Day of the 2022 Season, as well as being just one day away from being TWO WEEKS away from The Bers. Holy Falling leaves!

Our weather here has been nothing short of amazing. Very cool over night lows now, and the next 10 days, no day higher than 80 degrees. We should roll into September with just gorgeous weather, weather very deserving of the term "Sweet Spot".

Getting very close to having my Halloween movie list all finished up. Looking forward to sharing it on here, and maybe seeing the posts of others as far as their TV "playlists" go!

Have a great day, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 15
DAYS TO THE BERS: 16
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 46
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 76

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Tuesday. Tomorrow we will mark being only TWO WEEKS from our final Jack O Lantern Day of the 2022 Season, as well as being just one day away from being TWO WEEKS away from The Bers. Holy Falling leaves!

Our weather here has been nothing short of amazing. Very cool over night lows now, and the next 10 days, no day higher than 80 degrees. We should roll into September with just gorgeous weather, weather very deserving of the term "Sweet Spot".

Getting very close to having my Halloween movie list all finished up. Looking forward to sharing it on here, and maybe seeing the posts of others as far as their TV "playlists" go!

Looking forward to seeing your list, too!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
For me, like others have said, Halloween ends when I got to bed on October 31 and the Halloween decorations go down and the Thanksgiving decorations go up on November 1. Although I love, love, love October, there is no time to focus on that because Thanksgiving is on its way!
Same.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
My Halloween Playlist:

Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus 2
The Adams Family
Hocus Pocus
Haunted Mansion
Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus
Sleepy Hollow
Hocus Pocus
Casper
Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus
Ghostbusters
Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus
It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
;)

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
We have decided to have a HOC
My Halloween Playlist:

Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus 2
The Adams Family
Hocus Pocus
Haunted Mansion
Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus
Sleepy Hollow
Hocus Pocus
Casper
Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus
Ghostbusters
Hocus Pocus
Hocus Pocus
It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
;)
We have decided to have a Hocus Pocus 2 viewing party the night it comes out. We will get take out, have lots of snacks and comfy pajamas and if it is good loving it, and if it is bad making fun of it. I don't know if we will watch the original Hocus Pocus first, but whatever we do, we are going to have a great time.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 14
DAYS TO THE BERS: 15
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 45
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 75

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Today marks exactly TWO WEEKS from our FINAL Jack O Lantern Day of 2022! The very last one is always special! I bring out the ceramic "Halloween Tree" to light up that evening to signify that "The Bers" are finally back. It is a wonderful tradition I have embraced the past few years that seems as natural as toting out those bins of lights the 3rd week of October and "staging" them on the lawn.

Guys - you can stand outside now and feel The Bers knocking on the door. Tomorrow we will celebrate being only two weeks away. That's Edge's thread so I'm not going to chime too much about them, but I feel like tomorrow will be a big day in the thread.

The weather here continues to be almost dreamy for late August. Overnight lows down into the 50's, and the hottest days coming up are only 80. We can really feel that humidity decreasing as well.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Today marks exactly TWO WEEKS from our FINAL Jack O Lantern Day of 2022! The very last one is always special! I bring out the ceramic "Halloween Tree" to light up that evening to signify that "The Bers" are finally back. It is a wonderful tradition I have embraced the past few years that seems as natural as toting out those bins of lights the 3rd week of October and "staging" them on the lawn.

Guys - you can stand outside now and feel The Bers knocking on the door. Tomorrow we will celebrate being only two weeks away. That's Edge's thread so I'm not going to chime too much about them, but I feel like tomorrow will be a big day in the thread.

The weather here continues to be almost dreamy for late August. Overnight lows down into the 50's, and the hottest days coming up are only 80. We can really feel that humidity decreasing as well.

My mom says they're having the same type of weather in N.E. Indiana. I'm so jealous.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

I was at Michael's last night and saw those Halloween trees. I almost bought one for myself. They had so much awesome Halloween stuff there, and even some Christmas stuff out on display too! That's more than Hobby Lobby has done!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
We went to At Home Monday night and picked up three new Halloween decorations. I put the yard sign in the landscaping, hoping that Michelle wouldn't notice, but the next day she grabbed it and put it in the garage before I got home from work. She said "Nice try!"

IMG_4886.jpg IMG_4887.jpg

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 16
DAYS TO THE BERS: 17
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 47
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 77

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 6
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 10

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's another Monday, and a new week to think about Halloween, and hopefully organize and prepare our Halloween movies and shows. I had an outstanding weekend with the first two days of Fall decorating going well and putting me in a Halloween-ish mood. I'm excited to finish up this week and just kind of sit back and take it all in, and enjoy it. I'm also hoping to have my Halloween movie play-list all finished up by this weekend. This is also the last time on a Monday we will come in here and see the "Weeks to Halloween" count be in double digits.

Yesterday in the Thanksgiving thread, we were discussing the negative aspect of Christmas Day evening, and how for some of us, that's the worst day of the year. It for sure is my worst day of the year. It made me think of today's Monday topic, and I think now, well ahead of "Spooky/Halloween Season", and something that we don't have to worry about for quite a while:

When does Halloween / Halloween season mentally end for you, and do you go through any kind of "doldrums" or Seasonal blues?

Halloween season for me obviously physically ends when the Christmas lights go up outside and the Halloween lights / decorations are put away. But mentally, Halloween sort of "Hangs on" for a few more days following the conclusion of Halloween night. Last year, there was still a Halloween/Michael Myers marathon going on for the first half of November 1st! Needless to say it was an odd combination of having "still" happy feelings for Halloween, against the backdrop of Christmas decorations going up everywhere. But I think those remaining "feels" are pretty much gone by that first weekend of November. I'm fortunate that I don't really get any "doldrums" of Halloween season, mainly because of the outstanding "bonus months" of November and 3/4ths of December, before the Feels / yearning come roaring back in January when I can finally see spooky events and milestones coming back to the calendar.

Have a great day, friends! We're halfway through August now, and almost in "the home stretch". Think of Pumpkins and Ghosts!
For me, Halloween ends on November 2nd/3rd, and I have had years when the first 10-14 days of November have dragged by (drug by?), and been absolutely painful. My Halloween decorations are some of my very favorite and I don't have as many Thanksgiving decorations to make the change exciting. I especially miss my Halloween Village and the Christmas Village doesn't go up until the Sunday before Thanksgiving at the earliest.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image