Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 83
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 59

Happy September TGIF! Our next milestone folks is coming soon. But not for a little while. Let’s take a look at our 2 countdowns we have left of the 3 that we started with. We have 83 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 59 days to go until November. Our next milestone is now in single digits time when we reach the “Final Fifty” to November and that will be in 9 days. Can you believe that? It’s going to be a big milestone for sure. And I know all of you will look forward to it. I’m just loving being in September so I am in no rush at all to move to November. I’m happy with where we are. After all this is the “sweet spot” of the year. But those counts certainly look enticing and it shows we have done a lot here in this thread and been here for a very, very, very long time to see the countdowns drop to the levels that they are currently at. And now folks I want you to all enjoy your Friday. We have a big 3-day holiday weekend coming up. Of course, this thread we don’t take any holidays. We’ll be here all holiday weekend long to continue our countdowns. That’s what we do here. Ok go off and enjoy your day. Have a great September TGIF!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Since this is the Thanksgiving thread and it is the last big barbeque weekend of the year, I thought I would share my favorite marinated turkey recipe that we have made in my family for decades. I use a turkey breast or turkey tenders, whichever I can get for the best price. You could use thigh meat or even chicken breasts. To prepare slice the turkey breast into about an inch and a half wide slices. The marinade mixture is enough for about five to ten pounds of turkey. You can double it or half it to meet your needs. Mix the following ingredients:

2 cups of lemon-lime carbonated drink like Sprite or 7UP
1 cup oil (I use canola but have tried olive oil as well)
1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of horseradish powder (it is getting increasingly hard to find, I get it on Amazon, but you can also use a tablespoon of ground as well and it turns out juts fine)
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Marinate 24 hours (some people do it just for 12 but it is less savory) in the refrigerator. I have a huge bowl I marinate it in, but you can put it in big zip lock bags. Cook the meat on the grill until done and enjoy.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Since this is the Thanksgiving thread and it is the last big barbeque weekend of the year, I thought I would share my favorite marinated turkey recipe that we have made in my family for decades. I use a turkey breast or turkey tenders, whichever I can get for the best price. You could use thigh meat or even chicken breasts. To prepare slice the turkey breast into about an inch and a half wide slices. The marinade mixture is enough for about five to ten pounds of turkey. You can double it or half it to meet your needs. Mix the following ingredients:

1/2 cup of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of horseradish powder (it is getting increasingly hard to find, I get it on Amazon, but you can also use a tablespoon of ground as well and it turns out juts fine)
Salt and pepper to taste

Marinate 24 hours (some people do it just for 12 but it is less savory) in the refrigerator. I have a huge bowl I marinate it in, but you can put it in big zip lock bags. Cook the meat on the grill until done and enjoy.
Sounds delicious!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

1/2 cup of soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

Thanks for sharing!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 82
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 58

Happy Labor Day Weekend! Look above folks to see how the countdowns look to start off this MAJOR holiday weekend. We have 82 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 58 days to go until November. Our next milestone is in 8 days which is 1 week + 1 day when we reach the “Final Fifty” to November. That will certainly be a major marker for all of us. It’s still surreal being in The Bers isn’t it? But it just feels so amazing. I know all of you probably feel the same way right now and just are trying to take it all in. We’re lucky to be where we are on the calendar and fortunate enough to be able to enjoy it all together. It’s a wonderful time of the year. I know they say that about the Christmas Season and it is but this time of the year to me ranks right at the top of the list. And we’ve just really started it which makes it even better. Labor Day Weekend is here turkey fans. It’s a long 3-day holiday weekend. It’s one to make memories, enjoy, reflect, and smile at the fact that we are now really heading towards Autumn and the most wonderful season of the year. Let’s all take it step by step and get the most out of it that we can. Have a great Labor Day Weekend!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Guys, after this weekend, the next true big family dinner / gathering, will be THANKSGIVING.

Thought about that just now and got the chills!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
There are so many things that I am looking forward to in the next four months, and Thanksgiving is definitely a big one. LadyLynn's marinade post has me thinking about recipes and maybe trying some new recipes this year. The weather is pretty unpredictable here to want to commit to grilling but it sounds delicious.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
There are so many things that I am looking forward to in the next four months, and Thanksgiving is definitely a big one. LadyLynn's marinade post has me thinking about recipes and maybe trying some new recipes this year. The weather is pretty unpredictable here to want to commit to grilling but it sounds delicious.
I hope you try some new stuff!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 81
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 57

Happy Labor Day Eve! We are here folks on the day before Labor Day. And you all know that many people consider this to be coming to the end of summer (even though it’s not officially). Thankfully both of our countdowns will tell us differently. We have plenty of time to go. We have 81 days remaining until Thanksgiving & 57 days to go until November. Our next milestone is 1 week from today which will be the “Final Fifty” to November. That will be worth celebrating for sure. And it’s something we’ll look forward to all of the coming week. And there will be football games on that day. Pretty amazing that we’re really into our favorite time of the year yet it’s just beginning. It’s a great feeling for sure. Now if you are a fan of turkey and stuffing then you know this is your time of year to just be thankful where we are and to be patient about getting to the 2 countdowns above. There’s tons and tons of fun and amazing stuff on the way there so there is no need to rush ahead. And we’re all here trying to just enjoy today here. Maybe you have a BBQ planned for today (or tomorrow). No matter what, I hope that you enjoy it and be glad about it. Have a great Labor Day Eve!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
We have a BBQ planned for tomorrow! Summer's official going away party! Good bye Summer, see ya!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
No picnic/potluck here this year, but going to enjoy the beautiful weather and start the second week of the holiday cleaning plan. Going to look for some holiday cooking videos later today, and relax.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image