Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Today is the day that I plan to adopt a Tom. We will see how successful I am. It has to be a cajun Popeye's Tom this year which means getting to Popeye's as soon as they open today. And yes, I'll be grabbing some lunch while I'm there.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am amazed by how the lower the Weekly Count gets the more I like Mondays!
Happy Monday! Two weeks until November and 5 until the best week arrives, I am enjoying each day more and more!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
5 more weeks until my next week long vacation. And what a week it will be! :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 37
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 13

Happy October Tuesday! We have 37 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 13 days to go until November. Our next milestone? It’s in 3 days. What is it? I think you know by now but in case you don’t I’ll tell you right here and right now. And that would be the Home Stretch to November. That will be a major one for sure. I personally am content living in October forever. But most likely that won’t happen so I’m hoping the next milestone will prepare me for the “Main Event” here in this thread. And of course that is the month of November when the Macy’s parade will happen. It’s the month where the turkey will be cooking. And it’s the month where Christmas shopping will really begin. Of course, the Christmas lights will also be put up. It’s hard to believe that is the next month coming from now. But that’s why I tell you all to enjoy where we are. October is a wonderful month for many reasons as a Halloween fan but also for what it has right in front of it. And that’s why I love our countdown to The Bers and keeping it in this thread. It will definitely be in the 2022 Thanksgiving Countdown Thread. But I’m living in the moment and trying to enjoy my Tuesday. Turkey fans…do it. Have a great October Tuesday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Today is the day that I plan to adopt a Tom. We will see how successful I am. It has to be a cajun Popeye's Tom this year which means getting to Popeye's as soon as they open today. And yes, I'll be grabbing some lunch while I'm there.
Let me know how that thing tastes, or if you have had one before. My wife has been slowly experimenting with a "Cajun Turkey' that we have not yet "officially" unveiled yet, but we have experimented with some seasonings and different types of brines on turkey breasts. So far so good, I believe we will see Thanksgiving in the next few years "debut" a Cajun turkey!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
This week I am going to make the final decision on my sides and make sure that I procure the ingredients before November. I am really excited!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 36
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 12

Happy Haunted Hump Day! Today we look above at our counts and see the numbers looking like this: 36 days remain until Thanksgiving and 12 days to go until November. Our next milestone is the day after tomorrow now folks as we will reach the Home Stretch to November. Talk about amazing and exciting huh? I know you all feel it as I do as well as we approach that all important marker for sure. And we’re all looking forward to greeting it at Friday’s front door. But first we have plenty of fun today to go I hope. It’s a fun time of year as we’ve been talking about all of October. Last night I saw the Halloween movie. I won’t talk about it much here because it’s a Thanksgiving Thread but I will be doing a post on it next week in the Hang Out. Look forward to that if you’re interested but too afraid to go see it for yourself. I wish there were more Thanksgiving movies though don’t you? It would be fun and cool to see for a change. I think that would be something we should all look for and hope for. Not enough of them. But certainly there’s a handful of good ones. Maybe we can share them? Our friend CW definitely would know the best ones. Anyway, turkey fans enjoy today. Have a great Haunted Hump Day!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
All week long it sure has felt like Thanksgiving time with the weather. Which is just a tad bit sad, because I wanted to enjoy the "October feels" a little longer. I'm not ready for it to be only 10 days left of October. As much as I love Thanksgiving, it just doesn't seem like its already "time" for it to be here. This is what I get for wishing away summer so much!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
All week long it sure has felt like Thanksgiving time with the weather. Which is just a tad bit sad, because I wanted to enjoy the "October feels" a little longer. I'm not ready for it to be only 10 days left of October. As much as I love Thanksgiving, it just doesn't seem like its already "time" for it to be here. This is what I get for wishing away summer so much!
That's why I love summer and try to drag my feet through it lol. But we still have lots of time in The Bers!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 35
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 11

Happy Halloween Hero! Today we look above at the counts and see 35 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 11 days to go until November. Our next milestone? It’s going to be tomorrow folks. You know what that is? It’s going to be the Home Stretch to November. Ain’t that fancy? I can’t wait for it. But since it’s Thursday and we’re getting closer to November I want to give you a poll today even though we did one last week:

What’s the worst thing about November?

• Turning the clocks back 1 hour.
  • Black Friday (Thanksgiving ending)
  • November 1 (Halloween ending)
  • The colder weather returning
  • For me? The answer is D. I dislike cold weather so I’d have to go with that but it depends how “cold” it gets in November. Some years it’s not too bad. A is probably my 2nd choice because I don’t like it getting dark so early. What about you? Have a great Halloween Hero!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
As much of a buzz kill as it is, I'm going to have to answer "B". Now I know most folks would probably be happy about Thanksgiving concluding, thus paving the way for Christmas time, but in my strange mind, by that point, I have "lost" Halloween, AND Thanksgiving. Knowing that "Only" Christmas is left, I am a little bit down, because as I have spoke of often before, really only the 1st 3 weeks of December am I cheery. The day after Christmas, maybe sometimes even Christmas night, is the saddest day of the year for me. I also feel like The Bers "ends" in December, as the environment / weather takes on a totally different feel. Thank goodness we have so much still to come, and I'm not in that frame of mind yet!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Of those four choices I would pick Turning the clocks back one hour. It gets so dark very early after we do that. But, we do get to enjoy Christmas lights earlier in the day. So there is a positive to go with it. The cold weather would be a second choice. But it doesn't bother me until Jan thru Mar.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image