Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Our Thanksgiving dinner spread was so popular and well-received, that we all decided to do the same exact layout for Christmas Dinner!

And speaking of turkeys, I was really happy to see how many Turkeys they had for sale yesterday at Martin's. Folks, I almost forgot completely about the pandemic, and the panic buying, because the store yesterday was well and fully stocked, no bare isles anywhere. Even TP & the coveted Paper Towels were to be had. Just gives me hope that as the vaccines get closer and closer to being distributed (The first air-shipment of vaccines arrived yesterday in the USA from Brussels, and from there they will be sent to distribution centers around the US), people are calming the heck down and going back to "normal" shopping / buying habits!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Still enjoying my leftovers. In fact, for me, that's what's for dinner tonight. Michelle and Austin are having soup. I love my leftovers.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
We just tossed out the last pumpkin of the year, kids are all mad tonite. We still have 2 of those tiny gourd pumpkins that are hanging in there. As soon as we lose the snow in spring it starts.."Dad, how long till pumpkin time?" "So how many days is that?" "Dont they have early pumpkins?" Then it starts between them... "After we get pumpkins its Halloween, what will you be this year?".......

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
We just tossed out the last pumpkin of the year, kids are all mad tonite. We still have 2 of those tiny gourd pumpkins that are hanging in there. As soon as we lose the snow in spring it starts.."Dad, how long till pumpkin time?" "So how many days is that?" "Dont they have early pumpkins?" Then it starts between them... "After we get pumpkins its Halloween, what will you be this year?".......
Love it!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 360
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 336
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 275

Happy Farewell to November! It really feels real now folks. Thanksgiving is over. Thanksgiving week is over. And November is about to be over later tonight. That's why we focus on the above 3 countdowns: 360 days till Thanksgiving, 336 days till November & 275 days till The Bers. Tomorrow we reach our first of many milestones in this year of countdowning. We will reach the arrival of the 1st of 11 months back on the road to November. It will be the month of Christmas and December. Be here for our first milestone. It should be a special day here. Oh yeah it's Monday. You do remember what I told you I will do on Mondays right? This: 51 weeks till Thanksgiving Week. "THE BEST" Week of the year has ended. And now the 51 weeks that wish they could live up to that week's awesomeness begin. Let's begin the journey folks and remember all year long how that week is absolutely the best of the year. Have a great Farewell to November!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Love the week count! I am loving this new thread, not gonna lie!

We talk about "cheat months" in the Halloween thread, and I think as it pertains to Thanksgiving countdown, we are going to see the benefit too in those counts once the Holidays are over and we are truly starting our long march back to the good stuff! I miss Thanksgiving right now, but it isn't as "hard" for me, knowing that we are having Christmas coming up in just a few weeks.

But I will really tap into this thread when I need to feel some magic in the long, dark, parts of January. And I'm forgetting about Tom Turkey Day! It's gonna help a lot too! Happy Monday!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Monday!
Only 51 weeks to go! :p It's going to fly by. You just watch and see. In two weeks we'll already be in 40's for the weekly countdown. And we're only 24 days away from our first ever Tom Turkey Day. So exciting!

Tonight I will finish off the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers. So yummy!
And if I have room, I'll finish off that cherry pie too. ;)

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
My cornbread stuffing is gone and I am tossing out my aunts stuffing that keeps giving me heartburn (might be the 4 types of bread used) still have a bowl of Stovetop turkey stuffing the kids like. Gravy and turkey left. Ham was dished out as a take home warming gift..lol

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 359
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 335
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 274

Happy December Arrives! It's here folks. It's the month of Christmas. And you know what that means? Well of course it means a lot for Christmas time. But it also means a lot here in this thread. It means a lot for Thanksgiving! Let's look at our counts first: 359 days till Thanksgiving, 335 days till November and 274 days till The Bers. Today we have reached our 1st milestone of this thread which is welcoming in the month of December. It is the 1st of 11 months beginning on our long journey back to the magical month of November that we all love here (the month of Thanksgiving). I was thinking yesterday at work how that was the 1st work day since Thanksgiving and how fresh the feeling is to think about the road to Thanksgiving 2021 now. It's exciting when it's fresh even though it's very, very long. Makes it more exciting I think. Our next milestone will be the arrival of winter (our 1st of 3 seasons) on our way back to autumn (the best season and the one that contains Thanksgiving). It will happen in 20 days on December 21. Have a great December Arrives!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Our first milestone already. And we are celebrating a milestone in the Halloween Countdown thread today too! Can I just say how much I love December 1st?

It seems like a very long road ahead until next Thanksgiving, but I bet it'll be here before we know it. I'm looking forward to the ride.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image