Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 198
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 175
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 114

Happy Double Digits May! Today we have 198 days remaining until Thanksgiving. Amazing isn’t it? We have 175 days remaining until November. Even more amazing isn’t it? And we have 114 days remaining until The Bers. The most amazing isn’t it? Our next milestone is going to be in 2 weeks from now when we reach the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. Now normally I say get excited for a milestone which we of course are going to but also be cautious as that means we have 2 full weeks of our much talked about “stress-free” time that started somehow early in the spring. I think we’ll have to zone in on that as a future little part of this thread going forward. It’s been a fun little thing that’s been talked about here through a good part of the spring seemingly. Now don’t fear because 2 full weeks is a lot of time still on our side so the stress-free nature of everything will continue for the foreseeable future. I know all of you are very excited about that and I hope you enjoy it. These are precious days. And there are of course the most precious days still yet to come in our thread. That’s the best news about stress-free time is we keep everything in front of us still. Now all you turkey fans enjoy your Tuesday ok? Tomorrow we’ll be back with our weekly poll (Wednesday style). Have a great Double Digits May!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
With our weather being the way it is here (unseasonably cold, freezing temps still at night), it just seems "crazy" to imagine that we are nearing the 100 day marker to The Bers, when we haven't even really had a hot spell. I'm in the Northeast and I think this is the coldest May we've ever had so far. I mentioned it in the Christmas thread, but realistically we could be looking at only half of June being "hot", then the sweat fest of July, and then finally turning the corner in mid August as we cruise towards the Bers. That's 2 1/2 months of hot weather compared to the normal 3 1/2 to 4. It might be a short summer, Charlie Brown.

Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Last year I was worried that there would be a turkey shortage and thankfully there was not. But now, after going to the grocery store last night, I'm wondering about this year. Although, Walmart had bulk chicken wings in the freezer section for the first time in 16 months. So maybe the meat shortage is coming to an end. I still may get my turkey early again this year.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
With our weather being the way it is here (unseasonably cold, freezing temps still at night), it just seems "crazy" to imagine that we are nearing the 100 day marker to The Bers, when we haven't even really had a hot spell. I'm in the Northeast and I think this is the coldest May we've ever had so far. I mentioned it in the Christmas thread, but realistically we could be looking at only half of June being "hot", then the sweat fest of July, and then finally turning the corner in mid August as we cruise towards the Bers. That's 2 1/2 months of hot weather compared to the normal 3 1/2 to 4. It might be a short summer, Charlie Brown.

Have a great day!
Love the Peanuts reference! And of course, "It Was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown" is one of my favorite Peanuts specials which I begin watching every year without fail in August. You've got me looking forward to it already!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Last year I was worried that there would be a turkey shortage and thankfully there was not. But now, after going to the grocery store last night, I'm wondering about this year. Although, Walmart had bulk chicken wings in the freezer section for the first time in 16 months. So maybe the meat shortage is coming to an end. I still may get my turkey early again this year.
I really want another Popeye's turkey, but with the economy in the state it's in right now I'm scared of how much they're going to cost this year. I might try to do a DIY Popeye's turkey and just cook it myself. At some point the scales are going to tip on the convenience-to-cost ratio.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 198
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 175
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 114

Happy Double Digits May! Today we have 198 days remaining until Thanksgiving. Amazing isn’t it? We have 175 days remaining until November. Even more amazing isn’t it? And we have 114 days remaining until The Bers. The most amazing isn’t it? Our next milestone is going to be in 2 weeks from now when we reach the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. Now normally I say get excited for a milestone which we of course are going to but also be cautious as that means we have 2 full weeks of our much talked about “stress-free” time that started somehow early in the spring. I think we’ll have to zone in on that as a future little part of this thread going forward. It’s been a fun little thing that’s been talked about here through a good part of the spring seemingly. Now don’t fear because 2 full weeks is a lot of time still on our side so the stress-free nature of everything will continue for the foreseeable future. I know all of you are very excited about that and I hope you enjoy it. These are precious days. And there are of course the most precious days still yet to come in our thread. That’s the best news about stress-free time is we keep everything in front of us still. Now all you turkey fans enjoy your Tuesday ok? Tomorrow we’ll be back with our weekly poll (Wednesday style). Have a great Double Digits May!​
Just TWO weeks until the 100-day milestone! Amazing!

Oh, geez, these pesky brake lines are in the way. Hang on while I find something to cut them with.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
It is so weird the things stores have shortages on. One of the things here is pasta, there are certain ones that you just can't find. And I have a specific hair product I haven't been able to find. They said they had it on Amazon, but when it came it was not the one I can't find. I am thinking that buying early is a really good idea.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I really want another Popeye's turkey, but with the economy in the state it's in right now I'm scared of how much they're going to cost this year. I might try to do a DIY Popeye's turkey and just cook it myself. At some point the scales are going to tip on the convenience-to-cost ratio.
I took a peek at the prices for the Easter Dinner meals for 4 at the two stores that I have ordered Thanksgiving meals from in the past to see if there was a price spike. They seemed to be about the same, but I think there had been a big jump between 2020 and 2021. I will be eager to see what the prices are in November, even if just for comparison.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I took a peek at the prices for the Easter Dinner meals for 4 at the two stores that I have ordered Thanksgiving meals from in the past to see if there was a price spike. They seemed to be about the same, but I think there had been a big jump between 2020 and 2021. I will be eager to see what the prices are in November, even if just for comparison.
I am thinking there almost has to be an increase this year. The media is already talking about food shortages as if to prepare people for an inevitable price rise. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I can snag a turkey at the same price as last year.

I also wish Popeye's sold cajun turkeys for Halfsgiving.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I am thinking there almost has to be an increase this year. The media is already talking about food shortages as if to prepare people for an inevitable price rise. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I can snag a turkey at the same price as last year.

Me too!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 197
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 174
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 113

Happy Marvelous May! Today folks we have 197 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 174 days to go until November, and 113 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is going to be when we reach the amazing moment of the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. That will end our stress-free time although ironically that will start my stress-free time because I’ll start having some breaks from work then taking vacation time. Now it’s Wednesday so you know the drill and here is our poll!

If you could invite any fictional character to Thanksgiving Dinner which would it be?
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Santa Claus
  • Tom Turkey
  • Scrooge
  • I’m going with B. The reason? Mickey would be cool but he’s not quite Santa. Tom Turkey I’d feeling weird having him eat turkey and Scrooge might bring the mood down. What about you? Have a great Marvelous May!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia

The news and media really aren't the most reliable source of information, sadly. All I heard last year was how turkeys were going to cost 100$ and all this crazy stuff, and two weeks before Thanksgiving I went to Wal-Mart and ended up getting a 27 pound bird that was priced at like .70 cents a pound. We should definitely pay attention to the prices like I know everyone will, but no sense in getting worked up about it yet.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia

Happy Marvelous May! Today folks we have 197 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 174 days to go until November, and 113 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is going to be when we reach the amazing moment of the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. That will end our stress-free time although ironically that will start my stress-free time because I’ll start having some breaks from work then taking vacation time. Now it’s Wednesday so you know the drill and here is our poll!

If you could invite any fictional character to Thanksgiving Dinner which would it be?
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Santa Claus
  • Tom Turkey
  • Scrooge
  • I’m going with B. The reason? Mickey would be cool but he’s not quite Santa. Tom Turkey I’d feeling weird having him eat turkey and Scrooge might bring the mood down. What about you? Have a great Marvelous May!​

I'm going with Santa Claus!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

• Mickey Mouse
  • Santa Claus
  • Tom Turkey
  • Scrooge
Gotta invite the big guy, Santa. That would be a jolly good time.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
The news and media really aren't the most reliable source of information, sadly. All I heard last year was how turkeys were going to cost 100$ and all this crazy stuff, and two weeks before Thanksgiving I went to Wal-Mart and ended up getting a 27 pound bird that was priced at like .70 cents a pound. We should definitely pay attention to the prices like I know everyone will, but no sense in getting worked up about it yet.
Believe me, these days I don't really trust any media outlets.

I had forgotten that last year we went through the same price panic scenario with the turkeys. I hope you're right. It just seems with all this talk of recession, rising interest rates, gas prices, etc. that food costs would rise as well, even if artificially so.

Christmas Activities

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image