Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Happy Milestone Day!

You can't get back to November (and Thanksgiving) until you go thru December. And so it begins. :)

I finished off the last of the Thanksgiving leftovers last night. Tonight I'll finish the cherry pie.
My husband has dibs on the last of the cherry pie--says the rest of the pumpkin is all mine since he doesn't like it. Sad when all the leftovers are gone. I froze a turkey/stuffing/potato casserole though so we can have one last Thanksgiving like meal.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 358
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 334
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 273

Happy December Mid-Week! Here in the Thanksgiving Thread we realize that we are very far away from our 3 goals and you know what? That's a good thing. A big part of the fun of these countdowns is the looking forward and building excitement over a long, long, long time instead of just the destination. Let's look where we are in relation to those 3 destinations though: 358 days till Thanksgiving, 334 days till November and 273 days till The Bers. There's your 3 counts to start off this Wednesday. Our next milestone will be on the 21st of this month as we welcome in the arrival of winter (the 1st of 3 seasons back to Autumn aka the heart of the Bers). With tomorrow being Thursday we will have our 1st poll in this thread. We will start it off and do it right or so we hope. Any final turkey leftovers please enjoy for me and share if you'd like. Have a great December Mid-Week!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
The leftovers are gone. But the weight gained has remained. :(

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
For everyone lamenting the end of leftovers today, let me remind you that today is McRib Day. Yes, that's right - today everyone's favorite slab of synthetic beef covered in barbecue sauce arrives back at McDonald's. Good thing it tastes much better than it sounds. I do love me some McRib. Weather-permitting, I'll be picking one up for lunch.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I remember the McRib from back in the day! I haven't had one in a long time. I remember when there was such doubt over what kind of meat the McRib actually was, that McDonalds hired Grant from the mythbusters to "bust" all of the myths over what kind of meat it actually was. I felt at the time that McDonalds had already lost in the court of public opinion if they had to "prove" that something they sold was real meat, lol.

And speaking of leftovers, this was really the only time of the year that i enjoy liking leftovers. Because those leftovers still take me back to that magical feeling that is Thanksgiving. Christmas leftovers just aren't the same, IMO. I think it's because the day after Christmas, I am already "sad" for that little stretch from 12/26 - 12/31, before my countdown meter restarts and I feel recharged / rejuvenated for the new season!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
We are finishing the last of the ham tonight and there is one lonely piece of pumpkin pie. I think it is languishing because it just wasn't that great this year--hopefully the Christmas one will be better. And SolidSnake24, I have to disagree, Christmas leftovers are one of the few things that make the week after brighter.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
We are finishing the last of the ham tonight and there is one lonely piece of pumpkin pie. I think it is languishing because it just wasn't that great this year--hopefully the Christmas one will be better. And SolidSnake24, I have to disagree, Christmas leftovers are one of the few things that make the week after brighter.
My husband is making some split pea soup with our leftover ham.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The Turkey/Dressing/Cranberry paninis are in the freezer and will be brought out for lunches this week and next!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 357
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 333
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 272

Happy Hopping Holidays! We have completed a week since Thanksgiving Day was here...the best day of the year. Let's take a look at what that means for our 3 countdowns: 357 days till Thanksgiving, 333 days till November, and 272 days till The Bers. Our next milestone will happen in 18 days as we welcome in the arrival of winter (the 1st of 3 seasons we need to go through to get back to our favorite season by far...autumn). Ok folks it's Thursday and this 1st poll of this thread is here (they will be here bi-weekly again). This one is plain and simple to start:
How was your Thanksgiving 2020?
A.) The best ever
B.) Awesome (but not the best ever)
C.) Average for Thanksgiving
D.) Not very good

For me it was B. It was awesome but not the best ever. Maybe it was the parade not living up to it's usual magic. Maybe because we ate a little later than I would have liked. A few minor things. But I wouldn't say it was the best ever. Yet I would say it was awesome still. How about you? Have a great Hopping Holidays!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
B for me as well. But I would describe it more as good than awesome. The parade wasn't the same, but the meal was. The company wasn't the same, but the love for the ones I got to share it with was.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving 2021. :)

Reactions: Edge612

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
B for me as well....only because we could not be with all our family. My in-laws did not come and a few more family members, they were definitely missed. I am sad that it will probably be like this for Christmas too.

I did send out a family text that once everything is better and more back to normal, we will plan a big family dinner.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Alright, I'll be the odd one out and say C, only because of COVID. The food was good, but our visit was abbreviated, and we didn't even get to see my wife's family. I'm aiming for an A or B for 2021.

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image