Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good morning ❤️
Cold day here today...
Isak have been sick all week, so I keep him home from school today also
But Im thinking he will be back in the classroom tomorrow.

My boys turn 13 years old tomorrow...
Just like that, from premature (and dysmature) babies to teenagers!!??
That day thirteen years ago, was the worst day of my life
Traumatic and dramatic. I was just minutes from loosing them both
So it's still not a good day for me...
Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Today Im putting up my mini Christmas tree on the kitchen countertop
The big one is coming up right before Thanksgiving

Hope YOU have a wonderful day my friend
Merry Thursday ❤️
(((((Hugs))))) Oh Solice your post made me tear up. Thank God everything turned out well. Praying for Isak to recover . Happy early birthday to your boys. Sending support and strength.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Merry Thursday!

Well I am dashing through as usual. Lots to get done today. Before I go here is this year's John Lewis advert. The first big one for the season. Also the Christmas markets open today along with the outdoor ice rink!! Whooo Hoo Christmas is here!!!!!!!!!!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Merry Thursday!

Well I am dashing through as usual. Lots to get done today. Before I go here is this year's John Lewis advert. The first big one for the season. Also the Christmas markets open today along with the outdoor ice rink!! Whooo Hoo Christmas is here!!!!!!!!!!

I love this! I just love dogs so much and this is such a sweet ad funny ad. Do you skate Festive? If so, I hope you get to enjoy the rink during the season. Have a great busy day.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good evening,

It has been a long day here, we had to bring our big cat, Winston, back to the humane society today. He bit JP in the arm the other night which got infected quite badly, very quickly. He has gone to the Dr twice and also had to go see a surgeon. It looks like it is healing on its own, but JP has another appointment to see the surgeon again next week. Unfortunately, the only thing we could do is bring him back, we cannot justify keeping him when he bites the kids while they sleep. It was the third occurrence in a year and a half that resulted in seeing a Dr. The shelter is a no kill shelter, and they will try to match him up to a perfect home, One that should probably have no kids and no other pets. We are quite devastated by this, he was a good cat for the most part, very loving, but ornery. We love him very much, but this is best for our family.
I never started decorating since I was gone for hours getting lost in downtown Springfield, so my goal of having the trees up tomorrow is just a pipe dream now.
Day off #2 tomorrow hopefully decorating will be a major part of it.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone

I'm sorry to hear that Xmas, I know that must have been a difficult decision for you guys. Keeping all of you in my thoughts, praying Winston finds a home. I hope you enjoy your day off.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ❤️
Cold day here today...

Merry Thursday ❤️

I hope Isak gets well soon and I'm sending Happy Birthday wishes for the boys. Keeping you in my thoughts {{{hugs}}}

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Thursday!

Awww, this made me smile this morning. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a wonderful day!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good evening,

It has been a long day here, we had to bring our big cat, Winston, back to the humane society today. He bit JP in the arm the other night which got infected quite badly, very quickly. He has gone to the Dr twice and also had to go see a surgeon. It looks like it is healing on its own, but JP has another appointment to see the surgeon again next week. Unfortunately, the only thing we could do is bring him back, we cannot justify keeping him when he bites the kids while they sleep. It was the third occurrence in a year and a half that resulted in seeing a Dr. The shelter is a no kill shelter, and they will try to match him up to a perfect home, One that should probably have no kids and no other pets. We are quite devastated by this, he was a good cat for the most part, very loving, but ornery. We love him very much, but this is best for our family.
I never started decorating since I was gone for hours getting lost in downtown Springfield, so my goal of having the trees up tomorrow is just a pipe dream now.

Goodnight, everyone
Very sorry to hear about Winston badly biting your child. I hope JP will be alright. And I hope the shelter will find the perfect home for Winston. That must have been a sad decision to make. Hope today is a much happier, Christmas-filled day for you.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning ❤️
Cold day here today...

Merry Thursday ❤️
Solice, sending good thoughts your way as you will be celebrating such a great day (your boys turning 13) and remembering such a tragic day. Have a great Thursday.

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
It's going to be sunny with a high of 56 degrees today. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Everyone will be waking soon so I'm going to get started on breakfast. Still so tired from staying awake for the election results. I'm getting too old to do that. Not too much planned for today. I'm going to run to Hallmark to get a birthday card for my SIL. I may treat myself to a Christmas ornament while I'm there. Back home afterward to work on some chores around the house. Dinner will be baked raviolis, spinach salad and mozzarella bread. That's about it for me. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day <3

IMG_9935.JPG

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
It's going to be sunny with a high of 56 degrees today. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Everyone will be waking soon so I'm going to get started on breakfast. Still so tired from staying awake for the election results. I'm getting too old to do that. Not too much planned for today. I'm going to run to Hallmark to get a birthday card for my SIL. I may treat myself to a Christmas ornament while I'm there. Back home afterward to work on some chores around the house. Dinner will be baked raviolis, spinach salad and mozzarella bread. That's about it for me. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day <3

View attachment 33696
Wish there was a Hallmark store nearby so I could check out their ornaments. Hope you a perfect one while you're there. I too am still feeling tired from Tuesday night. Doesn't help that I rarely sleep non-stop through any night. Dinner sounds delicious btw. Enjoy your day HMG.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! I'll be continuing to do some housecleaning today and I'll do some browsing online for gift ideas. It's cold this morning (-1°C/30°F) so time to bring out Loki's little sweater for his walk, but temps will warm up significantly today. Wishing everyone another great day!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Merry Thursday!

Wooo-Hooo Festive....Let the festivities begin...Time to get that tree up and lights twinkling Festive-tree-

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Special Post Day 4

Continuity

We continuously hear the word "change" and how much we crave a "new beginning", " new leadership", or " A different way of doing things". However, here, in our world, we inherently believe in those things which always have tied us together and a continuation of the way we are...

The Season- a time to reflect and remember the wonderful Holidays of our past

The Season- a time when a world, surely gone mad, remembers those important in our lives

The Season- a time to remember and believe in a power that is far greater than anything on this earth

The Season- a time to remember " I am my brother's keeper"

The Season- continuity, the way we are, the way we have been, we celebrate that which reminds us of the need to not seek so much change, the traditions in our lives is what makes us so special, and the season, so joyful

and so it comes to this,
Day 4 until the season

best my friends,

Binger
Love this Binger...thanks for posting this!! I needed to read this today!

Good Wednesday morning, Christmas friends!

Like a lot of us, Nancy & I stayed up waaaay too late watching the election coverage, and now I'm dragging. I've finished my first pot of coffee, and about to brew my second. Whew!

Elizabeth's play competition was yesterday. They didn't place, but, in ALL honesty, theirs was the better performance. I'm not sure what happened, but the judges appeared to be more interested in social commentary than in actual acting ability. Oh, well. The kids were very big about it, and congratulated all of the winning team members like real pros. I'm so proud of them!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
Merry Thursday Brad...sorry to hear Elizabeth's cast did not place but sounds like a great group of kids!

View attachment 33673
This is Loki after getting a haircut. We've been more consistent in brushing him so he was not full of knots and they saved his beard :)
Adorable! Have a great Thursday!

Merry Thursday!

HaHa...love this..He looks similar to my boxer, Andre.
Have a great day and exciting about the Christmas markets!

Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!

View attachment 33696
Merry Thursday HMG...have a great day!!
So happy to read all is stable with Maggie! I will keep her in my prayers.
Dinner sounds so good!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Thursday, friends! Just working today and then I am getting my haircut and highlighted later and hopefully fitting in a workout today. I am off tomorrow and it is my husband's b-day too. Not sure what we are going to do maybe go out to lunch.
Hope you all have a blessed day!!
Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving!! Yay!! Definitely my 2nd fav day of the year.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, So-Close Friends!

And we are truly SO close, now.

How close?
Well:
Days to the Season: 3 (UNDER HALF A WEEK TO GO!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 14 (TWO WEEKS from TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 45 (Now under 6 1/2 weeks remain!)
(Really starting to feel it, right?)

Our Special Post Series continues:
Today (Day 3 before the Season) = McGunny
Tomorrow (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear
November 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
November 13 (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

Rather chilly here yesterday, with cloudy skies, some wind and a sprinkle or two.
Not a good day to be out and about.
Today should be cool as well, but it should be calmer with no rain.
We record 45 sunny degrees here currently on our back door thermometer device.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks.
Tomorrow will be the final Weekend Eve before the start of Christmas Season 2016!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good evening,

Goodnight, everyone
I'm sorry to hear that, xmas. I hope JP gets better soon!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Merry Thursday!

Thanks for sharing that, Festive. It brought a smile to my face, and perhaps some tears of excitement!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning ❤️
Cold day here today...

Merry Thursday ❤️
I'm glad to hear Isak is getting better. And I know about kids growing too fast. My baby is turning 16 in a couple weeks! I wish I was still holding her and singing to her on the front porch swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image