Halloween 2023 Countdown!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Evening Halloween friends! I've pretty much finished up everything as far as my Spooky Spring planning is concerned.

I've picked out the special wallflower fragrance plugs and scents to use for Spooky Spring - My haunted conservatory will run here in the main living room and have "Vampire Blood" Scent (my favorite ever wallflower scent, btw). In our master bedroom I will have my Spooky Halloween Tree that will be running "Wicked Vanilla Woods". And here by the front door in the dining room, I have a raven that sits on a pumpkin and I'm thinking about using an apple cinnamon or other standard fall scent there.

The decorations are coming out on Thursday night! I've got the two giant plastic jack o lanterns that are battery operated, as well as my electric incandescent Jack O Lantern that started Jack O Lantern day so many years ago.

I decided that beginning on April 1st, I'm going to try and watch at least one scary movie a day, and I'm going to keep Sundays free for "Dark Arts Sunday", I will keep the Harry Potter movies on rotation every Sunday of April. I'm going to publish my list of movies below, they are the same movies I play at my leisure during "Fall Preseason" and Spooky Season and beyond - they are in no particular order or ranking.

Food and Drink will be easy - copious amounts of cherry cider and Reese's candy. I've also asked Mrs. Snake to make her famous Fall spice cake, and I'm hoping for an Apple Pie as well over the course of the month.

Finishing up, I do plan on doing a "Halloween" (Michael Myers) marathon beginning on April 24th. My plan is to do every "original" Michael Myers movie, and if it all works out, I'd like to incorporate the "new" Halloween movies as we finish up. Either way, "Halfoween Night" will have OG Michael Myers (1978) on the screen.

I also will be taking a "break" from Spooky Spring festivities on Easter Sunday.

I think that's it folks! I'm sure some things might change organically on the fly, but it feels good to see all this ahead of me, and to have the month of April to look forward to. Here is my movie list, complete with "Halloween Duds"!

Spooky Spring 2023.jpg

I can't wait to see / read your plans as well! This is going to be great!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Ugh. I just tested positive for covid for the first time. So far i got a mild fever and some chills. Since i am guessing i will be down for a bit, figure i will start watching some scary movies this week.
Oh no. I hope the symptoms stay mild and that you bounce back quickly. Be sure to get plenty of rest!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 3
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 4
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 33
DAYS TO THE BERS: 157
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 174
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 187
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 217

Good Morning Halloween Friends! We're getting closer and closer to Spooky Spring now! It's calling our names as the end of the week gets closer and closer.

Also just 7 days now from hitting the big 150 on our way to The Bers!

Folks, I've said it before, but there is only ONE countdown that is still in the 200's, and it's shrinking daily now. Enjoy looking at the long count if that's your thing, because the rest of these jokers are moving.

My Tuesday Halloween thought is an easy one this week. I'm thinking about how this Friday is JOL Day and it leads into the "Spooky Spring Weekend". It's as close as I can get I think to last Halloween, and the "Halloweekend" that we all talk about.

Here's one last thought - Halfway to Halloween will be observed on April 30th. That's on a Sunday. So I pose the question, beginning on Friday, April 28th, would that be considered the "Halfoweekend"? Maybe we've coined a new term here.

Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! My Halloween Thought for this Tuesday is I am super excited for April and Spooky Spring. I'm going to celebrate with Halloween shows and chocolates. Yum. Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
My Halloween Tuesday Thought is actually multiple thoughts about my Spooky Spring and Halfoween plans. For the past couple of years I have listened to the "13 Days of Halloween" podcast during Spooky Spring, and it seems like they didn't disappoint and have now released a third season. But that's only 13 days! I've gotta fill those other days with something.

Halfoween will be easy. After a delayed start this year, I'll finally be kicking off my "classic monster monthly countdown" with Frankenstein/Frankenstein's monster. I was going to start this Friday on JOL Day, but I got lazy and didn't order the steelbook in time, and truthfully with March being what it was I wanted to start during a much better month.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Here's one last thought - Halfway to Halloween will be observed on April 30th. That's on a Sunday. So I pose the question, beginning on Friday, April 28th, would that be considered the "Halfoweekend"? Maybe we've coined a new term here.
I like it!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
My Halloween thought for today is I've never, ever, ever watched any of the Charlie Brown movies out of season (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). But earlier I was thinking about watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I listen to the movie soundtrack all the time, but I don't want to lose that special feeling I get when I watch it just before Halloween. I'm a little torn. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. :confused:

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 3
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 4
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 33
DAYS TO THE BERS: 157
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 174
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 187
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 217

Good Morning Halloween Friends! We're getting closer and closer to Spooky Spring now! It's calling our names as the end of the week gets closer and closer.

Also just 7 days now from hitting the big 150 on our way to The Bers!

Folks, I've said it before, but there is only ONE countdown that is still in the 200's, and it's shrinking daily now. Enjoy looking at the long count if that's your thing, because the rest of these jokers are moving.

My Tuesday Halloween thought is an easy one this week. I'm thinking about how this Friday is JOL Day and it leads into the "Spooky Spring Weekend". It's as close as I can get I think to last Halloween, and the "Halloweekend" that we all talk about.

Have a great day!
I like that!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
My Halloween thought for today is I've never, ever, ever watched any of the Charlie Brown movies out of season (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas). But earlier I was thinking about watching It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. I listen to the movie soundtrack all the time, but I don't want to lose that special feeling I get when I watch it just before Halloween. I'm a little torn. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. :confused:
I know exactly how you feel. As a 24/7 Christmas guy, there have been times when I wondered if somehow over time, Christmas stuff all the time would make "actual" Christmas less special. I remember I was in Lowes I think during the late fall of 2018 or 2019. Keep in mind I had been 24/7 Christmas by this point for about 4 years. I remember how I felt when I saw an endcap of Christmas lights and those little lawn stakes that hold lights and decorations. I got butterflies in my stomach because I think those things were the first things that Lowes put out that season. And I smiled because I had answered my own question on if "actual" Christmas stuff could still feel special after indulging 24/7.

Let us know what you decide - we respect your decision either way.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 2
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 3
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 32
DAYS TO THE BERS: 156
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 173
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 186
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 216

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Just two big days out from JOL Day Friday, that leads us into the beginning of Spooky Spring!

Folks - these last few evenings here have felt EXACTLY like October. It has made me so happy. Especially when I check on the long range forecast and see that it looks like we are guaranteed that the first two weeks of Spooky Spring up here is October weather. It's going to be amazing.

Tomorrow I have the happy task of getting all of the decorations and wallflowers ready for Spooky Spring. I can compare this mentally / emotionally to when I get the Christmas Tree box out each October, and how I feel that week before as the anticipation builds up every day!

Have a great Wednesday, folks! Think those October thoughts today!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I know exactly how you feel. As a 24/7 Christmas guy, there have been times when I wondered if somehow over time, Christmas stuff all the time would make "actual" Christmas less special. I remember I was in Lowes I think during the late fall of 2018 or 2019. Keep in mind I had been 24/7 Christmas by this point for about 4 years. I remember how I felt when I saw an endcap of Christmas lights and those little lawn stakes that hold lights and decorations. I got butterflies in my stomach because I think those things were the first things that Lowes put out that season. And I smiled because I had answered my own question on if "actual" Christmas stuff could still feel special after indulging 24/7.

Let us know what you decide - we respect your decision either way.
I don’t know. Still debating. I’ll see how I feel next week. I guess I could do a trial run this year and see how I feel in October. If it loses its specialness, then I won’t do it any more.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I don’t know. Still debating. I’ll see how I feel next week. I guess I could do a trial run this year and see how I feel in October. If it loses its specialness, then I won’t do it any more.
I used to think the same thing about listening to Christmas music year round, but just listening on Rudolph Eves and Rudolph Days has not decreased my "in season" enjoyment. Last year, I even bought a bunch of CDs (most were combos, like WOW! compilations) and listened to a new one each month. I think you will find the right balance.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 1
DAYS TO SPOOKY SPRING: 2
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 31
DAYS TO THE BERS: 155
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN SEASON: 172
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 185
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 215

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's JACK O LANTERN DAY EVE!

Today is the day I have been waiting for, for a long time! I finally get to stage my Halloween decorations and have everything ready to go for tomorrow. I think that this JOL Day may be one of the most important of the year, the only other one I can put it on the same level as is the "last" JOL Day in August that leads us into The Bers, or perhaps July's JOL Day that takes us into Fall Pre-Season. It's going to be a lot of fun either way.

Our next major milestone in here will obviously be the beginning of Spooky Spring, which starts on SATURDAY. We will also be down to just a few days out from the 150 Days to The Bers milestone by that point. What an exciting month we have coming up. That leads me into our March recap and our April preview.

March looking back did not seem as "brutal" as in years past. At least up here I am sure that it was due to having nearly no winter weather, with most of the month being Spring-like as far as temps go. We had a few truly cold days, and that was it. March saw us break two 200-day level seals, on "Days to Halloween Season", and "Days to October".

UP NEXT: APRIL - SPOOKY SPRING

Spooky Spring in April. Nuff said for a preview. We will wake up on Saturday morning and be HALF WAY back to October, when Spooky Spring officially begins. We will also see our last 200's level count disappear in about two weeks. And we will finish out the month by celebrating being Halfway back to Halloween. Or, as we coined yesterday, the "Halfoweekend".

Have a great day!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I am the same way. I can listen to the soundtrack without any worries about diminishing the specialness (even though I have my Charlie Brown soundtracks scheduled by month now), but I've never gone as far as to watch any of the holiday specials before October. I've wanted to, but I can't bring myself to do it.

If you end up watching it, let me know. Maybe I'll try it out this year for Spooky Spring and see what happens.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image