turkey day desserts?

mrshamm

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 3, 2006
Ohio
if ya wana stop by I can send you mapquest directions :D

or better yet...we'll leave a trail of nog to follow...lol.

:)

E

Ervserver

Just leave a carton open on the front step, I can sniff my way 8)

mrshamm

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 3, 2006
Ohio
I can't garantee that my son won't go out on the porch and drink it...lol.

S

sheepsnot

Have you tried freezing your eggnog into nogsicles? Just curious if it would be tasty or otherwise.

Christy Carol

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2006
Redfield Arkansas
sheep, why one time is your eggnog snowman small and the next he is huge? Does it have to do with how much he has had to drink??

S

sheepsnot

Yet another question I have never been asked before. 8) On my screen he is the same size each time, tiny. Not sure what's going on, but he doesn't actually ever raise that mug, so it's not a question of caloric intake.

Christy Carol

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Lifer
Oct 3, 2006
Redfield Arkansas
sheepsnot said:
Yet another question I have never been asked before. 8) On my screen he is the same size each time, tiny. Not sure what's going on, but he doesn't actually ever raise that mug, so it's not a question of caloric intake.

:eek:

LMAO!!!

*shaking head*

mrshamm

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 3, 2006
Ohio
Christy Carol said:
sheepsnot said:

:eek:

LMAO!!!

*shaking head*

:lol:

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
On Turky Day, we always have Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Tarts and Fruit Salad - banana's, cherries, oranges, pinapple, grapes all encased in more whip cream than is reccomended for a daily intake. (My father argues that it should be considered dessert and that it's not a salad, but it's sereved at dinner, and he never wins the argument....)

kidzrme

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 20, 2006
MARTHA'S VINEYARD, MA.
:march:We ALWAYS have Pumpkin and Pecan pie. My mom also makes a chocolate cream pie for the little ones, I don't like it, but they do!

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
I luvs chocolate cream pie!

Annette

Christmas Princess
MMC Lifer
Oct 2, 2007
Washington
I make a wonderfu blueberry and banana cream cheese pie...along with the pumpkin of course

scooterbugs25

Twinkle Light Checker
MMC Member
Aug 21, 2007
I make a blueberry and Cherry Delight. We only get this 3 times a year. Christmas, Thanksgiving and Family Reunions.

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Once, last year I believe, we made this pumpkin pudding parfeit from Paula Deen... It was good! Maybe i'll find the recipie....

MerrySouthernChristmas

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Feb 19, 2007
Oh! Here it is!

Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Thanksgiving

2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) box cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We always have the traditional pumpkin pie, but every year I make Pumpkin Rolls & Iced Pumpkin Cookies - YUMMY!!! I make a big batch of pumpkin cookies & they freeze well so I can get them out whenever I need them. I make a pumpkin roll for the fall party at the lake, one to bring into work & one to bring Thanksgiving...and sometimes other celebrations pop up, & I'll whip up another.
:pumpkin:

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image