Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Seeing some posts now about Halfway to Thanksgiving, and I just want to throw out my two cents, if there is any kind of serious interest into making that an actual "thing" here, like some of us are doing with "Halfoween", My family would be absolutely down to celebrate. Most everyone I know here on MMC does the whole halfway / Leon Day celebration, so I don't think this would be that different? Would this happen around May 27th?
We do ours in July to go with Christmas in July weekend. Its always hot here but we bought a used oven that I haul out of the shed to do turkeys in. Most that show up are either on vacation or take off Friday and Monday.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Seeing some posts now about Halfway to Thanksgiving, and I just want to throw out my two cents, if there is any kind of serious interest into making that an actual "thing" here, like some of us are doing with "Halfoween", My family would be absolutely down to celebrate. Most everyone I know here on MMC does the whole halfway / Leon Day celebration, so I don't think this would be that different? Would this happen around May 27th?
I always note that Halfway point. It's a milestone. And yeah May is the biggest month to me when it comes to Thanksgiving with the Halfway to November & Halfway to Thanksgiving Markers! I definitely would be interesting in getting out a turkey!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 312
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 288
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 227

Happy 2nd Half of January! You know I just typed "November" instead of January? Can you imagine if it was the 2nd Half of November now? Oh geez. We'd be 9 days till Thanksgiving. I can't! I'm not even wanting to be at that point. Our counts this morning are the following: 312 days till Thanksgiving, 288 days till November, and 227 days till The Bers. That's our 3 counts this Sunday morning. I gotta tell you I've been thinking a lot about Thanksgiving Eve lately. It's still the most underrated day of the year to me. Hardly anyone outside of this website and thread talks about it during the year. But the feeling in the air, being at work that day just feels beyond special. I have relived it many times in my head the last several weeks. Anyway, our next milestone will be 1 week from Thursday with Tom Turkey Day #2! And the day after we will reach the milestone of the 300 Day Marker to Thanksgiving. Have a great 2nd Half of January!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 312
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 288
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 227

Happy 2nd Half of January! You know I just typed "November" instead of January? Can you imagine if it was the 2nd Half of November now? Oh geez. We'd be 9 days till Thanksgiving. I can't! I'm not even wanting to be at that point. Our counts this morning are the following: 312 days till Thanksgiving, 288 days till November, and 227 days till The Bers. That's our 3 counts this Sunday morning. I gotta tell you I've been thinking a lot about Thanksgiving Eve lately. It's still the most underrated day of the year to me. Hardly anyone outside of this website and thread talks about it during the year. But the feeling in the air, being at work that day just feels beyond special. I have relived it many times in my head the last several weeks. Anyway, our next milestone will be 1 week from Thursday with Tom Turkey Day #2! And the day after we will reach the milestone of the 300 Day Marker to Thanksgiving. Have a great 2nd Half of January!​

I know this magic in the air that you speak of. I think I felt it the strongest in October of 2019, we were having a Halloween potluck at my office and the holiday / festive air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. It felt amazing. I get the same vibe during the last week of August, just because you know what is coming. That magic 4 month ride that we all love so much.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 311
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 287
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 226

Happy MLK Day! It's a holiday folks. Whether you are off today or not it's still a holiday which makes us all think of our favorite holiday and that would be Thanksgiving. Our countdowns revolve around it. That's why we're here. We have 311 days till Thanksgiving, 287 days till November, and 226 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is now 10 days away as we'll reach Tom Turkey Day #2. And the day after that we'll reach the all important 300 Day Marker to Thanksgiving. No Monday blues here folks whether it's a holiday for you or not because we have our weekly countdown to the greatest week of the year Thanksgiving Week. It stands at 44 weeks now. Yes it was 8 weeks ago which is almost 2 months ago. Hard to believe that isnt' it? We're closer to 40 than 50 now folks. Hmm too soon to dream of turkey? Never not here. Have a great MLK Day!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
No day off for me today, although I will be taking Thursday off for my birthday, so it evens out.

Everyone talking about the halfway to Thanksgiving celebration has lifted my spirits. Then Edge mentioned Thanksgiving Eve, and it brought back that magical feeling just for one teensy moment. There is nothing quite like it. I'll be glad when we get back there later this year.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
No day off for me today, although I will be taking Thursday off for my birthday, so it evens out.

Everyone talking about the halfway to Thanksgiving celebration has lifted my spirits. Then Edge mentioned Thanksgiving Eve, and it brought back that magical feeling just for one teensy moment. There is nothing quite like it. I'll be glad when we get back there later this year.

I talked it over with my wife on Sunday, we most certainly will do a half-way Thanksgiving in May. It will probably include our whole family, which is awesome and will make it feel even more like "the real thing". We did the whole "test" Thanksgiving last year in August, where we were trying out the smoked turkey to see if they wanted it for Thanksgiving, and that whole day came out amazing. One more thing to look forward to in May.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 311
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 287
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 226

Happy MLK Day! It's a holiday folks. Whether you are off today or not it's still a holiday which makes us all think of our favorite holiday and that would be Thanksgiving. Our countdowns revolve around it. That's why we're here. We have 311 days till Thanksgiving, 287 days till November, and 226 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is now 10 days away as we'll reach Tom Turkey Day #2. And the day after that we'll reach the all important 300 Day Marker to Thanksgiving. No Monday blues here folks whether it's a holiday for you or not because we have our weekly countdown to the greatest week of the year Thanksgiving Week. It stands at 44 weeks now. Yes it was 8 weeks ago which is almost 2 months ago. Hard to believe that isnt' it? We're closer to 40 than 50 now folks. Hmm too soon to dream of turkey? Never not here. Have a great MLK Day!​

300 Days to Thanksgiving, I can't tell you how happy that makes me. That is going to be a great day.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 310
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 286
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 225

Happy Just January! Yeah it's "Just" January still. We have plenty of time to go this month thankfully. I'm in no rush to move forward. But look at our 3 counts this morning. We have 310 days till Thanksgiving, 286 days till November, and 225 days till The Bers. Wow looking good aren't they? Our next milestone is in 1 week + 2 days when we reach Tom Turkey Day #2, followed immediately the next day by the 300 Day Marker to Thanksgiving. I think that will be such a huge milestone as has been mentioned here. But today let's just talk turkey. Ok let's think turkey and dream of turkeys too. Right now I could use a little turkey in my life. Who else agrees with that? Let's just focus on today and think about all that stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce, plus biscuits and more. I could go on but I don't want to drool forever. Have a great Just January!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 310
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 286
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 225

Happy Just January! Yeah it's "Just" January still. We have plenty of time to go this month thankfully. I'm in no rush to move forward. But look at our 3 counts this morning. We have 310 days till Thanksgiving, 286 days till November, and 225 days till The Bers. Wow looking good aren't they? Our next milestone is in 1 week + 2 days when we reach Tom Turkey Day #2, followed immediately the next day by the 300 Day Marker to Thanksgiving. I think that will be such a huge milestone as has been mentioned here. But today let's just talk turkey. Ok let's think turkey and dream of turkeys too. Right now I could use a little turkey in my life. Who else agrees with that? Let's just focus on today and think about all that stuffing, gravy, and cranberry sauce, plus biscuits and more. I could go on but I don't want to drool forever. Have a great Just January!​
Trying the Cajun style turkey breasts for the first time this weekend, our Rudolph Day meal will be held on Sunday, so in all likelihood we have some turkey that will be leftover for Tom Turkey Day just a few days later. I like having Rudolph Day & Tom Turkey Day within a few days of each other, because it's almost guaranteed that we will have at least one "holiday" food on each day. We will nail down the Tom Turkey Day menu here in a few more days!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image