AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
:shiverI will be checking in with my dad shortly.

I will probably help my dad pack his stuff up after New Year's if he doesn't do it before I get there.

He did more decorating this year than the previous year and I'm sure it was to add to my enjoyment more than his own.

He had garland with lights on the banister and the Silent Night lyrics scroll; another strand of garland and lights resting on the fireplace mantel and another one over his desk in the foyer and a fourth over the buffet.

He was talking about leaving the tree up with just the lights on it, but I know he won't do it; he will take it down to the basement, but leave it set up. The box was damaged three years ago.

Today while the cable is out I noticed one of my gifts and declared it is a good day to get into my "ME" book (Elton Johns autobiography). I left my sweatshirt at #1 sons; good excuse to go back. HaHa.

Supposed to have snow the rest of the week. Glad I'm on vacation.

:shakeitStay Jolly! :elfing

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good Morning, MMC!! Well winter has returned here. Those 50’s and 60’s sure were nice while they lasted. I had some plans for today but I think I’m going to cancel them. I was up coughing most of the night so I’m just going to try and take it easy today and hope that it’s not the same virus that has had mom miserable for the last week and a half. I hope everyone has a great day!!

Murphman

Santa Beagle
MMC Lifer
Jun 16, 2009
NC
To Crown, a few years ago there were some members posting 20-40 times per day. Most of them have cut that down or are no longer here. I've participated in multiple message boards on a wide variety of topics for 15 plus years and all of them are down from their peaks many years ago. I think sometimes life just gets in the way.

Dudley

Ornament Craftsman
MMC Member
Sep 20, 2019
Southern California
Good morning MMC. It was back to work this morning, but a half day tomorrow, off Wednesday, back to work Thursday and another half day Friday. Truthfully I'll be glad when it's Monday January 6 and the schedule gets back to normal.

It was 49 on the drive int his morning with a predicted high of 61. It's looking like the rain missed us. Low 70s for the weekend. I AM READY for Spring!!

Enjoy!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good Morning, Friends.

It's been a good year but posts were down again. Did we peak back in 2014?
Since then, we have been dropping, with a huge drop from 2016 to 2017.
Is there competition out there now we don't know about?
But no matter, the quality remains high, and that's the most important factor!
That's the important thing. The wonderful people who post here and what they have to say, however much or however little. Quantity means nothing; our MMC family is everything.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Thinking of those who are dealing with the ice storm and other wintry weather. We seem to be ducking the worst; we're getting a mix of rain and off-and-on sleet. Further west they're anticipating a dangerous accretion of ice. Be careful if you have to venture out in hazardous conditions!

Christmas Knight

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Jan 17, 2011
To Crown, a few years ago there were some members posting 20-40 times per day. Most of them have cut that down or are no longer here. I've participated in multiple message boards on a wide variety of topics for 15 plus years and all of them are down from their peaks many years ago. I think sometimes life just gets in the way.
Couldn't agree more! I love this site, but probably didn't post for 6 months ... just cause life is busy!

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Target is my favorite store. That’s unforgivable there.
While there are things that are more difficult than others to forgive, nothing is unforgiveable. In this case it is exceedingly short sighted. Walgreen's picked up unexpected business from me on Christmas Saturday as a result of their boo - boo.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Ahhhhh..a day to relax...tree's lit, other inside lights on, candles burning, Christmas movie on the TV, background music on Youtube, and all's right with the world. I love Christmas (who doesn't on here) but is it me or does it seem like that the "calm" of Christmas doesn't seem to come until a day or two before New Years?
Our Christmas calm settled in on 12/22/19...A welcome guest for the tail end of Advent.+n

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good afternoon Merry Makers of MMC!
I'm just about over this crud we've had for over a week now. Michelle is starting the "let's take down the Christmas decorations" talk. I keep saying NO. She just glares at me. :D It's in the mid 70's here with intermittent rain. It's a great day to be out there doing some yard work, but I'm just too lazy. Oh well.
Have a wonderful and blessed day!!!
We had a fine mist most of Sunday. The streets were fine, but the alley was a sheet of ice.:oops:

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I'm guessing you'll receive a good report from the eye doctor. You should be able to tell if there were any issues.

Sad when the decorations come down. I always leave a little Christmas corner out all year.

I call it "Grinching the Tree".

I had a nice Christmas pillow on my couch and it matched perfectly, so I left it out to remind me of the joy of Christmas.

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
I was typing my reply when the internet and cable went down. Still had lights and heat and my CD player worked so I did some housework. Internet is back, but the cable hasn't caught up yet.

I'm glad you got time to spend together and the way you were able to include your father in your Christmas celebrations.

I have two of Gary's favourite shirts that I'm going to ask a friend to make into totes for me.

Keep a merry memory in your head.

Making totes is a great idea!!

Vincent Crummles

Christmas Fan
MMC Member
Mar 16, 2012

Haven't posted for 7 years and joined in 2012 whilst I was doing a year's work in the US. Doesn't mean I don't read and also appreciate the contributions of those who do and keep the spirit and heart of Christmas close all year around. There isn't another site like this not this side of the pond either. The candle is always faintest just before the new year (for me at least) by mid-January we'll be knocking those milestones down again!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday evening! A day of ice pellets, freezing rain and snow accumulation. I think I twisted something while scraping the ice off my car after work. I should ve ok with a little rest. I just came back to work from 3 days off and already I have two more days off. Looking forward to a nice, quiet evening tomorrow with my husband and our dog to ring in the New Year.

Enjoy your evening everyone!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
A windy, rainy, snowy, sleety day today. The ups and downs of the weather has been matching my mood of late. I found a picture of Ralph, one that was taken during the same session when his official Air Force photo was taken. He has the biggest smile on his face and looks so very happy. I love that photo.

Over the course of the past year or so, there has been a foot-tall woodpecker in the woods. I've never seen it, although my brother did. I tried tracking it down by sound, but the only woodpecker I ever found that way was a little one, and I do mean little. That bird was so small you could barely see it on the tree branch. The other day I was outside waiting for my sister to come over and I heard a loud knocking in the woods. I was standing on the handicap ramp, looking out into the woods and right on the border of yard/woods, near the path to the pond, was the foot-tall woodpecker. My sister said Ralph was sending me a sign. Nice thought, that. :)

Praying everyone is safe during the storms and for peace and healing for those in need.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Haven't posted for 7 years and joined in 2012 whilst I was doing a year's work in the US. Doesn't mean I don't read and also appreciate the contributions of those who do and keep the spirit and heart of Christmas close all year around. There isn't another site like this not this side of the pond either. The candle is always faintest just before the new year (for me at least) by mid-January we'll be knocking those milestones down again!

Nice to see you posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image