Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Sunday MMC! Hope you are enjoying your weekend. It's a beautiful sunny and cool Sunday morning here. I got lots of errands done Saturday so today will be a little more relaxed. Enjoying the weekend but makes me realize how great it will be to have a 3 day weekend next week and many to follow this summer. Hoping to see Crown back on the Countdown today but Gunny did a great job filling in. Hope everyone has a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Good Morning, Friends old and new!

The Crowns are back from Florida and a real nice visit with relatives in Melbourne, Daytona Beach and Lake Mary. The weather was excellent and so was the company.

But, I return to a shock!
What in the world has happened to the count?? Can it possibly have declined this far this soon?
(Well, NcGunny says so, therefore it must be true. And a special THANKS to him for continuing the count without a break. Good job my friend!)

Now, for today's numbers:
Days to the Season: 176
Days to Christmas Day: 218

And our next Milestone, now that we have passed the half way marker to the Season? (Still hard to believe.)
Well, it's the TWO HUNDRED DAY CHRISTMAS DAY Milestone marker and it is barely over 2 1/2 WEEKS OFF!
(Remarkable. Most remarkable, indeed.)

As stated above, we had real nice weather for our trip. Rather warm, but not overly humid. And virtually no rain to speak of.
This morning has commence fairly warm here, at 64 degrees, and it looks like we might get some rain.
In fact, we could be in for quite a bit of precipitation in the week ahead.

Have a Super Sunday, Everyone!
Enjoy the remainder of you weekend to the fullest.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

The Crowns are back from Florida and a real nice visit with relatives in Melbourne, Daytona Beach and Lake Mary. The weather was excellent and so was the company.

What in the world has happened to the count?? Can it possibly have declined this far this soon?
(Well, NcGunny says so, therefore it must be true. And a special THANKS to him for continuing the count without a break. Good job my friend!)

And our next Milestone, now that we have passed the half way marker to the Season? (Still hard to believe.)
Well, it's the TWO HUNDRED DAY CHRISTMAS DAY Milestone marker and it is barely over 2 1/2 WEEKS OFF!

As stated above, we had real nice weather for our trip. Rather warm, but not overly humid. And virtually no rain to speak of.
This morning has commence fairly warm here, at 64 degrees, and it looks like we might get some rain.

Thanks Crown! Welcome back!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Happy Sunday folks!

It has been a rainy couple of days here. The temperatures are cooling off for this week too.

We finally have our mulch and topsoil being delivered this week, so maybe we can finish up our garden next weekend.
This week is the last week of school for me and the kids. My wife has three days the week after that.

I am looking forward to summer that is for sure. However, it will be busy. I have three master's classes this summer and I am going to convert a lot of my school files over to google drive and google classroom. And I have to create lessons for two new classes. But, that is all actually fun. Plus we will take some little vacations here and there. I am hoping to take a trip up to Frankenmuth, Michigan and go to Bronner's Christmas store. We have not been in a few years and I really enjoy Bronners and the whole town.

Well, everyone have a great Sunday!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
They're putting out Fall & Christmas at Hobby Lobby!!!

View attachment 36890 View attachment 36891
Greetings Brad. Yeah around here as well, they are always the first. It started just as the crafts to give people time to complete them prior to the holidays, but obviously somewhere along the way, the head shed decided... "What the heck". and put up a lot of it early.
The great thing is, it is usually followed by some nice early sales as well.
hobby-lobby.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Happy Sunday folks!

It has been a rainy couple of days here. The temperatures are cooling off for this week too.

We finally have our mulch and topsoil being delivered this week, so maybe we can finish up our garden next weekend.
This week is the last week of school for me and the kids. My wife has three days the week after that.

I am looking forward to summer that is for sure. However, it will be busy. I have three master's classes this summer and I am going to convert a lot of my school files over to google drive and google classroom. And I have to create lessons for two new classes. But, that is all actually fun. Plus we will take some little vacations here and there. I am hoping to take a trip up to Frankenmuth, Michigan and go to Bronner's Christmas store. We have not been in a few years and I really enjoy Bronners and the whole town.

Well, everyone have a great Sunday!
Greetings Iteach. Bronner's is on my "bucket list" to be sure. I have heard a lot about the store and the town of Frankenmuth. So far, no down sides.
Bronners.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Hi there MMC community. Well the short work week has ended and after a brief nap, got the gutters cleaned out and fixed.
Still on the cool side here and with me trying to get in a few outdoor chores before tomorrow's rain, I feel that Arby's will be the solution to this evening's dining adventure. They have a limited edition Smoke Mountain Sandwich with the following... Onion strings, cheddar cheese, pork belly (thick smoked bacon), brisket and ham on a star bun with BBQ & Mayo. It is huge, but I have just got to try it with their loaded curly fries and the Ultimate Chocolate shake...
Wish me luck...
Smoke Mountain Sandwich.jpg

Loaded Curly Fries.jpg

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Hi there MMC community. Well the short work week has ended and after a brief nap, got the gutters cleaned out and fixed.
Still on the cool side here and with me trying to get in a few outdoor chores before tomorrow's rain, I feel that Arby's will be the solution to this evening's dining adventure. They have a limited edition Smoke Mountain Sandwich with the following... Onion strings, cheddar cheese, pork belly (thick smoked bacon), brisket and ham on a star bun with BBQ & Mayo. It is huge, but I have just got to try it with their loaded curly fries and the Ultimate Chocolate shake...
Wish me luck...
View attachment 36897

View attachment 36896
Made me hungry. We don't have an Arby's around me.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny

Thxs Crown!! Twas a pleasure to fill in for ya.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Greetings Iteach. Bronner's is on my "bucket list" to be sure. I have heard a lot about the store and the town of Frankenmuth. So far, no down sides.
View attachment 36894

Bronner's is GREAT! I have been there a few times. It is only a few hours away from me so we have even made it a single day trip. The store is really neat and well organized. Outside is a small "church" replicating the church where Silent Night was first performed. The town of Frankenmuth is wonderful as well. Easy to walk around several stores and shops. Great food and they often have little festivals or events going on.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! Happy Monday before Memorial Day! I know many of us are looking forward to that long 3 day weekend ahead and I'm sure many of us will have several of those this summer/summer vacation days. Nothing better than that well other than the Bers and the Holiday. Today we expect a high of 61 degrees with some rain. The weekend was pretty nice and I got a lot done. I hope everyone enjoys their Monday before Memorial Day!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Bronner's is GREAT! I have been there a few times. It is only a few hours away from me so we have even made it a single day trip. The store is really neat and well organized. Outside is a small "church" replicating the church where Silent Night was first performed. The town of Frankenmuth is wonderful as well. Easy to walk around several stores and shops. Great food and they often have little festivals or events going on.
Thank you so much for the info. I appreciate your getting back to me.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Everybody everywhere in the great MMC Nation!

And these are great times indeed, as we slowly close on yet another Milestone marker.

This morning's numbers:
Days to the Season: 175
Days to Christmas Day: 217

And the Milestone we are approaching is the TWO HUNDRED DAY CHRISTMAS DAY marker, after which BOTH of our counts will be in the 100's.
What's more, that point is now under 2 1/2 weeks away!
(Now, I know that is rather hard to believe but it just happens to be the gospel truth. Just check out the Countdown marker chart. It's our bible as far as the count is concerned!)

Nice and sunny yesterday with warm temps but a humidity reading still in the tolerable range. That will be changing shortly, so it would be best not to get too used to it.
We have commenced this new week here in central North Carolina at 70 degrees, and a light rain has just stopped -- temporarily.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Friends!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Morning MMC! Happy Monday before Memorial Day! I know many of us are looking forward to that long 3 day weekend ahead and I'm sure many of us will have several of those this summer/summer vacation days. Nothing better than that well other than the Bers and the Holiday. Today we expect a high of 61 degrees with some rain. The weekend was pretty nice and I got a lot done. I hope everyone enjoys their Monday before Memorial Day!
Good Monday Morning Edge. I am always off on Sundays and Mondays, so those holidays that the government "arranges" for Mondays (from their exact dates), I get to enjoy as well. But it will not be a three day for me. A few chores today and some afternoon rain to go along with it. Have a nice day and a better week...
I'm looking ahead to some consistent Mondays...
Monday Night Football.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Morning all!!! Looks like we get another day of rain today. Time to catch up on some painting.
Greetings Gunny. We had a break in the rain here yesterday. More on the way today and then looks like a week or more of drying out. Perhaps this would be a good garage cleaning day for me...
Not quite this bad, but getting awfully close to it...
Crowded Garage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image