MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 101
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 71
DAYS TO THE BERS: 41
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 9

Good Morning Halloween Friends! I love seeing the pictures and discussions above regarding the "Halloween Creep". I myself am just waiting for Wal-Mart to start putting out Halloween stuff so that I can buy a bunch of the large plastic jack o lantern candy pails, and hopefully, buy some extras to put up in the attic to have as spares for when the new ones inevitably go brittle from the sunlight. The old ones I had lasted me 7 years! I found some online in January of these year, but they were the small ones, and while I still plan on using them for decorations outside, they don't really replace my old ones. They will be out soon though!

Folks, we are ONE DAY now, away from a huge milestone day, and that is the 100 Days to Halloween milestone that is TOMORROW!! We will have a thrilling weekend seeing ALL of the counts on this thread be below 100!

Today's high is 79 degrees, and tonight gets down in the 50's. It's gonna be that way the next 3 days! No complaints here!

Have a great Thursday, friends!
Wow! I would love some of that weather right now.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
There is a farm store more or less close to my house (less rather than more), and each fall they offer these frozen cider drinks. When they start making them (usually late August), then I know autumn is really here.
Frozen cider drinks sounds delicious, and the perfect drink for a warm/sunny Autumn day! I will keep my eyes out for something similar.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
It really seems like a lot of stores are not shy about getting their Fall/Halloween stuff out early this year. In previous years it has been a slow trickle, but this year we're not even done with July and already there's a lot of good stuff on the shelves! I still haven't seen any Halloween candy, but Snake's pictures are proof that it's out there, and I'm sure my local CVS can be counted on to break their street date and put it out early as they do every year. I just have to keep checking. :)

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
It really seems like a lot of stores are not shy about getting their Fall/Halloween stuff out early this year. In previous years it has been a slow trickle, but this year we're not even done with July and already there's a lot of good stuff on the shelves! I still haven't seen any Halloween candy, but Snake's pictures are proof that it's out there, and I'm sure my local CVS can be counted on to break their street date and put it out early as they do every year. I just have to keep checking. :)
I was at CVS last Thursday and they had nothing out. :confused:
Hopefully soon.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
A few thoughts:

I enjoy the Halloween season and seeing the kids trick-or-treat. I enjoy purchasing Halloween related food items and drinks to enjoy with my family. I also enjoy the Halloween decorations, but agree with other posters and skip the movie theater experience: too expensive for me and my fam.

Fall decorations are a plenty in my local Hobby Lobby, Michael's and soon the grocery store. I have seen some fall food items (pumpkin spice everything) and will consume some this holiday season. Yeah 'Bers. I enjoy seeing everyone here discuss the upcoming holiday season and pretty much say goodbye to the hot weather.

What are your thoughts on the hot weather? What do you like to see in the stores and consume during the Halloween/Fall season?
I like to buy those little Mulled Cider candles and burn them all day in my office. And I love seeing all of the Fall decorations in Hobby Lobby. When we go there, my wife knows exactly where to find me when it's time to leave.

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
Totally agree. CVS is usually the first to put out Halloween candy. I am not familiar with Walmart, but Target does jump on the Halloween train right after CVS.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I like to buy those little Mulled Cider candles and burn them all day in my office. And I love seeing all of the Fall decorations in Hobby Lobby. When we go there, my wife knows exactly where to find me when it's time to leave.
And the pumpkin ones too. Candle warmers are the best for the office where no flames are allowed. Love it.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 100
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 70
DAYS TO THE BERS: 40
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 9

HAPPY MILESTONE DAY!!!

100 Days to Halloween.jpg

Happy Milestone Day, Folks! What a marvelous TGIF it is indeed!

The scariest fact about today, is not that it is now just a mere 100 Days to Halloween. It is the fact that after today, we will have only TWO MORE milestone days to celebrate in this thread! And those are, 50 DAYS TO OCTOBER, and 50 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN, respectively. And the 50 Days to October milestone isn't even a month away now. The joy of breaking the seal on a 100 Day Count.

I couldn't ask for a better weather day to make me think of The Bers and Halloween. It's 57 degrees outside right now, on its way to a high of 80. I thought about the Bers so much yesterday because it was only in the mid 70's and no humidity, that I honestly became a bit sad when I looked on the 10 day forecast and saw a few upper 80's days dotted here and there. But that's ok. Next week is literally July's last stand, so this is to be expected. August is when we really start to feel the heat and humidity decrease, so it won't be long now.

I hope everyone enjoys this terrific milestone day, and has a great Friday!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Wow, so this is our last day with a triple digit count remaining in this thread. Tomorrow all of our counts will be double digits!

That just seems so crazy to me, and yet, here we are. I absolutely cannot wait to see how much Halloween and Fall stuff I can find next week while I'm on vacation! I'm going to do some enjoyable summer stuff too, but Fall and the Bers will be at the forefront of my mind.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image