Status
Not open for further replies.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Congratulations on your 29th anniversary! And many more to come. Enjoy your Mothers' Day with your family HMG.

I don't think I saw this in your post - Happy Anniversary, HMG!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
The OPERA: Part IXVIXX

Act One: ( Opening) Curtains open to a blank stage: Carl the Camel is seen in the background high on a mountain dressed in tie dyed butterfly wings made out of old STARBUCKS cups. He appears happy and flashes in neon “ FREE MOCHA BLEND AT END OF OPERA”- curtain falls

End Act 1

Act 2- Opens with Meceka, Auntie Mistletoe, Prancer, and Homemakin Girl all entering the stage dressed as beautiful butterflies. They flutter about the stage and sing the aria “Ode to a Cocoon”. Jayish enters and dances a paus du lux entitled” Ain’t no sunshine in my leotard”. Rich and Edge enter and using blazing kazoos announce the arrival of Mayor Bradmac who via aria announces that he is so overcome with emotion at the beautiful butterflies that he is proclaiming the entire Month as “ Hug Your Butterfly but not so hard you break their wings” Month. Other butterflies emerge from the wings- including Sugar, who sings the aria “ Why ain’t there no sunshine in Jayish’s leotard?” As the curtain falls, Jayish dances the paus du lix entitled “Spanx”.

End Act 2.

Act 3- opens with more butterflies emerging from the wings- including Minta who sings the aria “ My wings are bigger than Jayish’s hair gel collection” and I teachpercusiion who sings the aria “ My wings are bigger than Made’s Hallmark Christmas movie dvd collection”. Crown emerges and via aria announces that they are angry over the increased butterflies all flapping their wings and causing such a disruption that they are unable to sleep their required 22.5 hours per day: They then using their demonic powers summon Made and Edge and Rich to bring forth the enormous canister then chase all the beautiful butterflies and try to spritz them with a deadly chemical made up of blueberry coffee. Binger arrives and announces via aria that they will save the day by slurping up all the coffee. However, Crown via aria laughs and signals that the mixture is decaf” Binger immediately gasps and Crown then forces the butterflies into the giant plastic cylinder and is then seen napping on a giant fired twinkie while Jayish dances a paus du lux entitled “ You want chemicals? Come to New Jersey” as the curtain falls

End Act 3

Act 4 ( Finale):

Curtain arises and we see the beautiful butterflies still imprisoned in the plastic cylinder. Chrstmaswarlock, Happyelf and Yuletide Junkie approach the cylinder and sing the aria “ The sand in the hourglass is almost out and the flying monkey’s might come back “( apparently forgetting that they are in an opera and not the wizard of oz..). Merry Carey and Martine arrive and sing the aria “ Why not just spritz Crown with the coffee- that will truly knock them down”? Then, while Jayish dances a paus du lux and distracts Crown by wearing a T-Shirt featuring the lyrics to “Ode to Billy Joe” the entire company rush the cylinder and free the butterflies. Then, in one of the most beautiful moments ever in Operatic History, Crown, seeing the wickedness of their ways announces they are reformed and via aria beg the company to not spritz them with coffee though a mixture of sweet tea would be welcome. The entire company come forth with Carl the Camel emerging from stage left and begins dispersing the free coffee while Jayish dances the paus du lux “ Ode to a Rubber Tree”(His most famous paus du lux) and the lovely aria “ Black Coffee in Bed”- though we see Crown gasping in pain at the lyrics… curtain closes..

End/

Bravo, Binger! Love it, like usual!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

We had a great Mother's Day weekend, in spite of all the rain. After church yesterday, we took Nancy and Mama out to eat, then all the shopping they could stand. It was especially nice, because Mama said it was the first day she had been completely pain-free since her bout with the shingles started, so we were all thankful for that.

This is graduation week for Elizabeth. I can't believe it. I'm going to really miss her when she moves to the university. It looks like lots of trips to that city are in my future.

I hope y'all have a great day! :)

So glad to hear your mom had a pain free day. Congrats to Elizabeth on her upcoming graduation!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
+d HoHoHello! :bundleup

I have good news and bad news ...

The good ...
I couldn't stand it anymore so instead of going to work yesterday, I went up to the hospital instead. Bit of a mistake; I thought I would be in and out in four hours. Got there at 11:00 and released at 8:30.

The pain I was having felt like gremlins were trying to pop out of my body in various places.

Blood work was fine, the CT scan ruled out anything scary. Dr.'s secretary ruled out anything contagious.

The bad...
Nobody can explain what's going on although my symptoms cleared up for several hours on Saturday, Sunday and yesterday, I'm still having trouble. The ER doctor suggested it was a virus that has pretty much run it's course.

Saw the husband of a friend who passed away from her long battle with brain cancer and inquired about the boys (one going into College and one starting high school in the FALL), the oldest son is in remission from his leukemia; the second son was born to help with a donor for treatment. I remember when I met him all those years ago that I thought he was controlling and he didn't smile much, little did I know that Juliette was already being tested for cancer. What I was feeling was his fear and need to protect and the sadness he couldn't always mask. Another reminder of how we shouldn't judge people.

Kind of nice to bump into him; his wife died three years ago. Her battle and their love story was a reminder that I'm not in as rough shape as others, perhaps it's time to build myself a bigger Super cape and push on forward. Thanks for all the prayers; they seem to have worked in my favour as it has turned out to be nothing serious.

Have a terrific Tuesday and stay jolly!-mistletoe-

Glad to hear it was nothing serious. Hope you start to feel better soon.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning ~
Happy Tuesday!
It’s going to be cloudy with showers later today and a high of 53, we’re currently at 44 degrees. Looks like we’ll finally get some warmer and drier weather tomorrow. I don’t have too much going on today. I have to do some food shopping this morning. My mother is going to stop by this afternoon for a cup of tea so I’ll pick up some cookies while I’m out. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores and dinner will be tacos. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

Enjoy the visit with your mom!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Tuesday!
Today my youngest daughter turns 13...so we officially have 2 teenagers in the house. My husband has to work late so I think we will go out to dinner tomorrow night. I am going to get her some cupcakes for tonight. Hope you all have a great day!!

Happy Birthday to her!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning friends and Happy Tuesday! I'm off today and it is much needed! I didn't get a chance to check in here yesterday - it was hectic at work and I ended up leaving an hour late. We had a critical patient and had to stay until the helicopter got him to another near by hospital, so I was tired when I got home.

We have our niece today. DH has been working on spring cleaning, so we'll be doing more of that today as well. The weather is so crappy here. It's only 50, so gloomy, and windy. It rained for several days here. I'll be so happy when it gets warm again!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Happy Tuesday!
Today my youngest daughter turns 13...so we officially have 2 teenagers in the house. My husband has to work late so I think we will go out to dinner tomorrow night. I am going to get her some cupcakes for tonight. Hope you all have a great day!!
Happy Birthday to her!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

Nancy and Elizabeth had me out shopping till 10pm last night. Then I got up early to work on the Shutterfly book we're doing for Elizabeth. I had to take a couple hours off of work this morning to finish it, but we've been working on it for a week. This graduation is going to break me!

At least it's not going to rain today. I hope y'all have a great day! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Tuesday!

Such yucky weather here for May 14th ... cloudy, showery, and temps stuck in the mid-40s (F). Where's late spring-early summer? April and May, except for a few breaks here and there, have been gray, chilly, and dreary. Time to brighten up!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Tuesday!

Happy Birthday to your daughter!!!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
+d HoHoHello! :bundleup

I have good news and bad news ...

The good ...
I couldn't stand it anymore so instead of going to work yesterday, I went up to the hospital instead. Bit of a mistake; I thought I would be in and out in four hours. Got there at 11:00 and released at 8:30.

The pain I was having felt like gremlins were trying to pop out of my body in various places.

Blood work was fine, the CT scan ruled out anything scary. Dr.'s secretary ruled out anything contagious.

The bad...
Nobody can explain what's going on although my symptoms cleared up for several hours on Saturday, Sunday and yesterday, I'm still having trouble. The ER doctor suggested it was a virus that has pretty much run it's course.

Saw the husband of a friend who passed away from her long battle with brain cancer and inquired about the boys (one going into College and one starting high school in the FALL), the oldest son is in remission from his leukemia; the second son was born to help with a donor for treatment. I remember when I met him all those years ago that I thought he was controlling and he didn't smile much, little did I know that Juliette was already being tested for cancer. What I was feeling was his fear and need to protect and the sadness he couldn't always mask. Another reminder of how we shouldn't judge people.

Kind of nice to bump into him; his wife died three years ago. Her battle and their love story was a reminder that I'm not in as rough shape as others, perhaps it's time to build myself a bigger Super cape and push on forward. Thanks for all the prayers; they seem to have worked in my favour as it has turned out to be nothing serious.

Have a terrific Tuesday and stay jolly!-mistletoe-

So glad it was nothing serious! Praying you are better soon. Give O'Malley a hug from me!
xx

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good Morning, Half-Way Doorsteppers.

Yes, Folks. We stand right on the threshold of the HALF-WAY point to Christmas Season 2019!

Days to the Season: 183
Days to Christmas Day: 225

And TOMORROW we will be there.
The FIFTY PERCENT mark to the Season.
(Wowzersville!)

Had some rain and a little wind here yesterday afternoon as a line of storms passed by. For a while, we were under a severe thunderstorm warning and there were some damaging tornadoes elsewhere in Wake county but we had no problems at our place.
Today should be much calmer, with little to no chance of rain and highs in the low 70's. (Sounds pretty nice!)
Our starting temperature reading for this second day of the week is a surprisingly coolish 55 degrees, but it's nice and sunny.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, All!

Thank you, Crown ~ have a merry Tuesday!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy Tuesday!

Happy Birthday to your youngest daughter!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I made it through half a day of work and my car was repaired in under 45 minutes so I went got my hair cut. One of the ladies is coming to my husband's celebration of life; he really liked that spot and especially the precision that particular barber used when cutting hair.

I think I can do a full day tomorrow if I can I am off to a slow start in the morning, I can just extend my time to work later than usual.

Had my first real food since I've been having so much trouble. I really enjoyed the small steak, mashed potatoes, baby carrots and peas.

O'Malley has taken to the moist food so we kind of eat at the same time.

I can't rush things, but next week I'm hoping to get back to the gym.

It was a beautiful sunny day and I enjoyed listening and singing along to 70's on 70 in my car as I've been driving my husband's car for two weeks until my muffler and carburetor could be fixed.

I have a surprise to share from the front page for tomorrow. Something I read this morning over coffee and breakfast.

Keep a merry thought in your head -reindeer-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
And here we are - Crown will be along to share the shocking and merry details soon enough.

In the meantime, I offer for your reading pleasure a story from the front page that was shared by Merry Carey back in 2014.

Here is a fine old Christmas story from 1914 about Calliope Marsh, a woman determined to gather her entire neighborhood under one Christmas tree.

A Great Tree
From Neighborhood Stories by Zona Gale (1914)

https://mymerrychristmas.com/a-great-tree/

-sing- I'll bet that hit the merry spot! -tree-

And a special note from me to you!

A Special Gift

You’re giving me a gift each day,
Discovering similarities along the way,
In sharing cherished days gone by,
Waiting for the season to greet us again,
Your friend, in Christmas, I remain.

By: AuntieMistletoeDear

50% of our journey complete - WOW! +l

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Mid May Mid Week MMC! Let's look at Crown's post today. I can't wait to see it. We haven't seen the sun at all since Saturday. We should see it today. It is tough when you go three days in a row without a peek of sun. I hope you all enjoy this "special" day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image