Thanksgiving 2019 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
THANKSGIVING 2019 COUNTDOWN
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 98 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 71 DAYS

Happy Late August! Oh and it's another Thursday which means we have the Weekly Countdown to Thanksgiving also. That Countdown is actually at 14 weeks now! And our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 98 days (do the math it works out). Our Countdown to November is at 71 days. That's 10 weeks from tomorrow! The weeks part of our count is becoming more and more significant. That's another sign of what's coming. 10 days till the Bers. How about that? And then we're really on our road to November and Thanksgiving. All just an awesome time of year coming. Almost here sooner than we expected. We better remember this when we're sitting down for our Thanksgiving Dinner how fast it went and not to rush it next year. For now let's all enjoy our Thursday as much as we can. Turkey fans unite. Have a great Late August Friday Eve!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 97 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 70 DAYS

Happy Made It To TGIF! Oh yes a glorious late summer Friday is here. Big weekend plans? I just think the weather this weekend is going to be fantastic here. Thankfully the humidity is lowering faster than our countdowns are (or is it?). Let's look. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is down to 97 days now. That's definitely getting lower well below 100 now. And our Countdown to November is down to 70 days. That translates to 10 weeks. WOW. 10 weeks till NOVEMBER? I think we better enjoy the 1st Half of the Bers first! That just sounds crazy close though. Before you know it we'll all be picking out our turkeys. Not too soon though I hope because I want to enjoy September/October first for sure. Those are 2 of my favorite months of the year. No signs of turkey anywhere yesterday but I'm sure they are around as usual. Have a great Made It To TGIF!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 96 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 69 DAYS

Happy Weekend Before Labor Day Weekend! A beautiful Saturday is in store for us with highs in the upper 70s with low humidity and sunshine. Just gorgeous weather. It's a nice break in the humidity. Soon we'll be wearing coats again and be a little chilly. Won't that feel great? Well this also feels great on a Saturday morning and that is our 2 countdowns here in this thread. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is now at 96 days. Our Countdown to November is at 69 days. Interesting. They are the same # backwards! Ha. Well that's pretty cool. And I'm a big fan of Saturday mornings. It's my favorite time of any day of any week. And speaking of favorite days well we all know here that Thanksgiving is at the very top of the list out of the 365 day calendar we have this year. Just great stuff for all of us fans of cranberry sauce and biscuits. Have a great Weekend Before Labor Day Weekend!​

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 95 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 68 DAYS

Happy Week Till The Bers! It's Sunday folks that would be Part 2 of your Weekend. That's awesome isn't it? As much as I try to enjoy every day as much as I can there's still nothing better than Saturday and Sunday mornings. Just waking up and not having to go to work and and be on a tighter schedule. It's nice to take it easy and look at our Thanksgiving 2019 Countdowns this morning with a little ease. Maybe not so much ease after looking at them though. The Countdown to Thanksgiving stands at 95 days now. And the Countdown to November is at 68 days. Wednesday we will reach our 9th 28th! Our 9th!!! That's ridiculous but it's true and we'll hit the 3/4 marker to Thanksgiving Day. Be here then. We'll all celebrate it just like we do every marker. For now, I hope you all enjoy today as much as possible. Have a great Week Till The Bers!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 94 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 67 DAYS

Happy Final Week of August! This is it folks. The Bers hit this coming holiday weekend. I've got 4 days of work to have 4 days off as I'm taking off this Friday. This will be my last little break before the Bers and then it's all about the Bers the rest of the year. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 94 days to start off this final week of August. And our Countdown to November is at 67 days to start off that very same week. Both counts have been amazing. On Wednesday we'll reach our next milestone which is our 9th 28th. Geez. That's crazy. I loved when we reached our 1st and 2nd but 9th? How the heck did that happen? It's just been too fast of a year. But we have the best months ahead of us still. I hope you all enjoy today like a turkey enjoying his day. I hope this final week of August treats you well before we make it "home" to the Bers. Have a great start to the Final Week of August!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 93 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 66 DAYS

Happy Labor Day Looming! Oh yeah do you feel that special feeling this week that I feel? It's almost like the feeling I get the week before Thanksgiving. The anticipation for the Bers is in the air and you can cut it with a knife. The Countdown to Thanksgiving is now at 93 days. Knocked off a week since 100 already. The Countdown to November is at Double 6's today at 66. Both looking mighty fine if you ask me. How's your week going? I know it's still early in the week. I am off Friday so I'm looking forward to a 4 day holiday weekend. That will be very similar to Thanksgiving Break. And that's something I know most of us love and look forward to more than anything all year long. For today I hope you all wave to a turkey if you see one. Have a great Labor Day Looming Tuesday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 92 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 65 DAYS

Happy Last Pines Day of August! We are continuing our final days before the Bers hit. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 92 days. Our Countdown to November is 65 days. Boom. Both moving down but we have a milestone to celebrate! Today is the 28th! This is our 9th 28th of the countdown! How's that make you feel? Awesome? Amazing? I hope it does because it makes me feel that way. 9 down and 3 to go. That is a big jump. 75% of the way. We've only got 25% to go. That's how math works folks. It's amazing isn't it? Well I hope you all are enjoying your Mid-Week. It's been a good week so far here and I hope yours has as well. Turkeyfied is the way to go this time of year as we approach the Bers. Let's all get excited. Have a great Last Pines Day of August!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 91 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 64 DAYS

Happy August Winding Down! Oh yeah we're winding down the Non-Bers portion of the year which leaves us with the best portion to go. 91 days till the Bers. That is 13 weeks since it's Thursday! Yikes 13. 64 days till November. Oh man that's like 9 weeks from tomorrow! Oh where has this year gone? It's scary to think how fast time went once we hit March. It feels like these last 6 months have gone too fast. And now the next 4 are OUR 4 months. How do we slow it down? I think the best way to slow down time is to enjoy the little things more. Take in that lunch at work you have when you're relaxing eating and enjoying a nice Autumn Day outside. Don't rush anything. Let's just take it all in when it's here. It still may not go slow but at least we'll enjoy it more so that will make it seem slower. Have a great August Winding Down Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 90 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 63 DAYS

Happy Next to Last Day of August! It's a 4 day break for me and the last one until? You guessed it. Thanksgiving! And our Countdown this Friday morning is at an even 90 days till Thanksgiving. We have knocked off 10 days already since we reached 100. Our Countdown to November is at 63 days which translates on this Friday morning to 9 weeks. Think about it folks. SINGLE DIGITS in weeks now until NOVEMBER arrives. That makes the Halloween fan in me realize it's time to get serious about the Halloween Season. That's always the setup for Thanksgiving time and November. It sure is getting late fast isn't it? Better enjoy the next 48 hours and then hit the Bers feeling great. We need to enjoy every step that we can during the Bers. We can't waste much time. This is the time of year we all wait for. And it starts in less than 48 hours. Unreal huh turkey fans? Have a great Next to Last Day of August!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 89 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 62 DAYS

Happy Last Day of August! Should I say Happy Saturday? I always love Saturday morning the most! But how about Happy Last Non-Bers Day of 2019? Or Happy Bers Eve? It's truly a BIG DAY folks here no matter which way you look at it. This is the final day of the year where it's not a Bers Day. Let that hit you for a second. Amazing isn't it? Well now let's look at our Countdowns. First we have our Countdown to Thanksgiving which is at 89 days. It snuck under 90 now. And our Countdown to November is at 62 days. You can see we're just above 2 months and those 2 months are both BERS month folks. This is the last time I'm posting a countdown for 2019 and we're not in the season of the Bers. That's incredible isn't it? Today is the day to make your final plans for the Bers because tomorrow it will be here! The best 4 month stretch of the year with Thanksgiving being a huge part of it and also of course November overall. We love it here in this thread. Have a great Last Day of August (The Bers are Coming!!!)!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 88 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 61 DAYS

Happy September Arrives! We made it home everyone. We are in the Bers now! This is an incredible feeling. This is truly the beginning of the 4 months we have been waiting for the last 8 months. And it's an awesome thing. We're in the Bers. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at Double 8s today at 88 days. The Countdown to November is at 61 days. You can see we have these 61 days between September and October to enjoy and bask in the 1st half of the Bers before reaching it. Let's all do that. I really want to take it all in this Bers Season for these are the 4 months that are always in my heart and soul above the other 8. One big reason for that is November and Thanksgiving of course. That's what we countdown in this thread but enjoy every step of the way here because it's truly a special 4 month stretch. Have a great and I do mean great 1st Bers day of 2019. Have a great September Arrives!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 87 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 60 DAYS

Happy Labor Day! A big holiday here and the end of summer time for many. This is a huge turning point in the year of course being in the VERY early stages of the Bers thankfully. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving stands at 87 days on this fine Labor Day morning. And the Countdown to November is now down to an even 60 days. We knocked off 40 days since we started that countdown at 100 which seems like only yesterday. It's a great feeling to be in the Bers I have to tell you all. I just felt better yesterday even walking around and doing simple daily things. Do you feel that magic yet? If not, I hope you get it today. It's such a better feeling. Not to knock the other 8 months but life just seems better being in the Bers. I love it and I know many of you do too. And now being on Labor Day we're on the road to Thanksgiving. This is it. Let's enjoy this ride together. Have a great Labor Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 86 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 59 DAYS

Happy Autumn Road! This is it folks. We're on the road to Thanksgiving now. The long summer road from Memorial Day to Labor Day is gone. We are in the Bers. Kids are going back to school. Most adults are going back to work full time now. There aren't any major holidays coming in the next couple of months. Autumn officially arrives in 20 days. This is it. We're on the road to Thanksgiving. 86 days remain till Thanksgiving 2019. 59 days remain till November 2019. Both are awesome and something we've been looking forward to since last November and Thanksgiving! But we don't want to rush it because we have a lot of great Autumnal things going on the next few months that most of us love also and want to enjoy on our way there. Turkey prep may not be one of them (just yet) but how about some apple picking and football season starting up? Have a great start to your Autumn Road!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 85 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 58 DAYS

Happy Back to School! Today is the day most kids around here go back to school. And some of them will groan. But why would we groan when we're in The Bers!? And those kids will definitely love their Autumn drive towards Thanksgiving Break. Speaking of that break let's look at our 2 countdowns this morning. We have 85 days until Thanksgiving. And we have 58 days till November arrives. Both counts moving along sweetly and nicely here in early September. We're in no rush to race through September that's for sure. We need it to stick around a while sort of like how we stick around at the dinner table for a while on November 28th. That surely will be a "take your time" eating day. And now folks I hope you all are well because it's Wednesday even though it feels like Tuesday. Have a great Back to School Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 84 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 57 DAYS

Happy Back to Football! Oh yeah the NFL is back on tonight. That's just another sign that Autumn is coming. It will officially be Autumn in 18 days. How exciting is that? And our Countdown to Thanksgiving has dropped to 84 days. Don't forget it's Thursday so that means 12 weeks! Wow a dozen weeks till Thanksgiving. We truly are on the road there. Our Countdown to November is even shockingly less at 57 days. Just sounds a little too close to comfort as we lower each count day by day here in the 1st week of September. Anyone already want to slow down the Bers some? I do. I wish they would slow down already but they haven't yet. I'm hoping they will soon for a while so we can take it all in nice and slowly like a turkey taking its time across the road. Have a great Back to Football Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 83 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 56 DAYS

Happy First Friday of September! We made it to the first one. These Fridays during the Bers are special. Our countdowns are special too. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 83 days. Our Countdown to November is at 56 days. That would be 8 weeks from today. Oh boy. Just 8 weeks till that magical month of November arrives. Yikes! Better enjoy the ride folks. It's here now and there's no more looking ahead only at today. And we are all lucky to be in September. It's a great feeling. It's the best feeling. And yet the "best" of the best feelings is still to come and that would be Thanksgiving. Strutting like a turkey towards the weekend. That's the next stop on this Friday. I can't wait. Bers Weekends feel even more special than normal ones. Just makes it all better. Have a great First Friday of September!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 82 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 55 DAYS

Happy First Weekend of the Bers! This week really was such a huge transition. I think that's what Labor Day Week really is. We transitioned back to work, school and now football. And now we have BERS Weekends which to me are by far the best of the year. Today's Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 82 days. Sweet. And the Countdown to November has dropped to double nickles at 55! Wow we are almost at 50 now and we started it at 100! That will happen on Thursday so lets plan to celebrate that then ok? For now let's all celebrate that it's a Bers Saturday Morning. I have mentioned before how much I do love Saturday mornings. I think that I should actually start a thread about them somewhere here. Something just special about them. Anyway, maybe I will try to start one. For now, I hope you all enjoy your day. Have a great start to your First Weekend of the Bers!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 81 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 54 DAYS

Happy NFL Sunday! Now we're really back to football season and Sundays have a different feel through early February. This is the best time of year for football fans. And one of the biggest days of football all season happens on Thanksgiving Day with a triple header. Today's Countdown to Thanksgiving is now at 81 days. Pretty cool. And our Countdown to November has dropped to 54 days. Thursday ladies and gents we will hit 50 and be halfway from 100 to...umm 0. Yeah as in nothing. That's crazy. I'm glad we're in September though and still have several weeks to enjoy it. I am definitely starting to think more Halloween thoughts right now and then focusing on Thanksgiving/Christmas of course too. It's that time of year when its the Bers. This is great. I hope you all enjoy your Sunday. Have a great NFL Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 80 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 53 DAYS

Happy Settling Into September! A long week is upon us. But these are Bers weeks which make evenings and weekends more special than the rest of the year too. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is at 80 days. Our Countdown to November is at 53 days. That November Countdown will reach the big 50 on Thursday so we'll acknowledge it then as we head halfway home from 100 to 0. Boy that's just crazy we'll be really heading home for November before you know it. Luckily we still have a good 3 full weeks of September to enjoy (+1 day). That's nice. It's nice to know that our time of year isn't far away now but it's still all ahead of us. Those are nice thoughts and feelings to have this time of year. It's been a fun summer but going to be an even better Autumn. Have a great Settling Into September Monday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Countdown to Thanksgiving 2019: 79 DAYS
Countdown to November 2019: 52 DAYS

Happy Double Digits September! We have 2 countdowns here every day and today is no different. Our Countdown to Thanksgiving is now at 79 days. Moving right along through that countdown which incredibly started at 370 days. Our Countdown to November is at 52. We will in only 2 days reach the big 50. Halfway from 100 to...umm 0. That folks is like a home stretch when you reach 50. We have fortunately the 2nd half of September and all of the wonderful month of October ahead of us before that though. And that is a time of year I feel so awesome. I love the Halloween Season. And it's almost upon us. You can feel it. Now it just needs to start to cool off some which may not happen till Autumn arrives in 13 days. Have a great Double Digits September!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image