Halloween 2023 Countdown!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I have posted before about the field across the street from me. It has always had hay or alfalfa or wheat. Last night the farmer came over with one of my neighbors. The father farmer is an old man with sun leathered skin and the wrinkles and squint of 60 years outdoors. I have never met the younger son and until last night I have never met the older son either. He didn't look like a real life farmer, he looked like an farmer from a Hallmark movie. Anyway, this year, they are rotating out crops and he wanted the help of the neighbors to give him a call if anyone starts messing with the crop as it matures. This year, they are planting PUMPKINS: sugar pumpkins, jack-o'-lantern pumpkins, gourds, decorative pumpkins. He said there would be nine varieties. But as I said, he is afraid of people stealing them because this is such a busy street. If I notice anything I will call him, but I am hopeful that this almost 80 acre pumpkin patch will be the most sincere and I can expect a special visit on Halloween night.
I think they picked the perfect place to plant it, I believe it will be well watched and I am sure the Great Pumpkin will be very impressed! 80 acres! Will they have a stand and sell them themselves or are they growing them to a retail outlet?

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I think they picked the perfect place to plant it, I believe it will be well watched and I am sure the Great Pumpkin will be very impressed! 80 acres! Will they have a stand and sell them themselves or are they growing them to a retail outlet?
They have a huge stand in a nearby town and a small stand in the town next to mine, but they also sell to three stores that source locally.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 21
DAYS TO THE BERS: 84
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 101
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 114
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 144

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Friday!! TGIF!

Several dates to watch this morning. We are three weeks away from our next Jack O Lantern Day. We are exactly two weeks away from the 100 DAYS TO OCTOBER milestone, and now just ONE DAY away from reaching 100 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON. By Sunday of this week we will have only two counts, out of FIVE, that are still in triple digits.

The smoke / haze started clearing up yesterday afternoon. All week long the sun has honestly been a "Halloween" color every morning, ranging between almost red and orange depending on how hazy it was. The cool mornings reminded me of The Bers. It looks like once again, we are going to have another mild / cool week next week. I will double check the weather again on Sunday like I always do. As of today I am just shy of 6 weeks (5 weeks + 6 days) until reaching the peak hottest day(s) of the year. The Bers are not far behind!

Have a great day friends! Keep some spooky thoughts in your head today!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
This is a "gross" number. LOL

1686314058126.png

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I NEED JOL Day this month because I've been dying to break out my Spooky Season playlist, but I've been restraining myself. Feels like I'm having withdrawals...lol.

By the way, in case you needed a reminder, the deluge of Halloween stuff is right around the corner:

1686314359838.png

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I NEED JOL Day this month because I've been dying to break out my Spooky Season playlist, but I've been restraining myself. Feels like I'm having withdrawals...lol.

By the way, in case you needed a reminder, the deluge of Halloween stuff is right around the corner:

View attachment 109949
I play a few songs each time on JOL day, I don't go overboard. I have yet to get "tired" of it, the same as Christmas stuff on Rudolph Day. I think when you truly love something you can't have too much of it. I worried for a long time if being "24/7 Christmas" was going to make me not appreciate Christmas Season / Christmas time enough when it was actually here, quite the opposite - I seem to love it even more! And in time I learned that my love of Fall and Halloween was exactly the same way!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

View attachment 109949
I received an email today for a sale from an online store I have purchased from in the past, and the link took me to Halloween Merchandise!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Evening Halloween Fans! I think summer really is starting to make me want to watch Halloween shows. I almost want to watch them more than Christmas shows. Is that weird? I almost find it easier to watch Halloween shows in the offseason than Christmas ones. Happy Halloween!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
The only way I'd watch this one is if it erases the second movie entirely. The first one was lightning in a bottle. They didn't catch it with the sequel, and I don't expect them to catch it with this one, sadly.
So many times the sequels aren't as good as the originals. I totally agree with you.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 20
DAYS TO THE BERS: 83
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 100
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 113
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 143

MILESTONE DAY
100 Days to Halloween Season.png

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Milestone Day! HALLOWEEN SEASON, or should I say the official "start" of Halloween Season is now just 100 days away.

Folks, in other news - "Fall Pre-Season", for which we are keeping a "silent count" over in the offseason thread, now stands at a mere 52 days away. There will be a milestone day celebration on Monday. 52 days away from Fall and Halloween decorations beginning their slow emergence at this house. Last year I was fully up by the third week of August. Haters gonna hate.

I needed a Spooky Season / Fall song this morning as I was typing this up, and "Between Twilight" by Lindsey Sterling delivered!

You're welcome.

Have a great day, Halloween Friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The only way I'd watch this one is if it erases the second movie entirely. The first one was lightning in a bottle. They didn't catch it with the sequel, and I don't expect them to catch it with this one, sadly.
Sequels are rarely better. I'm hoping for something different this time.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The Jack o'Lantern sweatshirt I ordered from Amazon arrived and I love it. I washed it and it is all ready to go for our next JOL Day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 19
DAYS TO THE BERS: 82
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 99
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 112
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 142

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Sunday! You can see this morning the big change on the counts is us now having another count down in the double digits. We will be in double digit counts to October in less than two weeks. WOW.

Be sure to check out the Off-Season Thread tomorrow, we are hitting a major milestone in there, that one being the 50 DAYS TO FALL PRE-SEASON milestone! I can't believe it is so close. I feel like I should almost be dusting off the pumpkins and lawn decorations, because they will be going out soon!

Have a great day, friends! Think some Halloween thoughts!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
FE11093E-DB58-4060-9A53-531BBA7181BD.jpeg

Im thinking this might be the first seasonal food item I have saw in the store! Too much of a coincidence I think for this to be a “normal” item! Also seeing posts on Reddit that there are now “tomato blood” ketchups starting to show up on the shelves!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
View attachment 110028

Im thinking this might be the first seasonal food item I have saw in the store! Too much of a coincidence I think for this to be a “normal” item! Also seeing posts on Reddit that there are now “tomato blood” ketchups starting to show up on the shelves!
This might be the PERFECT side to serve if I decide to serve hot dogs for the Great Pumpkin Hunt.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image