Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I really need to be more diligent with stopping by this thread on Thursdays.

As i have mentioned on here dozens of times, Thanksgiving 2020 has been a lot more on my heart recently, have no idea if it is because of the pandemic, or if it is just from growing older, whatever, but i have felt more excitement for this approaching Thanksgiving, than any other year.

Under 100 days now until Thanksgiving, that's just amazing. I look forward to following these threads in 2021 - Thanksgiving, Halloween, THE BERS, and obviously Christmas countdown. I have had so much fun following these countdowns to the best times of the year, and I really thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who has contributed, these little countdowns make my life happier!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 97 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 72 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 11 DAYS

Happy August TGIF! It's another summer Friday. How great is that? And thank you to CW for his post yesterday. He's been carrying us here all year long. We have 97 days left until Thanksgiving, 72 days left until November and 11 days left until The Bers. That's 3 counts moving ahead. TOMORROW folks we hit the HOME STRETCH for The Bers as we reach 10 days left until it happens. How? HOW? I don't know but it's true. If you don't believe me show up here tomorrow to see the milestone posted. It will be a big one for sure for all of us to celebrate. And I'm looking forward to The Bers now big time as we get oh so close to them. It's been a fun journey through these 8 crazy months. Have a great August TGIF!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 97 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 72 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 11 DAYS

Happy August TGIF! It's another summer Friday. How great is that? And thank you to CW for his post yesterday. He's been carrying us here all year long. We have 97 days left until Thanksgiving, 72 days left until November and 11 days left until The Bers. That's 3 counts moving ahead. TOMORROW folks we hit the HOME STRETCH for The Bers as we reach 10 days left until it happens. How? HOW? I don't know but it's true. If you don't believe me show up here tomorrow to see the milestone posted. It will be a big one for sure for all of us to celebrate. And I'm looking forward to The Bers now big time as we get oh so close to them. It's been a fun journey through these 8 crazy months. Have a great August TGIF!​

Oh yeah, totally agree. I can feel it in the air, i really can. I can feel it building. I woke up this morning and had the weirdest sense of deja-vu or something. I was just imagining being on the verge of a lazy fall weekend, doing only light house and yard work. If i think hard enough, i could almost imagine the fall leaves in the trees and starting to fall on the ground. It was for sure a strange, but good feeling. It is coming quickly now.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
For some reason the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is in the news cycles today, even though there's no new information. Basically just a confirmation that it's still happening with some changes in place, but no elaboration. Strangely, even though this has been on Macy's website for a couple of weeks now, the media outlets are just now reporting it. Maybe some announcements are incoming soon?

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
For some reason the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is in the news cycles today, even though there's no new information. Basically just a confirmation that it's still happening with some changes in place, but no elaboration. Strangely, even though this has been on Macy's website for a couple of weeks now, the media outlets are just now reporting it. Maybe some announcements are incoming soon?

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 96 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 71 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 10 DAYS

Happy Late August Weekend! This month has been going too fast. I'm not sure why but July seemed a lot slower. Maybe it was the heat and humidity? Well these counts have been moving along with August. They are the following: 96 days till Thanksgiving, 71 days till November and 10 days till The Bers. MILESTONE DAY! Today we have reached the HOME STRETCH to The Bers as we are only 10 days away. How? HOW? Wasn't it just 100 not long ago? And what happened to when we started this count on January 1? It was 240+ days. Well that's how we have been keeping it going here in this thread. It has led us to the final 10 days. Who's excited this weekend about that? Have a great Late August Weekend!​

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire

I saw that on the news yesterday as well. I'm so happy they haven't cancelled it because I was completely expecting that they would. It's not Thanksgiving without watching at least some of it on TV.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
10_days_bers.png

Last edited:

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I saw that on the news yesterday as well. I'm so happy they haven't cancelled it because I was completely expecting that they would. It's not Thanksgiving without watching at least some of it on TV.
I hope I'm wrong. But do think it may be a bunch of small presentations? Performers on stages, bands filmed at their home stadiums, balloons spread out at different parks but stationary, Santa showing up inside of Macy's. And of course, lots and lots of commercials. The guy on the news said it's not going to be the same. :confused: Where is that vaccine? We need it now!!!

Ddeby

Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
MMC Member
Jul 7, 2012
New Hampshire
I hope I'm wrong. But do think it may be a bunch of small presentations? Performers on stages, bands filmed at their home stadiums, balloons spread out at different parks but stationary, Santa showing up inside of Macy's. And of course, lots and lots of commercials. The guy on the news said it's not going to be the same. :confused: Where is that vaccine? We need it now!!!

Yes, I'm sure they will have to tweak the parade to keep large crowds from gathering like is normally the case. But I'll take it. It's better than cancelling the entire thing. Hopefully the parade will be back in full force for 2021.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Yes, I'm sure they will have to tweak the parade to keep large crowds from gathering like is normally the case. But I'll take it. It's better than cancelling the entire thing. Hopefully the parade will be back in full force for 2021.
Here's to Thanksgiving 2021!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 95 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 70 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 9 DAYS

Happy Late August Sunday! Look at our counts this Sunday morning. 95 days till Thanksgiving, 70 days till November and 9 days till The Bers. No I didn't leave anything out. It actually is 9 days till The Bers. SINGLE DIGITS looks crazy doesn't it? Well our next milestone folks is 1 week from tomorrow when we close out the month of August. And you all know what happens the next day. The Bers count hits 0 and we begin our favorite time of the year. The Bers. 4 months of amazing fun, holiday stuff, autumn stuff, everything we love the most. And we need it and deserve it more this year than any other year we've ever had in our entire lives. Everyone agree with that statement? Have a great Late August Sunday!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Single digits to the Bers, I can hardly believe it, and yes, I definitely agree that I need it more this year than ever before!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image