Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I can't tell you how happy I am and how at peace I am.

Just the fact that we have arrived at the last school day before Thanksgiving makes me happy, relaxed, excited....and very anxious. I'm just ready to walk through those doors at 3:00 and know that I don't have to deal with it for the next week....that I get to focus on the things that I like the most...which is spending time with my family and the holidays!
It's a great feeling this weekend!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 5

Happy Weekend Before Thanksgiving! Today we look above and see our countdown is at 5 days folks. That’s right. 5 days remain until Thanksgiving. That’s one hand’s worth. Is that close enough for you or too close for comfort? I think a little bit of both. I’ve got a lot to do today but I’ll make time to get back on here later in the day or this evening to post something else. I have been coming on here twice a day all week just because I feel it’s so special right now where we are and I want to take it all in. Even if it’s a moment or two of trying to just take in a little piece of Thanksgiving. I mentioned yesterday (last night) that I said Happy Thanksgiving to my favorite lunch place. I don’t go there as often as I used to (I enjoy bringing my own lunch now) but I had to stop by Friday to tell them that and pick up a lunch for a change. It was a great thing and I’ve said it to the same guys many years now. And it was great seeing them. It just felt right. But it felt weird too like how is it time to say Happy Thanksgiving already? But it is and it was. I hope you’re all hanging in there and enjoying this final weekend before THE BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR. Are you ready for it? I hope you almost are. Get ready if you’re not. Have a great Weekend Before Thanksgiving!​

Christmaswarlock

Mistletoeologist
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 5

Happy Weekend Before Thanksgiving! Today we look above and see our countdown is at 5 days folks. That’s right. 5 days remain until Thanksgiving. That’s one hand’s worth. Is that close enough for you or too close for comfort? I think a little bit of both. I’ve got a lot to do today but I’ll make time to get back on here later in the day or this evening to post something else. I have been coming on here twice a day all week just because I feel it’s so special right now where we are and I want to take it all in. Even if it’s a moment or two of trying to just take in a little piece of Thanksgiving. I mentioned yesterday (last night) that I said Happy Thanksgiving to my favorite lunch place. I don’t go there as often as I used to (I enjoy bringing my own lunch now) but I had to stop by Friday to tell them that and pick up a lunch for a change. It was a great thing and I’ve said it to the same guys many years now. And it was great seeing them. It just felt right. But it felt weird too like how is it time to say Happy Thanksgiving already? But it is and it was. I hope you’re all hanging in there and enjoying this final weekend before THE BEST WEEK OF THE YEAR. Are you ready for it? I hope you almost are. Get ready if you’re not. Have a great Weekend Before Thanksgiving!​
Lol!!! I read this earlier and when i hit the coffee shack I told the girls inside to have a great Halloween in case I didnt see them before then. They stood there looking at me "You mean Thanksgiving dont you?" I told them no I mean Halloween. I left them puzzled.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I sit here on the Saturday evening before Thanksgiving wondering where the year is going. And yet I realize I do not need to wonder anything. I simply need to live it, experience it, and make the most of each day that I can. It's now or never folks. Tomorrow I will work on the 2022 Thanksgiving Thread. It's about 2 months later than last year. I've been focusing on this year, each day as much as I can. It feels great and I feel I'm getting better at it.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 4

Happy Noticing November! Our countdown this morning folks is down to 4 days. Yes that’s less than 5. But at least it’s more than 3? I mean I’m grasping at straws here. The next milestone is on Thursday and that’s Thanksgiving Day. Ok, so today is the day I’m putting together the 2022 Thanksgiving Thread. I’m setting it up so the week ahead I do not have to think about it. I want to focus only on this thread that we’re right now in until Thanksgiving Night. It’s hard to believe everyone but we’re almost there. I don’t know what else to say about it. But the week we count down to all year long starts TOMORROW. I laugh because I don’t want to cry. It’s amazing that it’s here. And I know it goes too fast but ya know what? Let’s enjoy the heck out of it. I mean it. Do not let this one get by and then be regretting stuff later in the week or next weekend. Make the most of every day. I try to do that all year long and I know most of us do. It’s definitely the best way to go. But this week will really prove our test of how successful we are at it. It’s now or never. Start now. Before it’s too late. It’s coming. I’ll write more later before we head into “The Week.” Have a great Noticing November!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
My Thanksgiving week started yesterday. I’m loving it! Tonight is our big Thanksgiving dinner at church. Always a great time.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am so excited that Thanksgiving week is here. Today I celebrate Thanksgiving with my extended family, my brother-in-law and nephew are going to start harvesting the last 3 fields of corn by my house this week, and only two days of work, so it is going to be great. Last week was busy, too busy, but each extra task will hopefully pay off this week! Enjoy as the prep and excitement begins!

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
Just listened to a 10 minute lecture on the difference between stuffing/dressing. My aunt decided to set the record straight with everybody today.
Obviously, you dang kids needed straightening out.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image