***Official American Idol Thread***

sgrover

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 1, 2006
Midwest, USA
I'm still in shock, can't believe he didn't make it to the final 2. But, it's actually probably better for him. I've heard that the contract the Idol winner gets, often isn't as good as what the other top contenders can negotiate. My husband said Randy Jackson probably already has the paperwork ready for him to sign for a deal with him!

I know he'll still have a great singing career, just look at Chris Daughtry. I know I'll be buying his first CD when it comes out!

Next week, I'm going for Kris.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I missed the show last night because the power went out but I can't belive danny went home. I agree that it is probally better for him in the long run but now I don't really care to watch next week.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
I am surprised that Chris is still in the running. Oh well.

Am I the only one who has to mute the tv when some of the guest sing? Last week it was that group "No Doubt", that was horrible and this week it was that girl, Katy something. LOL, I would love to hear Simon give his opinion on their performances.

Jordin Sparks was great and she looked beautiful. It was nice to see her.

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
I think this review of all the hype Adam is getting just about nails it. Yeah, it's from my little sister but I think she has a fair point -- Lambert gets more press, more media, more breaks, and more exposure than the other contestants...and is that fair in a competition?

The real voting comes not from people pushing buttons on cell phones it comes from people pushing buttons on remotes. Adam Lambert isn't all that compelling...he's being force fed to the American public and some are responding by just not watching.

I bailed on Idol weeks ago when it became clear to me what was going on. I'm not sure I'll be back.

usafvet

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Lifer
Dec 28, 2006
Central Texas
I'm not even going to bother watching the finale. Everyone knows Adam will win the show and will then have 15 minutes of fame, followed a lameduck career. If you look at past seasons, at least the other finale constestants had a possible shot at competing against one another. Clay Aiken had a close shot at competing against Reuben, so much that they both got record labels. Bo Bice had a shot to compete against Carrie Underwood, Taylor Hicks had good competition against Katherine McPhee, and Both David's of last season were good competition against one another. The only season I can think of where one contestant probably had an advantage over the other was the season before last when Jordin Sparks beat out that beat box guy. In my opinion, that was a very weak season anyhow, but not as weak and lopsided as this season and what this finale will be if you ask me.

I don't think Adam Lambert will be a very popular artist in time. Sure, he'll start off alright, but he'll be forgotten after his 15 minutes of fame. I think the judges made themselves look like idiots by saying that Adam was a "rock God", particularly with Slash sitting in the audience. I bet Slash was thinking "Alright, the kid is not too bad in this show...I'll give him credit for that, but to compare and him by saying he is a rock God with the likes of Metallica, Ozzy, Zeplin, Iron Maiden, and other rock legends?! Give me a break".

He'll be a joke in the rock business. It won't be long before the little girls that are woeing over and voting for him now grow up and get over him, sort of like we all did to sesame street. They always do. On the flipside, I think if Danny Gokey decided to sing gospel music, he could have a very long successful career. Look at Mandisa and Chris Sligh, for example.

We'll see.

tsteffes

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Apr 17, 2009
I am interested to see who gets Danny's votes. It seems to me that Chris would have the biggest chance of getting Danny's votes as he is more like him. I have enjoyed the season even though my favorite is off (Danny).

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Well tonight is part one of the finale and I haven't decided if I am going to watch or not. i guess I will see how I feel when the time comes. I hope kris gets dannys votes though.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Well I don't think last night was all that great and I the song that that kara wrote was a horrible choice for both of them. The prediction site has Kris leading by 1 percent so we will see.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I can't belive Kris actually won. I am glad he did. I guess we know now where the danny voters went. Congrulations to Kris!!

Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Guess it is never too early to re-open the AI thread...look who has been named the new judge on American Idol? Ellen! What a brilliant move -- we've gone from unintended comedy (some would say tragedy) to pure slapstick. Brilliant! She's going to drive Simon NUTS.
you beat me to it! I was just coming here to mention that. The news guy this morning thinks it is a big mistake and that Ellen will loose her "likability" because she will now have to tell people they suck.
I agree with you Jeff, I think it is great and she will bring a measure of comedy to the show and yes, drive Simon nuts!! LOL

Christmas-A-Holic

MMC Goodwill Ambassador
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Santa's Elf
Jun 21, 2009
Deep in the Heart of Texas!
I love American Idol and I am really going to miss Paula. I think Ellen will be very funny on there but thought they only picked people with musical experience. I am looking forward to next season seeing she will be on there. I can't wait!

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
I am not a huge fan of ellen but I think she will be better than paula. I agree that she will drive simon nuts.

Mr Walker

Merry KISSmas
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 19, 2008
Funny thing is that the other night my wife was talking about her 'girl crush' on Ellen. She was thrilled when I broke the news to her this morning... after her initial disappointment that the new judge wasn't going to be Richard Gere or Jon Bon Jovi.

joyful

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 25, 2006
northeast USA
I've been watching American Idol since the 2nd season. I really look forward to the new season except now I can't watch it since she's one of the judges. I'm very sad.
They could have picked anyone else but her.
But the show will go on and I hope it provides more opportunities for people to reach their dreams. I just won't be watching them achieve it.

snowberry

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 30, 2005
Missouri Ozarks
I kept hoping Paula would be back after all. The original 3 were fine. I never liked Kara and I can't see Ellen on AI. Oh well. We shall see.

snowberry (who thanks Jesus I know when to keep my mouth shut, sometimes)

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image