Thanksgiving 2023 Thread

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I think it’s A for me. As soon as I wake up, I have that joy in my heart that lasts throughout the whole day. Although I must say it does continue getting better as each moment you listed passes by.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I have to go with A too, from the choices given. But it officially feels like Thanksgiving when I have Alexa set the alarm to make sure I get up in time to get the prep done that is needed to get the turkey in the oven. I never need the alarm but I don't want to take any chances.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I have to go with A too, from the choices given. But it officially feels like Thanksgiving when I have Alexa set the alarm to make sure I get up in time to get the prep done that is needed to get the turkey in the oven. I never need the alarm but I don't want to take any chances.
Smart!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 245
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 223
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 162

Happy Latter March! Today folks we have 245 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 223 days to go until November, and 162 days left until The Bers. Our milestone is TODAY folks as we reach Tom Turkey Day #4! Our next milestone? It’s the Arrival Of April. WOW. That really is big and that will be 1 week from Saturday. I hope March slows down at this point. Folks we also have 2 full months ahead of us after today still of our Super Spring. That’s right. We go all the way through May 23rd. How super is that? I hope that lasts a long time for us. It’s Thanksgiving Thought Thursday so here is my thought for today!

We always put up our tree right after Thanksgiving but sometimes I wonder is it better to have it up before? I know some people do. But I also feel weird about it. Like if I had my tree up already and lit before Thanksgiving it would feel strange to me. As much as I love seeing others do it I feel like Thanksgiving is still Autumn and we transition on that day to the holiday season so to have the tree already up while I’m eating my Thanksgiving dinner well would seem strange.

Just my feeling on that. Like for me it would be weird but if others have it up I’m good with that even all year long of course. Not sure why but that’s just how I look at it. Have a great day today turkey fans. Have a great Latter March!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
All this thinking and talking about Thanksgiving morning really has me missing it. I think I just got the PTBs. (Post Thanksgiving Blues) :(
I understand totally. When it isn't an MMC Special Day, or a milestone day, I really try to limit how much I might think of Christmas or Halloween or Thanksgiving, because it really can throw you into a spin if you're not careful.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
A longstanding tradition of ours here has been to get the Christmas Tree out in.......... OCTOBER! October 25th to be exact!

It isn't plugged in or turned on until November 1st. My in-laws do the same thing. For me, it would feel "weird" to eat Thanksgiving dinner without the Christmas tree.

I realize we put it up way earlier than most folks, but everyone has to do their own thing on that when it comes to when it's "time" to put it up. Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
For the longest time it was our tradition to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. That was until we were going to be out of state the entire week of Thanksgiving. So we put the tree up a week early. Since that time the tree has gone up during Thanksgiving week if we’re not traveling or the week prior if we are.

I miss the tree.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
We always put it up the day/weekend after Thanksgiving only because the spot that we put it in is used for Thanksgiving dinner. A couple of years I have decorated my mantle before Thanksgiving.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy Tom Turkey Day!

We put our tree up on November 1st along with our other Christmas decorations. I really just want to enjoy them for a longer time, and putting them up after Thanksgiving would only give me a little more than a month before I had to take them back down again.

I know there's a school of thought that putting up Christmas decor should wait until after Thanksgiving, because Thanksgiving should get its due, but I see the two holidays very much as complimentary to each other. Thanksgiving does usher in the Christmas season, after all, and what better backdrop/atmosphere is there for Thanksgiving dinner than Christmas decorations?

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image