Jeff Westover

Chief Elf Officer
MMC Founder
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 7, 2004
Cache Valley, Utah
jeffwestover.com
It's been a good year for Santa's Sleigh - but it's not enough. It's never enough.

We released what we had left last week and in the past couple of days, as is the norm, we've been made aware of so many other needs. But this year is different. Way different.

We didn't provide presents, toys, Christmas trees or turkeys this year.

It's been the stuff of food insecurity, utility bills and coats for the kids. We've done this before in some circumstances but this year EVERYTHING has been about this kind of stuff.

We have had our website, SantasSleigh.org, for years. We haven't done much to "promote" it because anything online tends to draw a lot of fraud.

Because we have used a sponsor model, we have been able to weed out most of the dark forces out there looking to scam.

But where it has been different at the website this year is that it has been sponsors coming to us via the website. Yes, there are plenty of folks in need who approach us, but this year for the first time we've been overwhelmed with sponsors.

These are legitimate organizations who are used to working with folks like us to help others at Christmas time. And they're just totally unable to get enough to meet needs.

It's deeper than we all know.

Please check with your family, no matter how close or far. I guarantee you will find some people in your family you have no idea are struggling.

Check with your neighbors. Many are just going without this Christmas because they are struggling just to make ends meet. More than you possibly realize are in this situation.

If you have the means to help, please help. This year is not like any year I have ever seen before.

I'm not asking for money. I'm just asking that you look a little closer to home to see the needs.

Some people are too proud - or ashamed -- to ask. Don't hesitate to give, if you can.

Extra food you might have is even a GREAT gift you can give it this year.

We always get last minute donations and I suspect this year won't be any different. We'll give every last thing that comes in away. Right now, we have 242 documented, unfulfilled "wishlists" - all sponsored. There will be nothing left over this year.

Santa's sleigh does a little good in the world because it is our collective effort. From the cards we send to the calls we make to the money that is collected and moved, it's an honest little effort. Easy, compared to folks running the hometown good works of shelter, food and clothing.

Thank you for your ongoing support of our efforts to practice what we all feel for Christmas.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image